Livingston v Dundee

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Games like that hurt the most, would love to see the big 2 decisions again but it really feels like the ref cost us just now. And I’ll blame the ref but it was probably our own fault, thought we dropped too deep and sat too defensive as a 10, the back 2 of Dundee was there to be questioned when we attacked. Absolute peach to win it.

5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Dundee to win (draw no bet 23/10).  No chance of you losing your stake.

As a great philosopher once said.....we really shouldn’t be getting beat by this mob.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Woods with another Hately special.  Get him off set pieces!

Right.  It comes in threes so here’s the Lotto numbers for tonight:

3, 28, 31, 39, 41, 47.

On 2/11/2019 at 16:24, RossBFaeDundee said:

a win for us, 1-2 with Nelson scoring a double from nothing.

Ach, close enough.

Good performance by Livi today, considering playing most of the game a man down. Still convinced you guys are safe, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Had we taken our chances as per usual, it could've been a comfortable win, but that would never happen. Regardless, out of the relegation spots and we have a team we can have some belief in. Bring on the Hibees!

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
28 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:
Still think the point against Kili is a big step then the win today.  In our hands now for the first time.

Beating Hearts away kick started our season IMHO.

When the Hammies got their win over St J when we had the Kili draw there was a lot of gloom but I still think it will prove an important point.

Thought at the time that Robinson’s two misses right at the start of the second half would come back to bite us, and sadly they did. That’s the best I’ve seen us play since the 5-0 hammering of Hearts, which considering 75 minutes of it was with 10 wasn’t half bad. We just seem to have lost a bit of our defensive solidity which the early season form was built on, I know we’re 13 points ahead of Dundee and Accies but it’s naive to say we’re safe at this point.

Some strike from Wright, if he didn’t have the frame of a fairy he’d be a very solid player for this level.

Would be keen to see both incidents again, there was one point in the first half where Beaton was actually on the pitch at a Dundee free kick down by the technical areas. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before, but I’m not surprised he’s doing it.

12 minutes ago, Afro said:

Thought at the time that Robinson’s two misses right at the start of the second half would come back to bite us, and sadly they did. That’s the best I’ve seen us play since the 5-0 hammering of Hearts, which considering 75 minutes of it was with 10 wasn’t half bad. We just seem to have lost a bit of our defensive solidity which the early season form was built on, I know we’re 13 points ahead of Dundee and Accies but it’s naive to say we’re safe at this point.

Some strike from Wright, if he didn’t have the frame of a fairy he’d be a very solid player for this level.

Would be keen to see both incidents again, there was one point in the first half where Beaton was actually on the pitch at a Dundee free kick down by the technical areas. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before, but I’m not surprised he’s doing it.

Agree that we should have extended our lead with Robinson’s sitter. No composure. I actually thought the Dundee ‘keeper was the busier of the two aswell.  So while I could blame the ref for the sending off and penalty claim we were in a winning position and we fluffed our lines. Can’t fault the effort though.

Great free-kick to win it. 

Forget the red card, the penalty decision is the big call, I believe Jim McIntyre has said he thought it was a penalty as well ? 

We get it and score we go 2-1 up with 10 minutes to play, I don’t see us losing from that position. 

All ifs and buts of course, we may have missed. 

Thats the breaks we are getting just now though, frustrating but have to take our medicine and move on. 

Keep playing the way we did today the results will start coming again. 

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Forget the red card, the penalty decision is the big call, I believe Jim McIntyre has said he thought it was a penalty as well ? 

We get it and score we go 2-1 up with 10 minutes to play, I don’t see us losing from that position. 

All ifs and buts of course, we may have missed. 

Thats the breaks we are getting just now though, frustrating but have to take our medicine and move on. 

Keep playing the way we did today the results will start coming again. 

Livingston are safe. We deserved a rub of the green at some point this season.

43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ach, close enough.

Good performance by Livi today, considering playing most of the game a man down. Still convinced you guys are safe, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Had we taken our chances as per usual, it could've been a comfortable win, but that would never happen. Regardless, out of the relegation spots and we have a team we can have some belief in. Bring on the Hibees!

Had we taken our chances it could’ve been a comfortable win :lol: I’m raging we lost that.

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

Had we taken our chances it could’ve a comfortable win :lol: I’m raging we lost that.

He’s not wrong. Wright missed a sitter just before you scored, Dales was clean through and missed, then McGowan put the ball wide when it looked easier to score. 

That’s three on top of the two we actually scored.

Robinson puts that chance away and we win that game.

Will be interesting to see the 2 big decisions again, think the penalty was a stick on!

Felt even with 10 men Dundee were there for the taking if we had someone with pace running at their 2 centre half’s, they looked very shaky.

Could do with a couple of wins before the split to ease the pressure.

21 minutes ago, The Master said:

He’s not wrong. Wright missed a sitter just before you scored, Dales was clean through and missed, then McGowan put the ball wide when it looked easier to score. 

That’s three on top of the two we actually scored.

I’m not disputing that you had openings but I think you have to be in a winning position to then make that win a comfortable one - wouldn’t you agree?

Similarly, when I hear people say a game ‘could’ve been 4-0’ I always insist it has to be 3-0 yet turns out it was only 1-0.

As I say, not disputing you had chances but I think we were in a better position to make it a comfortable win.

10 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Livingston are safe. We deserved a rub of the green at some point this season.

I think it would be incredibly naive of us to suggest we are safe, we are in a great position I’ll grant you that. 

St Mirren look doomed, they won’t catch us, so we’ve done the initial job of avoiding bottom, but 13 points can be made up, there is 32 still to play for. 

Would I have taken this position at the start of the season though, absolutely I would’ve. 

Archived