Livi v Aberdeen

Good win today.

Not the prettiest game in any shape or form. We had spells of looking decent and also very Ropey.

McLennan continues to look like he has real potential.

Wilson was fantastic when he came on, if we could somehow get that player regularly then that is a proper striker. I doubt we will though.

December was always going to be crucial and 18 points from 24 is great work. We’ve put ourself right in the mix despite a very average squad, some good work in January could make the second half of the season very interesting. Also let’s hope plenty recover over the winter break from injury.

Also cheers to the livi posters that suggested the saltire pre match, decent enough boozer and showing the football was ideal.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I honestly think I watch a different game every week, I thought Sibbald was one of our better players today, tried to get the ball moving forward, got stuck in when he could. 

“Terrible” I think is extremely harsh. 

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don’t think he has the same heart or commitment to the team the other players do. Always half arsing it and walking around. Saw it at Dundee too. Needs to fight more if he wants to stay IMO. 

Talented player no doubt but hasn’t shown it here at all 

Sibbald is usually terrible. He usually has no desire to close players down or track back. Dundee game was great example of that. Today however he was my man of the match. He got stuck in, broke up play, got us forward and had a few shots himself. We still missed jacobs but Sibbald done well. Cadden on the other hand....

4 minutes ago, A Livi Fan said:

Sibbald is usually terrible. He usually has no desire to close players down or track back. Dundee game was great example of that. Today however he was my man of the match. He got stuck in, broke up play, got us forward and had a few shots himself. We still missed jacobs but Sibbald done well. Cadden on the other hand....

Think Cadden has been brilliant since he came back into the team tbh. Came back a different player and looks lethal going forward. Don’t see how anyone can criticise him. 

I think andylivi watched a different game from all of us, I've been bursting to see Sibbs back in the team after seeing him in the Betfred cup games before he got injured but he was terrible today, lots of slack passes giving the ball away and wrong decisions when he didn't, his shooting was woeful too. On this showing I wouldn't be bothered if he never got another game, needs to do much better. 

Think we could've went in 1-0 with us shading the first half but Aberdeen had the better of the second half and we left ourselves wide open for the counter attack on their 2nd goal, we know they have the beating of us down the wing for pace so why the f**k we left it open for them to do us there I don't know, might've nicked a draw but for that. As has been mentioned though, we looked short of anyone coming on to change the game for us from the bench and Aberdeen brought on Wilson who was involved in both of their goals. Thank feck the winter break is here to give us a chance of getting everyone back fit and maybe add a player of\r two to vital areas we've struggled to cover injuries.

Great first half of the season for us though, almost secured enough points to keep us up already, and still in with a chance of a top 6 spot.

Don’t think there was much in the game at all today. First half I thought we edged it byrne was excellent in the middle of the park. Pittman could have squared it after byrne sent him through. Halkett was unlucky with his header first half. Second half I don’t think kelly made a save but found ourselves 2-0 down. Aberdeen very streetwise team and know how to win games. Hope it’s not some of our players last games for Livingston 

Thought it was a poor game until Wilson came and with bit of quality from him 3 pts in the bag  . The break has come at a good time for us with all the injuries hopefully they’ll be cleared up by the time Hamilton game comes 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I don’t think he has the same heart or commitment to the team the other players do. Always half arsing it and walking around. Saw it at Dundee too. Needs to fight more if he wants to stay IMO. 

Talented player no doubt but hasn’t shown it here at all 

Have to agree - I've yet to see anything to indicate he's a Premiership player - some talent but a huge gap compared to Jacobs; just too inconsistent.

Hurts me to admit it but it was probably a fair result at the end of the day although if we'd put the same level of drive in for the full ninety minutes that we had in the last fifteen then maybe it would have been a more entertaining match. Cant say there was a lot of skill on show today; both teams probably struggled at the end of a very busy month but it did seem that, for seventy five minutes, Aberdeen wanted it more.

Wasn't sure that three at the back was the right strategy against Aberdeen; Lawless struggles in a defensive role but is obviously better attacking wise compared to McMillan.

Excellent turn-out by the Aberdeen support by the way; hopefully all had a safe journey up the road.

Absolutely not having a go but I’m confused by Holt’s post-match comments, “Aberdeen were clinical when they got their chances, but the players have been phenomenal and have enjoyed their time playing at this level."

To me the first goal looked a bit fortunate: a shot that was going well wide that went towards an Aberdeen player who I’m not sure knew much about it.

Second goal was an OG. Perhaps clinical by Lawson - if only he was at Easter Road last week! Unless Holt means the execution of the counter-attack.

Really, I’m just greeting because we weren’t at our best today...

B17A30FD-BE8D-4B48-BF18-E0CBE7834489.jpeg

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

Fantastic travelling support from Aberdeen. As a diddy club it makes such a difference to our finances. Thanks to all who made the journey down.

Aye, great effort to make that 2.5 hour journey after a busy month of fixtures and incl. Christmas.

10 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Fantastic travelling support from Aberdeen. As a diddy club it makes such a difference to our finances. Thanks to all who made the journey down.

It also makes a difference that we didn't need to pay for 200 of Lothian's finest to keep order - just as well seeing as how they were probably busy enough at Easter Road.

A really great 3 points today to round off a more than decent December. 9 games, 6 wins, 3 defeats. Unfortunate that two of the defeats were against a team so poor, that they lost to Rangers. Onwards to January and surely, surely we can’t have the same injury and suspension troubles that we have experienced in the past 5 months. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Just shy of 3800 Dandies there today. 

A pretty amazing turnout for an away game between Christmas and New Year, and given that was our 8th game in a month.

Archived