Dundee v Livingston

Dundee had their tactics spot on for the long throws today - 3 men on Gallagher on every single one. The one throw in that it looked like we were going to have a little success was when we quickly swapped Halkett and Lithgow in the last second.

Anyway, that game was shite. Menga was a lot better today than Saturday, although he blows so hot and cold. Will shimmy past 3 players and put in a great cross one minute, and then put the ball out of play for no reason 20 seconds afterwards.

Hardie was completely anonymous, I'm surprised Hamilton was brought on instead of Miller though. No idea what the sending off was for, was completely confused at the time. Didn't look like it was for the tackle, I have to assume Hamilton kicked out or something.

Swapping Sibbald for Jacobs seemed to slow us down, but I thought Sibbald played pretty well. 

Cadden was quite clearly exhausted from about an hour in, but was left on for some reason. Byrne also looks like he could use a rest.

Pitts MOTM by a mile, Gallagher would be at a bigger club if it wasn't for his past. I hope we make it through Jan with the whole of this squad intact. Halkett's clearly in demand, and I expect Hoppy will be sniffing around with his relegation dogfight going on.

And tbf, Dundee looked like they at least had some fight about them today. Won more second balls against us than anyone else I've seen this year. From what I've seen of them both, Dundee are a better team than St Mirren, and I could see them surviving a playoff.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the red card is a disgraceful decision that will be overturned on appeal. Good news is that O'Dea will probably be slumming it in League One next year when Thistle go down.

We should have had a pen for the Hardie shirt pull and unsurprisingly, the hand ball claim was never a pen. Gallagher kicks the ball which rebounds off Miller and hits his arm as he's falling back. 

Yeah, the red card is a disgraceful decision that will be overturned on appeal. Good news is that O'Dea will probably be slumming it in League One next year when Partick go down.
We should have had a pen for the Hardie shirt pull and unsurprisingly, the hand ball claim was never a pen. Gallagher kicks the ball which rebounds off Miller and hits his arm as he's falling back. 

Think our strongest penalty appeal was the one in the first half where your defender slides in and the ball hits his trailing arm. One of those that is sometimes given but not seen a replay.

My Livi 5-0 win prediction falling just short of the mark.

We weren’t very good. Dundee weren’t that bad. 

Thought we should’ve had a penalty for the Hardie shirt pull. Dundee and Livi both came within a couple of inches of scoring. Dundee getting a bit hands-on (e.g. Menga’s shirt rip) and culminating in the sending off incident which was embarrassing.

Impressed at the Dundee turnout. Wished I’d stayed at home.

A draw about right. Next.

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Think our strongest penalty appeal was the one in the first half where your defender slides in and the ball hits his trailing arm. One of those that is sometimes given but not seen a replay.

Obviously I was miles away but I saw it as Gallagher winning the ball which rebounded off your player and then back towards Gallagher. Not sure where it hit him but I doubt he had the speed of mind to deliberately handball it. If he did then he can cover for Kelly on Saturday. :lol:

Easy to see why Livi don't lose many games.  Good blend of physical with technical and everyone works their socks off.  Thought a draw was about right even if we did dominate more of the game.  Only one shot on target from Livi but always a threat from throw-ins and corners!  Other than Miller we don't look a threat at all.  Happy to still be in touch with St. Mirren and Hamilton because I feared we'd be isolated by this stage.  Huge window coming up though!

Yeah your stats to suit your silly theory, we lost on plastic to Accies and Killie away from home.

Keep taking them pills mate, they're doing you wonders.

The point he is making is that 76% of Livi's points have been at home - a bigger % than any other team in the league.

Credit to Livi for doing what we should be doing - making Dens a fortress and not losing at home.

Have a look at the highlights...theres no way that's ever given as a hand ball. Plus that sending off is a shocker of a call from madden. O'Dea hold Hamilton down preventing him getting up. If anything it's a foul to us there. 

https://youtu.be/ejqphaAyDNo

7 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Dundee had their tactics spot on for the long throws today - 3 men on Gallagher on every single one. The one throw in that it looked like we were going to have a little success was when we quickly swapped Halkett and Lithgow in the last second.

Anyway, that game was shite. Menga was a lot better today than Saturday, although he blows so hot and cold. Will shimmy past 3 players and put in a great cross one minute, and then put the ball out of play for no reason 20 seconds afterwards.

Hardie was completely anonymous, I'm surprised Hamilton was brought on instead of Miller though. No idea what the sending off was for, was completely confused at the time. Didn't look like it was for the tackle, I have to assume Hamilton kicked out or something.

Swapping Sibbald for Jacobs seemed to slow us down, but I thought Sibbald played pretty well. 

Cadden was quite clearly exhausted from about an hour in, but was left on for some reason. Byrne also looks like he could use a rest.

Pitts MOTM by a mile, Gallagher would be at a bigger club if it wasn't for his past. I hope we make it through Jan with the whole of this squad intact. Halkett's clearly in demand, and I expect Hoppy will be sniffing around with his relegation dogfight going on.

And tbf, Dundee looked like they at least had some fight about them today. Won more second balls against us than anyone else I've seen this year. From what I've seen of them both, Dundee are a better team than St Mirren, and I could see them surviving a playoff.

Scrappy game. I think keaghan must be injured. It’s been a busy month and maybe it’s caught up with him. The engine room off our team work so hard , got so much respect for Scotty Pittman and shaun byrne who play every minute of every game along with big Dec Lithgow and Halkett. One last push on Saturday 

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

emoji1.png calm down.

His arm is trailing, and it clearly denies Miller going through on goal. It’s a penalty.

That's how I would have the handball rule but it is not the rule as things stand. Not deliberate, no penalty.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wouldn't have made any difference, Kelly would've saved it.:guinness

He seemed a bit rubbish distribution wise. For a team of Livi's style I'd have expected a keeper with a massive kick that's able to start attacks.

Archived