Ayr united v ICT (take 2)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Wait until you look at Alloa's pitch

One of my mates had found out that a game supposed to be on Alloa's pitch tonight was cancelled because it was a sheet of ice, think Alloa game could be in doubt.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

One of my mates had found out that a game supposed to be on Alloa's pitch tonight was cancelled because it was a sheet of ice, think Alloa game could be in doubt.

That would be good! 

3 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fru9tKXBG_0

Cracking interview from John Robertson, you'd almost think he was pitching himself as McCall's successor!

I always think Robbo comes across as a cracking guy. 

Gary Naysmith is another one who I really enjoy listening to despite the accent. 

ED930A6A-DF12-4A80-AF3A-A9F764BB9F71.jpeg

Lost three joke goals in first 20 minutes. That "Bambi on ice" comment earlier applied perfectly to the Ayr defence, who, tbf,  have been decent this season. I expected someone to fall over every time the ball went near them. Made the keystone cops look like a well organised unit. Big Bell has been great for us last season and this, but has had too many bombscare moments recently.

Going forward we always looked dangerous, even during that first 20. Played them off the park for the first 5 minutes!. Thought we deserved at least a point in the end. 

Game wise - i'm disappointed not to win that tonight but on the other hand can't grudge Caley the points - was one of those games.  We actually started quite well but then somehow their striker sticks a 1 on 1 into the McDonalds car park then Austin scores two one on ones (both of which I thought he had made an arse of at first) and then what looked like a cracking strike makes it 3.   We have a couple cleared off the line and a header off the inside of the post. Nice early goal and a stonewaller not given - then plenty pressure.    From where I stood Muirheads last second miss looked like a shocker but both managers have praised the defender for getting a flick on it. 

Thought for a wee brief spell that we going to see redemption for the "3-0 up and lost 4-3 with all goals in at the home end" memory of the 2000\01 or so trip to Inverness but sadly not to be!

Going by the highlights it looks like we were pretty unlucky not to get at least a draw out of that.
First goal’s a bit unfortunate in that it was a good tackle and the ball’s fallen kindly for the striker. No idea how Harvie hasn’t kept the second out after getting back onto the line!

First goal - Crawford toes the ball away from Docherty, who was comfortably going to deal with it, and as a result they are both taken out the game.

Second goal - As bad as Harvie's goal-line attempt to clear the ball was, Steven Bell trying to play some pass across his own backline is unforgivable.

Third goal - Love Michael Rose, but I have no idea what that was.

We deserved a point from the game in terms of our second half performace, but I cannot understand why the players were so lacklustre in the first 20 minutes of what was a huge game and opportunity. 

Archived