Can you decipher this handwriting?

Lofarl

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:38, Hedgecutter said:

Also could you ask manager Sean Millison if he could sign as well. Thanks I'm sending SAE for return.

I frequently need to decipher this sort of stuff through work, written by pre-typewriter ****s that have almost certainly kicked the bucket by now (and have therefore avoided a beating).  Lucky dip example below:

scan.JPG.a3ff5877a8a7663e1faf321b29921ce5.JPG

Eta: seems I was beaten to the first bit, dang.

Medium grained sandstone, partly laminated with small scale false embedding (1" - 3"), compact, with grayish laminae, calcareous.

Limonite concretions up to 1" long.

A few small pebbles in places and I dried it in old silt grader.

"Resurging string" structure in limonite.

Specimen at 118'6" 3" core.

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sorry, quite a bit there I couldn't get.

We need to call in @Hedgecutter

Dear Colin McPhillips,

Many thanks for your letter and for returning the cutting which you signed for me and also asking Sean Milligan if he would sign it for me. 

Once again you can be assured the cutting will be well kept within my collection. Also thanks for pointing on the cutting where you are both standing.  I have enjoyed my hobby and my grandson who is 28 promised me would look after them in the future.

On reading your story in the paper some people stopped me and asked me if I had read your story and said to me it must be a joy.  It brings joy to others in everyday working.

I to [sic] found working as a postman (walking) was a satisfying job especially at Christmas times.

Often like what you said working as a postal worker gives a [sic] impact within the local community and they often ask us what we think and if by giving them the answer brings joy to them.

One thing the little boy will never forget is what you did for him and during his life time will tell many in what you did and will often give thanks for your kindness.

Once again many thanks for returning the cutting and wishing you all within the office a happy new year.

Best wishes Tom Haseldine.

Also pass thanks to Sean Milligan.

On 12/31/2018 at 16:38, Hedgecutter said:

Also could you ask manager Sean Millison if he could sign as well. Thanks I'm sending SAE for return.

I frequently need to decipher this sort of stuff through work, written by pre-typewriter ****s that have almost certainly kicked the bucket by now (and have therefore avoided a beating).  Lucky dip example below:

scan.JPG.a3ff5877a8a7663e1faf321b29921ce5.JPG

Eta: seems I was beaten to the first bit, dang.

Medium grained sandstone , partly laminated with small scale false bedding. Compost with ginger lemonade.

I agree I am a absolute gent.  Thanks for that you puddle slurping jambo b*****d.

If I could be arsed I’d find the original story then send badly written letters to your workplace with some half arsed story and get you to waste time replying. Best Regards, Tom NJ2 Hasseldine.
(I wish I’d thought of this before now!)

Archived