West Region / Clydebank (hypothetical)

glensmad

It's well documented that discussions are ongoing regarding the integration of the juniors into the pyramid for next season.

However, there is a scenario where those talks break down and it doesn't happen. With Clydebank having made the decision to go senior this coming summer by joining the East of Scotland League if necessary, what would be the scenario in terms of the numbers in the Premiership ?

Would one less team be relegated, or a 4th team promoted from the Championship to make up the numbers in the top league ? Is it something that has been discussed by the powers that be ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The logical approach for me would be to relegate one less team from the top two tiers and leave a 16-16-15-15 setup.
I would agree, however is it a scenario which has been discussed by the powers that be ? It' should be, as it's a very real possibility as Clydebank's intentions have been known for a long time.

Who gives a flying xxxx about Clydebank?
Another poster who pretends they don't care about a topic by going to the bother of typing a reply. [emoji849] And the manner of the reply shows he clearly didn't understand the topic, as it's not about Clydebank.

Option to still have 3 up, 3 down. Although early in the season you are leaving someone with a free week, later with Junior and Senior cups this may not have the same effect. Dunno if that would make it harder or easier for Kennie but Premier teams are more likely to be involved in latter stages so could work with Premier having only 15. Having said that, it is hypothetical and I do think there will be some kind of WoSL next season.

Obviously hypothetical but I would Have thought it would be bottom 3 in the premier would be relegated  if one of them is Clydebank it would leave 4 slots to championship from league 1 and 4 from League 2 to League 1 

This would leave a space in League 2 for a new application 

If Clydebank were not in bottom 3 - 4 should be promoted to Prem from Championship 

In my opinion it would be only fair way but as said - only hypothetical 

Logic says you still maintain 3 up - 3 down with the bottom tier of the grade absorbing the odd number.

That kind of contradicts itself. If you maintain the 3 up and 3 down, then a no deal Clexit means the top league would only have 15 teams (assuming they aren't in the bottom 3).

That kind of contradicts itself. If you maintain the 3 up and 3 down, then Clexit means the top league would only have 15 teams (assuming they aren't in the bottom 3).
Apologies Peter, lost the connection before I could finish saying that's how you go forward after you make the adjustments required to maintain 16-16-16--15. 4 up but 3 down .

Wouldn’t it be 16/16/16/14?

Or did people forget Dunipace left the West Juniors to go senior last summer.

I didn't forget. My original answer suggested 16-16-15-15. Although having read the other posts about higher tier clubs being more likely to have long cup runs since, I think maybe the best solution would be 14--16-16-16, although we couldn't get there fairly in one season.

End of the day it’s all hypothetical. Clydebank leaving or not still leaves us with the possibility of something coming in from the left side like a SFL3 and/or LL2 which in turn would have a knock on. Would Clydebank and a few other West Juniors give up a chance to play in a hypothetical LL2?

Or a West of Scotland League?

Possibility it might not be 3 or 4 going up but 10 or 12, hypotheticallly of course.

Archived