The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

46 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Tell ye what not many of yous miss much eh 🤣

Ack it was ‘elementary’ once I remembered he used to play for Livingston 😉 

Assuming it’s true, that’s a good bit of business. He’s a keeper I’ve always liked, he knows the management team and, unlike Hutton or a random youth keeper, he’s actually been playing all season. Murray Johnson would have been great but Jamieson is probably about as good as you can get in terms of signing an emergency loan keeper. Obviously reserve the right to change all of this if he chucks them in tomorrow. 

O’Connor and Aiken seem like good pick-ups too from what I’ve heard and read of them. Nice to see other clubs recognise Airdrie as a good place to develop young footballers. Signing Garry O’Connor’s son (along with Tony Watt’s nephew) is frightening though. Shouldn’t be allowed IMO. 

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Very promising signings from reading a lot of the comments and it's good to see us start recruiting for next season already. Does this mean that our management team will definitely be here next year? 

I'm expecting the pen to announce Robbie Hamilton, Ben Wilson, Brogan Walls, Liam McStravick and big Todorov. Is it possible that Airdrie will sign every player on Consilium Sports Group 🤔?

Chris Donnell so Big Byrd has an Aussie pal IMO

8 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It depends who is available though, the only players available will almost certainly be untested youth goalies from Premier League clubs. Is that a better option than Hutton in such a pressure game? I definitely agree regarding our sub goalie, but not sure I'd be bringing someone into to start unless we already knew a lot about him.

Doesn't have to be a player from a premier league club though. Essentially any player whose season has finished could be brought in provided his and our club get the paperwork sorted by the SFA before kick off tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Doesn't have to be a player from a premier league club though. Essentially any player whose season has finished could be brought in provided his and our club get the paperwork sorted by the SFA before kick off tomorrow.

It’s possible the club found it difficult to pull in an emergency loan but I’m surprised we haven’t got a keeper signed up by now.  Hoping the ‘pen’ surfaces tomorrow morning cause it will make me feel a little bit better about this game.  I’m sure Hutts would be fine but preferring someone who isn’t rusty and fully match fit although Rhys did say on the podcast that he keeps very fit and sets a good standard

2 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

It’s possible the club found it difficult to pull in an emergency loan but I’m surprised we haven’t got a keeper signed up by now.  Hoping the ‘pen’ surfaces tomorrow morning cause it will make me feel a little bit better about this game.  I’m sure Hutts would be fine but preferring someone who isn’t rusty and fully match fit although Rhys did say on the podcast that he keeps very fit and sets a good standard

Don't think there will be any announcement until the teamsheets come out leaving us all going WTF?

Ive posted before don't want to be a pain but a Diamond living overseas.  Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow, does anyone know if that link the guy posted for the first leg will work again, or is there another option.  Can I purchase via DTV or Falkirk TV, I just want to watch it live.

19 minutes ago, Airdrie101 said:

Ive posted before don't want to be a pain but a Diamond living overseas.  Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow, does anyone know if that link the guy posted for the first leg will work again, or is there another option.  Can I purchase via DTV or Falkirk TV, I just want to watch it live.

It says here that Falkirk TV are streaming it live:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/05/11/matchday-guide-falkirk-v-airdrieonians-2/

However, I don't see a direct link to the stream. It's worth keeping an eye on the Falkirk TV page in the run up to kick off tomorrow. Here's the link:

https://www.falkirkfc.tv/

43 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

And provided player in question hasnt already played for 2 clubs this season.

1 minute ago, *marko* said:

It says here that Falkirk TV are streaming it live:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/05/11/matchday-guide-falkirk-v-airdrieonians-2/

However, I don't see a direct link to the stream. It's worth keeping an eye on the Falkirk TV page in the run up to kick off tomorrow. Here's the link:

https://www.falkirkfc.tv/

Thanks mate 

We are absolutely trying to bring in another keeper. Would be surprised if its not already done and dusted pending on paper work or something. 

Maybe it will just be a surprise reveal at the game tomorrow just to keep us guessing. 

2 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

You don't need a VPN in that case as it's available only to prior overseas. A VPN would be required to watch in the UK to spoof an overseas IP address.

so do i just order it on the falkirk site?

3 hours ago, Airdrie101 said:

so do i just order it on the falkirk site?

Correct.  If ordering from the USA, it automatically knows you are overseas and lets you view it.   Some viewers in UK use a vpn to make it seem they are outside the Uk so they can watch the game.  Falkirk tv tomorrow is only for ‘foreign’ viewers 

3 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Correct.  If ordering from the USA, it automatically knows you are overseas and lets you view it.   Some viewers in UK use a vpn to make it seem they are outside the Uk so they can watch the game.  Falkirk tv tomorrow is only for ‘foreign’ viewers 

Thank you, come on the Diamonds!!!!!

21 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

the very same one.  At least no decent goalkeeper in the world has ever conceded 6, must be rotten.

Just for context........

Darren Jamieson is a Goalkeeper who has appeared in 35 matches this season in League One, playing a total of 3104 minutes. Darren Jamieson concedes an average of 1.3 goals for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch. Their Clean Sheets ratio is currently at 28%. That means Darren Jamieson has kept a Clean Sheet in 10 matches out of the 35 that the player has played in.

Joshua Rae is a Goalkeeper who has appeared in 16 matches this season in League One, playing a total of 1432 minutes. Joshua Rae concedes an average of 1.13 goals for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch. Their Clean Sheets ratio is currently at 38%. That means Joshua Rae has kept a Clean Sheet in 6 matches out of the 16 that the player has played in

Jamiesons an average League 1 keeper who's played a lot this year, if its for a one off game, I think we could do a lot worse.

Is Jamieson confirmed yet?