Forgotten Players

NorthernLights

Islam Feruz hs just wasted his career. Wasn't there a guy Michael Johnson at Man City that was supposed to be the next big thing?

Feruz has racked up a masive 20 first team appearances on loan at 5 different clubs since 2014. He got loaned out to Krylia Sovetov Samara in 2014 then left two days later.

He won a young scot award back in 2010 at least.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Smith, left-back, started out at Hibernian 2011, before being loaned to Brechin City, East Fife & then us (Dumbarton). Looked a decent enough signing on loan, playing about 20 games for us. He agreed to join The Sons permanently from Hibernian in 2013, only made 6 appearances though & moved onto East Fife again.

Represented Scotland at Under 16, Under 17 & Under 19 level.

Disappeared from fitba circa 2015

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

He ended up big in some way at least

Image result for man city michael johnson

"In an interview with the Manchester Evening News following his release from Manchester City, he revealed that he that had been under treatment for several years by The Priory Clinic for mental health problems. Johnson added that he "would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life."[13] "

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

He ended up big in some way at least

Image result for man city michael johnson

It's actually a bit of a sad story.  He was considered the next big thing but atrocious luck with injuries really affected his mental health and he ended up completely abandoning football

I'll throw out a few names

Joel Campbell, was expected to be a huge prospect when he went to Arsenal but a combination of work permit issues and a million loan moves saw his career derailed.  Now playing in Mexico on loan from Frosinone

Lucas Piazon - Highly touted as a teenager he ended up as part of Uncle Roman's player leasing service (also known as Chelsea FC).  Bounced around on loan for year after year, currently still on Chelsea's books, on loan to Chievo Verona

Lazar Markovic - a Big money move to Liverpool never worked out, spent most of his time either in the reserves or on loan, now at Fulham

David N'Gog - Another former top prospect, never impressed at Liverpool, currently playing in Hungary

Kerlon.

Famous for his "seal dribble", where I think every decent fan wanted him kicked in the face, He went from Brazil to Inter and was never really heard of ever again.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Kerlon.

Famous for his "seal dribble", where I think every decent fan wanted him kicked in the face, He went from Brazil to Inter and was never really heard of ever again.

Didn't someone elbow him in the face while he was doing that stupid seal thing?  If I was on the disciplinary panel I would have given the elbower a medal

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Didn't someone elbow him in the face while he was doing that stupid seal thing?  If I was on the disciplinary panel I would have given the elbower a medal

him getting smashed rings a bell.

Kerlon.   Famous for his "seal dribble", where I think every decent fan wanted him kicked in the face, He went from Brazil to Inter and was never really heard of ever again.

Since leaving Inter in 2012 he's spent time in the 3rd tier of Japan, lower leagues of the US, China, Malta & Slovakia. He never played a game for Inter & his time was spent out on loan in Italy or Brazil plus a 0 appearance spell on loan with Ajax.

Anthony Le Tallec

Signed by Gerard Houllier in 2001 for Liverpool from Le Havre on the back of performances for France at youth level. Played 16 times for Liverpool spending most of his on loan in France & a season with Sunderland. Left in 2008 & has spent time in the top two tiers of France plus recent spells in Greece & Romania. Now with US Orleans in Ligue 2 who he joined last year.

The same deal also involved his cousin Florent Sinama Pongolle who has somewhat more of a noteable career. Turned out 38 times for the scousers before leaving in 2006. Has had spells in Spain noteably 40 games for Atletico, France, Russia, Portugal, USA, Scotland with Dundee United, Switzerland & Thailand.

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Most notable contribution to football was having an unusual name, highly touted when he arrived at Man United with Fergie claiming he could be a successor to Roy Keane, his career ended up taking him to places like Qatar, Belgrade, Paisley, India, Indonesia, and finally the French lower leagues

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Gai Assulin

FM wonderkid. Brilliantly thought of at Barca.

Signed for Man City.

Vanished. Must only be about 29 now tae.

A Wikipedia search shows he's unemployed having last played in Kazakhstan

Leandro Damião seemed to be linked with Tottenham in every window for about four years. Quick Google shows that he's recently signed for Kawasaki Frontale.

His story has been pretty well documented, but I always thought David Bentley was a tremendous player when he was at Blackburn. 

Archived