Ayr united v ICT (take 2)

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

McCall has to take some stick for the team selection. Just because Moore scored from 2 yards out, doesn't mean that he should be ahead of shankland.

Shankland clearly isn't fit yet. Even when he came on he didn't look as sharp as he's been in the past. Still got a goal and an assist though.

The decision to bring Higgins on baffled me but he played well and ICT did very little in the second half. The decision to bring Muirhead on was clearly for a bit of experience in the midfield and an aerial threat from set pieces. Nothing wrong there imo.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start and thought they were gonna be as good as Friday should have been ahead , lost two terrible goals then a third should have got one back when rose hit the post to give us a chance.

Secondhalf they  put everything in to it and didn’t get the breaks at times nearly got the draw at the death.

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

That first 15 minutes was shambolic. Rose and Bell Lost every hoof up, what the f**k was Harvie doing on the line for the 2nd too? 

Thought Murdoch had a poor game, but this is what happens when you don't bring in players. Docherty and Crawford we're equally poor. 

In the 2nd Half we did pick it up, but it only begs the question "where was that in the 1st half?"

I thought Murdoch and Doc played well. Doc especially so but was sacrificed to allow Murdoch to play central. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can't believe we've not taken a point at the very least from that. Started the game well enough and then our defence deciding to f**k off for 20 minutes screwed us. 

Still felt if we got a goal we'd get back in it and we did after McDaids but the second one just came too late. 

I'd need to see them again but their was a huge reaction to the two penalty shouts and at least one of them looked dead on. However the ref was pretty shit for both teams today but some laughable calls at times.

Muirhead at least looked half decent when he came on and I'd start him over Bell against Alloa. 

The defender caught the ball with his arms, how the f**k not one official can see that and I can see it from 60 yards, didn't even have my specs on, the linesman on the North Terrace played no part in the game tonight, he also missed the red that was no more than 10 yards from him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Shankland clearly isn't fit yet. Even when he came on he didn't look as sharp as he's been in the past. Still got a goal and an assist though.

The decision to bring Higgins on baffled me but he played well and ICT did very little in the second half. The decision to bring Muirhead on was clearly for a bit of experience in the midfield and an aerial threat from set pieces. Nothing wrong there imo.

Shankland's took his assist very well, cool and composed to pass it to Mcdaid

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Murdoch is clearly not a winger, i thought Doc gave the ball away too often in the first half

He's played there before and was one of the stand outs there against Dundee United.

He's also not being deployed as an out and out winger. He's effectively doing what Geggan was and giving us an extra body in midfield and also protecting Smith behind him.  

Still deserved a draw out of that game which says a lot about how much Inverness brought to the game. Pretty confident we would have won it if it hadn't been for that suicidal first 18 minutes.

Answers on a postcard please as to how the f**k we apocalypticly cocked up that first 18 minutes.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Crawford  lucky he wasn't sent off  for that take down, he could do with a stint on the bench.

Shankland has to start Saturday.

Pitch was terrible, don't know how it can be in that state.

Wait until you look at Alloa's pitch

The only thing ICT brought to the game was more goals than Ayr. Which is what counts. 

I do love the we would have got a result out of this game if it only lasted 70 minutes excuse.

Staggering how often it is used considering that it’s a total crock of shite.

Thought we started the game really well and then 15 minutes of clown shoes defending.  Unreal.  Looked like Docherty took a heavy knock just on half time as well which probably explains him being subbed at half time.  

I’ve been a critic of Moore but to say he shouldn’t have played from the start is wrong, there’s no way you could have changed that team from Friday, and unless I’m mistaken he wasn’t doing the defending tonight.

There’s no argument Shankland if ok after tonight will start from now on as he clearly leads the line better than Moore who’ll be back to the bench on Saturday and coming on for the Moff when required

Sitting beside the Alloa scouts at the game tonight doing there report they are no happy Sir Lawrence is back.

Archived