The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Salim for Gabby surely no. First two tackles Salim had he went down far to easy . Gabby all though not a prolific scorer puts in a good shift. 

Come on now, it's a tad cruel to criticise considering his lengthy absence. Unless injuries dictate, Sal will be on the bench for around 6 weeks until he regains his fitness then we'll see what he brings.

On 12/07/2022 at 00:11, Bainsfordbairn said:

Wow. I didn't know he'd left us, but then the kids are on a summer break at the moment and I don't see them every week anyway. 

He was one of our U16 players who became U18s at the start of the season, which I think was around January / February. He's still a wee boy just now - small, slight  of frame and can get pushed off the ball - but in my (inexpert) eye he has a fair bit of potential. He's composed in possession,  can pick a pass and can finish. 

He's not first team material at the moment due to his young age but he could well get there in a couple of years. I'm a bit gutted we've lost him tbh. 

Kyan Gunn (4) .jpg

Scored last night v Premier League St Mirren! 

Missed the game (and the ties!) due to being on holiday but what a result. 

Club 1924 ties, Euan Deveney being sweet chin musiced and playing on, Justin Devenny  being a goal machine in midfield, Salim coming on, Kyan fucking Gunn and beating a bunch of Motherwell b*****ds once again. Absolute scenes all round. 

34 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Assuming you are a contributor to the Club 24 I would have thought you'd got the initial email? 

Been a member of club 1924 since it first started. Never got any email, never even got an email about the tie either once hearing about that. Really disappointed.

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Salim for Gabby surely no. First two tackles Salim had he went down far to easy . Gabby all though not a prolific scorer puts in a good shift. 

He went down on purpose to win a foul as we were 1 nil up and time wasting...surely you get that ?

17 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Been a member of club 1924 since it first started. Never got any email, never even got an email about the tie either once hearing about that. Really disappointed.

Do you normally get emails from The club? Might be work checking your junk mail or make sure you haven’t unsubscribed somewhere along the way. I don’t usually get club 24 emails but did about this event. That’s where they handed the ties etc out. 

43 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Do you normally get emails from The club? Might be work checking your junk mail or make sure you haven’t unsubscribed somewhere along the way. I don’t usually get club 24 emails but did about this event. That’s where they handed the ties etc out. 

I’m not sure what’s happened, I checked my junk mail. I checked with the club and I’m definitely still in the email list. Think it was just one of those things, as gutting as it was to miss it. 

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Come on now, it's a tad cruel to criticise considering his lengthy absence. Unless injuries dictate, Sal will be on the bench for around 6 weeks until he regains his fitness then we'll see what he brings.

Aye, that's what I think, it will take a few games for Salim to get match fit, then he will use his strength to our advantage, 

6 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Watching the highlights back and hadn't realised just how involved McGill was in basically all our attacks. Everyone played great but I'd say him, Watson and Frizzell in particular were outstanding.

I was the same I came away thinking Mcgill did OK,  but after watching the highlights he was great. Its amazing how much you watch a game and focus on the wee mistakes or crap touches. Think I saw somewhere he's on 3 assists for the tournament , fair play to the laddie. 

6 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

I can understand that and I have found Yvonne Jamieson really helpful. Maybe contact her at club to see if their database is up to date. 

22 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can understand that and I have found Yvonne Jamieson really helpful. Maybe contact her at club to see if their database is up to date. 

Couldn't make it myself was it a purvey with speakers etc, 6 pm seemed a tad early to only get some prawn sandwiches and a kerafe of red wine.

The ties and the chiffon scarf were they worth the wait....I

And more importantly I thought Airdrie passed St Mirre n off the park at times,  well worth the win,  special mention to Cole and Gunn came on and never looked overawed,   but surely these lads have to be protected and learn the game playing there level,   

34 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yeah I did, and she was brilliant as always! She’s going to email me personally next time there’s a club 1924 thing to make sure I don’t miss out again! 

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Couldn't make it myself was it a purvey with speakers etc, 6 pm seemed a tad early to only get some prawn sandwiches and a kerafe of red wine.

The ties and the chiffon scarf were they worth the wait....I

And more importantly I thought Airdrie passed St Mirre n off the park at times,  well worth the win,  special mention to Cole and Gunn came on and never looked overawed,   but surely these lads have to be protected and learn the game playing there level,   

Yes it was a good purvey and I did have a nice wee red. It was Willie McGuire answering the questions, much of it familiar.Never saw the chiffon but it's a smart tie. You're right on the young guys .

With a few clubs having breaching rules by playing suspended players, I've just realised that Ballantyne has been booked in our last two games and is possibly suspended for Saturday. Ideally we'll see the pen but more likely to be a reshuffle at the back and Cole Gibson coming back in.

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

With a few clubs having breaching rules by playing suspended players, I've just realised that Ballantyne has been booked in our last two games and is possibly suspended for Saturday. Ideally we'll see the pen but more likely to be a reshuffle at the back and Cole Gibson coming back in.

If Ballantyne’s suspended and no signings are made I suppose Gibson playing is quite likely, with Watson playing right back and McCabe joining Fordyce at centre back in a back 4, but it could possibly be Salim coming in if he’s fit to start and a shift to 442 with Smith and McGill out wide. Ideally a centre back or midfielder can be signed to avoid changing too much, but probably not too likely to happen before Saturday. Nine days until the league games start so the pen will surely be out before then.