Forgotten Players

NorthernLights

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freddie Adu since leaving Benifica in 2011 where he spent most of his time on loan in France, Turkey & Portugal has spent time in Brazil, Serbia, Finland & his native homeland. Last seen with Las Vegas Lights in the 2nd tier USL. Also got sponsored by a hoover company once.

Callum Davenport -

Represented Coventry, Spurs, Sunderland and West Ham among others during his career. In August 2009, whilst contracted to West Ham, Davenport and his Mother were both stabbed by the boyfirend of Davenport's sister. He was stabbed in the leg and lost 50% of the blood from his body, but survived the incident.

Davenport eventually resumed training with West Ham, however he was suspended by the club after being charged with an assault on his sister. The charges against him were eventually dropped. His contract with West Ham was terminated in March 2010 by mutual consent.

He then dropped right down to the United Counties League to regain his fitness,  joining Wooton Blue Cross. However he never made it back to the professional game. His last club were Elstow Abbey FC until 2015, however his career ended after he was arrested by Bedfordshire Police on suspicion of assaulting a team-mate in the dressing room following a match, after which he was expelled from the club.

Image result for calum davenport

15 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Callum Davenport -

Represented Coventry, Spurs, Sunderland and West Ham among others during his career. In August 2009, whilst contracted to West Ham, Davenport and his Mother were both stabbed by the boyfirend of Davenport's sister. He was stabbed in the leg and lost 50% of the blood from his body, but survived the incident.

Davenport eventually resumed training with West Ham, however he was suspended by the club after being charged with an assault on his sister. The charges against him were eventually dropped. His contract with West Ham was terminated in March 2010 by mutual consent.

He then dropped right down to the United Counties League to regain his fitness,  joining Wooton Blue Cross. However he never made it back to the professional game. His last club were Elstow Abbey FC until 2015, however his career ended after he was arrested by Bedfordshire Police on suspicion of assaulting a team-mate in the dressing room following a match, after which he was expelled from the club.

Image result for calum davenport

You would think with having 2 left hands he could have retrained as a goalie. 

11 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

After reading about QPR reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1997 I was reminded of Adel Taarabt for some reason. 

I discovered he has been at Benfica since 2015 and to blunt has little to show for his time there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adel_Taarabt#Benfica

I used to sign him in the old FIFA games just because he had five stars for skill moves.

How about John Bostock? He was a future England international at one point. I think he plays in the Dutch second tier now.
EDIT: he no longer plays in the Dutch second tier and is playing in Ligue 1 now for Toulouse. 
Don't think he played in the Netherlands. Since leaving Spurs in 2013 he's played for Royal Antwerp (Belgium), OH Leuven (Belgium), Bursapor (Turkey) & RC Lens (France) beforing joining Toulouse last year.

40 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

How about John Bostock? He was a future England international at one point. I think he plays in the Dutch second tier now.

EDIT: he no longer plays in the Dutch second tier and is playing in Ligue 1 now for Toulouse. 

Lens before Toulouse I think. Blackburn were actually interested in signing him the summer before last.

I'll throw in Jack Collison. I mind him being quite a talent at West Ham and only remembered about his existance after him playing for Wales in the star 6s. After a quick wiki check he spent some time in the lower leagues before retiring early through injury. West Ham u16s manager now

23 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Don't think he played in the Netherlands. Since leaving Spurs in 2013 he's played for Royal Antwerp (Belgium), OH Leuven (Belgium), Bursapor (Turkey) & RC Lens (France) beforing joining Toulouse last year.

I stand corrected. Too much coffee this morning. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Callum McManaman for me.

He burst onto the scene at Wigan when they were in the middle of their Barclays tenure, looked to be the next big English talent, won the FA Cup then got relegated and has spent the last 6 years at several Championship clubs, now back at Wigan I believe.  Never quite happened for him.

56 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Garry Kenneth - former Dundee United defender who was capped twice by Craig Levein. Last I heard he was playing amateur now.

I can mind Chelsea sniffing scouting him at one point ffs.Scott Mckenna take note.

Eta- just realised article said same thing. 

Archived