Dumbarton -vs- Stranraer

This half really makes me wonder why people slate Hutton so much. He’s a perfectly decent player, I don’t think he’s misplaced a single pass today.
He's been fine, but you're judging him on one game. He's also been fine the last 3 or 4 weeks, but prior to that he was hopeless.

We are fucking awful. A team of absolute passengers who are going therough the motions.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
17 minutes ago, FifeSons said:
Dom Thomas clearly a class above anyone else on the park.

He has?

Yeah, whenever he gets the ball he looks a class above. He did brilliantly to set up Gallagher at the back post. If I was Duffy, I would just make sure we get the ball to him as often as possible.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We are fucking awful. A team of absolute passengers who are going therough the motions.

This is true. A lot of them giving the impression they know they’re on the way out in January. Hopefully that will be the case.

I would go as far as saying some of these players are the worst I've seen at Dumbarton. Not 1 player got pass marks today IMO, maybe Smith and Carswell at a push.

Bobby Barr, Willie Dyer, Paton, Callum Gallagher and Andy Dowie were absolutely dreadful. It astounds me that Duffy isn't starting Spence or Thomson over some of these duds. The fact he waited so long to change it is also baffling.

We have a team of absolute passengers who don't give a flying f**k.

Reduced entry prices, Hospitality nice & busy, and we get served up that crap on the pitch.
We're in trouble*

*stating the obvious

The hospitality may have been busy but the home end was deserted. Fair play to the board for trying to offer deals and fair play to some of our fans and the Trust for trying to drum up interest but unfortunately the only way we are ever going to get bodies through the door is by putting together a run of good results. Something that will never happen with this current group of players.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
23 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
Reduced entry prices, Hospitality nice & busy, and we get served up that crap on the pitch.
We're in trouble*

*stating the obvious

The hospitality may have been busy but the home end was deserted. Fair play to the board for trying to offer deals and fair play to some of our fans and the Trust for trying to drum up interest but unfortunately the only way we are ever going to get bodies through the door is by putting together a run of good results. Something that will never happen with this current group of players.

Absolutely

eta - I firmly believe a lot of goodwill in the town was lost after Aitken's shitfest tactics in the Irn Bru Cup Final up in Perth.

1/5th of Dumbarton's population  travelled to watch that.

Well, that was horrendous.
What a right mess Mr Aitken has left us in and what a job Duffy has on his hands trying to turn this season around.
A team made up of mostly non triers that have a serious lack of desire or fire in their bellies.
That Stranraer team is honking and we lost to them today, what does that make us? Extremely honking
Bobby Barr is an absolute waste of space, he couldn’t beat a drum and genuinely looks like he doesn’t care. We are far too reliant on Thomas and if we do not keep him beyond January we are potentially in big trouble. Pass marks to Carswell, Hutton, Thomas and probably the goalie shows just how bad we were today.
Not good enough.

That was typically excruciating. We don't have a single player with a goalscoring touch. Not one. A good goalscorer would've been the difference for us today (just as the same would've been the case against Airdrie), but when balls are being flashed across goal with nobody reacting, and Bobby Barr's hitting one-on-ones directly at the 'keeper for about the nine millionth time you're always liable to a counter attack. Especially when they have a midfielder who can jog beyond our one paced midfield, wait for the defence to back off, and curl one in the corner.

18 shots, countless really dangerous balls into the box, and Max Currie didn't have a serious save to make.

I thought Carsy was probably our best player. He's fitted in at centre-half really nicely, aside from him though most of the rest were either scrappy and careless or didn't look interested. 

Duffy has a huge job on his hands in January. 

To be honest  thought Stranraer were awful and they won with their only shot at goal . That speaks volumes about us. 

Sick of hearing people make reference to blaming Aitken for today’s performance 

we are clearly ina losing mentality. 

if Thomas doesn’t play as was part evident today then we are no threat.

i don’t usually pick on individuals but again sick of hearing about cgal being our attacking option. He was absolute pants today

useful initiative to get increase in numbers but not sure anyone will have been tempted back on that showing 

We have now, officially, had the most shots of anyone in this league - and the most on target.

Defensively we've had problems (of that there's no doubt) but our total inability to turn chances into goals is why we are where we are.

Archived