Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

3 minutes ago, Deontay WildPar said:

Big Myles is magnificent. Reminiscent of fat Ronaldo in his prime for our equaliser. 

Aye, I thought he was very clever. Obviously realised that Aero was in the box so aimed for him!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I thought he was very clever. Obviously realised that Aero was in the box so aimed for him!

You could be doing with a man like him to rescue you, though it's always hard to get that sort of talent in the January window. 

10 minutes ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

Don’t worry Falkirk fans. We didn’t beat Dunfermline in 4 games last season and still won promotion so there’s hope for yous yet emoji1303.png

mods please....

looking on here, twitter, facebook etc about allowing dunferline's display and the number of our fans acting like 5 year olds who had their lollipop taken off them is unbelievable, why did we let them do it at our ground, is no fair!! how anyone could watch our team yesterday and then give a **** about the card display is amazing.

when the cards went up there was a response by the young team up in the corner of the south stand, it could've led to the whole south stand getting going  but  the 200 decibel tannoy music, once again killed any attempt by the home fans to get some atmosphere going before the game. fans make the game, you want a good atmosphere at games, let away teams do displays if it would get our fans going and (I'm sounding auld now) turn the f***ing tannoy down before the game and let the fans build up a support!!!

I'm a bit of an auld fart noo as well. Totally agree with the contrived atmosphere stuff. Back in the 80/90s  grounds would rock with 100% passion from the fans.

The announcer's job was to tell us the team line-ups, inform of lost kids and announce reg plates of illegally parked cars.

Mind a couple of times in the admin season they had crowd noises blaring out the tannoy?

Rocked up to the home gate against Dumbarton thinking somehow there was a packed home stand despite the gloom feel of that time, only for it to be a sea of red seats and noises of crowd singing over the tannoy.

Mind a couple of times in the admin season they had crowd noises blaring out the tannoy?

Rocked up to the home gate against Dumbarton thinking somehow there was a packed home stand despite the gloom feel of that time, only for it to be a sea of red seats and noises of crowd singing over the tannoy.
Not our proudest moment.

16 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

If you'd have listened to McKinnon after every one of our gubbings, he's purposely not flung them under a bus, for obvious reasons. Now that the window is nearly upon us, he has. As regards parking the bus, he has on every game I've seen. God awful to stomach, and sadly to no avail most times.

Both Johansson (Morton) and Caldwell (Partick) have similar situations where they have inherited another managers squad of players. Not once have I heard either of those two managers speak about players the way McKinnon has about the players at Falkirk. 

McKinnon just simply has no class. Maybe one day you will see that

Both Johansson (Morton) and Caldwell (Partick) have similar situations where they have inherited another managers squad of players. Not once have I heard either of those two managers speak about players the way McKinnon has about the players at Falkirk. 
Thats the narrative you want. Unfortunately for you, we as fans know that McKinnon has been pretty consistent all the way through meaning none of us are in any way surprised by his comments.

You can beat it as hard as you want but you arent going to get any traction.

Imagine still being this bitter months later? Minter....

The yellow card outside the box is in our highlights (3:50) the play is moving away from goal so think a yellow was about right but have seen red for the same thing.
What is the rule now? No genuine attempt to play the ball? Sammut didnt attempt to play the ball but equally whilst it was a foul, it was pure accident iirc correctly with Keena cutting across (intellegent forward play really) and ensuring Sammut clipped him.

I would say yellow was right, although in real time if it happened to my team of course I am looking for a red!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

What is the rule now? No genuine attempt to play the ball? Sammut didnt attempt to play the ball but equally whilst it was a foul, it was pure accident iirc correctly with Keena cutting across (intellegent forward play really) and ensuring Sammut clipped him.

I would say yellow was right, although in real time if it happened to my team of course I am looking for a red!

I would say that "last man" is considered denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and outside the box would be a red. However the ball isn't really under control but the defender is really clumsy.

I would say that "last man" is considered denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and outside the box would be a red. However the ball isn't really under control but the defender is really clumsy.
I thought he was going off when it happened certainly cant deny that.

I did ask earlier if a Falkirk player had slipped to allow Hippolyte in for the first goal and our highlights show that yes, Robson slips just as Harrison (I think) messes up his header. Also seems on our highlights that Hippolyte's shot took two deflections - one off the bottom of someone's knee then the second off Muirhead to take it past Mitchell. A shame that the Beadling penalty shout wasn't really caught by the camera - it looked a strong claim at the time. The foul by the Falkirk centre half on half way to stop a Pars break by sticking a hip into the player was as cynical a foul as you'll see but amazingly he wasn't given a yellow for it. Thought the ref was a bit too lenient at times. Think the yellow for the one outside the box was probably fair enough but neither club's highlights showed the dangerous looking straight leg challenge - I think by Sammut - which for me was a borderline straight red but the ref didn't even give a yellow for.

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I did ask earlier if a Falkirk player had slipped to allow Hippolyte in for the first goal and our highlights show that yes, Robson slips just as Harrison (I think) messes up his header. Also seems on our highlights that Hippolyte's shot took two deflections - one off the bottom of someone's knee then the second off Muirhead to take it past Mitchell. A shame that the Beadling penalty shout wasn't really caught by the camera - it looked a strong claim at the time. The foul by the Falkirk centre half on half way to stop a Pars break by sticking a hip into the player was as cynical a foul as you'll see but amazingly he wasn't given a yellow for it. Thought the ref was a bit too lenient at times. Think the yellow for the one outside the box was probably fair enough but neither club's highlights showed the dangerous looking straight leg challenge - I think by Sammut - which for me was a borderline straight red but the ref didn't even give a yellow for.

Was that the one near the half way line on Higgy?

Thought the ref was too lenient and on another day they would have been down to ten and we would’ve had a pen for the challenge on Beadling.

Luckily none of it mattered and really we should have wiped the floor with them. Five or six at least.

Was that the one near the half way line on Higgy?
Thought the ref was too lenient and on another day they would have been down to ten and we would’ve had a pen for the challenge on Beadling.
Luckily none of it mattered and really we should have wiped the floor with them. Five or six at least.
It was. As clear a yellow as you'll ever see.

Archived