Livi v Aberdeen

Ffs. Gutted with that.

I was past the home dugout but the opening goal looked like a shanked shot that was going wide and deflected off someone. Looked like the second was an OG.

Dont remember either keeper having a save to make.

Small margins against a team that’s finished second for a few years. Just disappointed we weren’t at our best.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great advert  but 3pts  .

Nice run from Wilson for second goal and calamity from Mckenna to gift Livvie a chance which they took.

Some work needed in Jan window in's and out's but happy where we are all things considered.

No complaints, Aberdeen deserved to win the game. 

Very similar to the game up north, it was a pretty even contest first half, we had the best chance but second half we just couldn’t get going. 

One of the first games at home that I feel we got outplayed, really missed Keaghan Jacobs, that’s the diifference though, Aberdeen can bring on a player on loan from Man Utd and we really miss one player. 

Happy with the endeavour and it’s hard to be too harsh on the boys, it’s been an unbelievable 2018 for the club, so proud of our efforts and where we are as a club now. 

I actually thought Sibbald had a very good game and was arguably our best player today, funny how people see the game differently. 

Team deserve the break now, let’s hope we don’t see many exiting in January and we line up strongly for the second half of the season and hope that 2019 is as successful as 2018, that’s survival in the premiership. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Superb from Wilson there. Hope he can keep that up in the second half of the season. What a pace the boy has on him.

Would be a travesty if that second goes down as an own goal. Clearly came off Campbell just before it creeped over the line.

Also, McKenna's been poor of late (relative to his own standards). Needs to up his game in the second half of the season.

McKenna has been shaky since Devlin's injury, and it's no coincidence that since we lost Mikey we've been shipping goals. 

My dearest wish for the New Year is to see Devlin back at the end of January.  Oh, and to take a gamble in the transfer market in the next few weeks......the fact that we're 3 points off the top of the league with the worst squad we've had a in 4 years and an injury list longer than my 2 foot cock, is really remarkable. 

COYR. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

McKenna has been shaky since Devlin's injury, and it's no coincidence that since we lost Mikey we've been shipping goals. 

My dearest wish for the New Year is to see Devlin back at the end of January.  Oh, and to take a gamble in the transfer market in the next few weeks......the fact that we're 3 points off the top of the league with the worst squad we've had a in 4 years and an injury list longer than my 2 foot cock, is really remarkable. 

COYR. 

Personally think Devlin is better purely in terms of simple defending. McKenna's still really young though, and has the raw physique and pace to be far better in the future. Together they're easily the best CB pairing in the league. Getting Devlin back, keeping McKenna, and getting in a proper long-term left back would be about the best work we could do in January. If we could slip in a replacement for Ryan Christie, that'd be lovely also.

Frustrating performance, feel like our game plan went out the window in the second half without lee miller.  We were too one dimensional and McKenna dealt with it every time. Aberdeen were the better side in the 2nd half but neither keeper really had a proper save to make. 

Hopefully manage to keep the squad together and get players like miller, keaghan and de vita back to fitness. Think we might have to look towards the Scottish cup to qualify for our European tour.

Aberdeen edged it so the score was just about right. I’m still wondering how the officials missed the handball from Dom Ball towards the end of the first half. It was the most blatantly deliberate hand ball I’ve seen all season and they missed it. As I say, no complaints about the result but those kinds of decision really wind a fella up!

Really proud of our boys. Lots being made of Aberdeen’s injury list but we have had loads this season too and have a much smaller squad - totally deserve this break and hopefully all will be present and correct once the window shuts.

Think if we’d applied the same sort of intensity as we did the in the first half we’d have been well due a point - you could see that the December schedule and the season so far caught up with the team and in the end we were left with some square pegs in round holes. Said after our defeat to St Johnstone in October that if even a couple of our players are off with we’re left with next to no chance; second half summed that up today. Cadden at LWB, Sibbald in CM, Hamilton up front and Lawson at RWB - compare that to when we beat the **** and got a good point off Celtic, with Lamie out left and Jacobs in midfield. I thought we slightly shaded the first half and Halkett’s missed chance was the turning point of the match. Speaks volumes about Aberdeen’s comparative strength in depth when they can afford to bring a boy on loan from Manchester United, and we can turn to, erm, Nicky Cadden. 

A big January coming up for us, hopefully retain our best and add to it. Hopefully the break gives Lamie and Robinson time to get fit and back at it.

Shoutout to the Aberdeen fans for the pitch invasion after the first goal - fucking tragic. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

3 points well deserved. Livingston’s one tactic of hoof the ball through middle didn’t work today.

Both teams were at the " long ball game" today , Cosgrove won his fair share. You are a good footballing side and if Stevie May could shoot straight you could have been streets ahead. Better side today won.

25 minutes ago, Afro said:

Think if we’d applied the same sort of intensity as we did the in the first half we’d have been well due a point - you could see that the December schedule and the season so far caught up with the team and in the end we were left with some square pegs in round holes. Said after our defeat to St Johnstone in October that if even a couple of our players are off with we’re left with next to no chance; second half summed that up today. Cadden at LWB, Sibbald in CM, Hamilton up front and Lawson at RWB - compare that to when we beat the **** and got a good point off Celtic, with Lamie out left and Jacobs in midfield. I thought we slightly shaded the first half and Halkett’s missed chance was the turning point of the match. Speaks volumes about Aberdeen’s comparative strength in depth when they can afford to bring a boy on loan from Manchester United, and we can turn to, erm, Nicky Cadden.

A big January coming up for us, hopefully retain our best and add to it. Hopefully the break gives Lamie and Robinson time to get fit and back at it.

Shoutout to the Aberdeen fans for the pitch invasion after the first goal - fucking tragic. 

Says nothing about the fact Wilson's been almost hopeless so far. The fact is we were without (amongst others):

Devlin
Ferguson
McGinn
Lowe
Mackay-Steven

and

Logan for most of the game

All of whom would be first choice for most teams outside Celtic. So we can safely say we're having a worse time of it than yourselves.

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Says nothing about the fact Wilson's been almost hopeless so far. The fact is we were without (amongst others):

Devlin
Ferguson
McGinn
Lowe
Mackay-Steven

and

Logan for most of the game

All of whom would be first choice for most teams outside Celtic. So we can safely say we're having a worse time of it than yourselves.

All of that and I bet half of the starting 11 are on more wages than our full game day squad are on :D 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

All of that and I bet half of the starting 11 are on more wages than our full game day squad are on :D 

James Wilson alone is, nae doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty respect for what you guys have acheived so far this season. Using injuries etc as an excuse against us doesn't fly though!

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

James Wilson alone is, nae doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty respect for what you guys have acheived so far this season. Using injuries etc as an excuse against us doesn't fly though!

I think the point he is making is our squad is that thin on the ground that when we lose 3 or 4 players it really effects us, where as Aberdeen have the numbers to cover that to an extent.

We’ve basically played half a season without a striker, Menga is no striker, De Vita, Miller, Hardie have all been out, so we’ve been relying on Menga doing a job alongside an 18 year old who recently played league 2 football. 

Jacobs missing today was the big loss though, he’s such a big part to the way we play, Aberdeen had injury problem but could still bring on someone like Wilson. 

As I said in my earlier post Aberdeen thoroughly deserved the win today though, no complaints from me. 

Fair result in my opinion.

First half was pretty even but by god it was awful.

Second half aberdeen wanted it more and won the battle in the midfield hands down.

Thought we were lacklustre at times and looked a tad jaded.

The break has came at the right time for us.

Kudos out to the aberdeen fans and our C3 ladz for a good atmoshpere today.

Onto Tynecastle and the scottish cup after the break.

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sibbald is horrific, terrible again today. Yet to see what Falkirk fans hyped him up so much for...

I honestly think I watch a different game every week, I thought Sibbald was one of our better players today, tried to get the ball moving forward, got stuck in when he could. 

“Terrible” I think is extremely harsh. 

Aberdeen slightly the better team so probably a deserved win but there were extended very poor periods of the game from a Dons perspective. Wilson looked good when he came on, and seemed to be a catalyst for the players to start actually playing football, and they looked the better for it. Livi's goal was an absolute gift but Livingston didn't really look likely to get an equaliser. Anderson and Logan getting injuries to add to the ever increasing list isn't good, thought Anderson really struggled with the pitch, he fell over at least five times under little or no pressure. Ultimately a good 3 points in a place that has become a bit of a fortress for Livingston. Only the second time I've been to Livingston, quite liked the ground if not the pitch.

12 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I honestly think I watch a different game every week, I thought Sibbald was one of our better players today, tried to get the ball moving forward, got stuck in when he could. 

“Terrible” I think is extremely harsh. 

I don’t think he has the same heart or commitment to the team the other players do. Always half arsing it and walking around. Saw it at Dundee too. Needs to fight more if he wants to stay IMO. 

Talented player no doubt but hasn’t shown it here at all 

Archived