Club Licencing

Think that might be to do with the SFA board only handing out licences once a year?
Edit: bit extra on their fb page, presumably there's an SFA board meeting on the 26th to approve licences (for Bo'ness, Tranent, Camelon as well?)
"We'd a visit on Friday past from a delegation from the SFA's Licensing people, headed by department head Brian Mann. Pleased to advise their inspection/audit went very well - there are a couple of signage issues now being addressed, but otherwise we should be well-placed for acceptance into SFA associate membership in due course as long as we have our floodlights operational by Tuesday 25 February, ahead of important Hampden business the following day.
The target's reckoned achievable by our main sponsors JBEMS, the electrical contractors who've been carrying out the necessary preparation work over recent weeks - they were represented at Friday's meeting and are confident things will develop as required over the course of February. If all goes to plan this Saturday's match against Dalkeith Thistle should be the last played at Millfield without functioning floodlights."
The licencing board meets on the 26th February to confirm which clubs will be forwarded to the SFA board as entry level compliant for their June AGM.

As per the licence process changes late in 2019, that's the order in which things are now to proceed. The February licence board meeting is the last opportunity to be passed by the licence board before being ratified by the SFA in June at their AGM.

Keeps it simple I think, everyone knows what's what and helps the licence guys, so was a positive change to the process.

Pleased to say we've met the criteria as well, including resolving all the observed variances through our audit, so hopefully no more gotchas for us either and we're on track for June SFA meeting.

15 hours ago, gaz5 said:

The licencing board meets on the 26th February to confirm which clubs will be forwarded to the SFA board as entry level compliant for their June AGM.

As per the licence process changes late in 2019, that's the order in which things are now to proceed. The February licence board meeting is the last opportunity to be passed by the licence board before being ratified by the SFA in June at their AGM.

Keeps it simple I think, everyone knows what's what and helps the licence guys, so was a positive change to the process.

Pleased to say we've met the criteria as well, including resolving all the observed variances through our audit, so hopefully no more gotchas for us either and we're on track for June SFA meeting.

Good stuff. I suppose that means clubs could come out and say at the next month whether they've been forwarded to the board, as presumably the board meeting will rubber stamp their licence application.

Looking like it'll be Bo'ness, Camelon, Dunipace, Haddington, Tranent gaining a licence then.

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Good stuff. I suppose that means clubs could come out and say at the next month whether they've been forwarded to the board, as presumably the board meeting will rubber stamp their licence application.

Looking like it'll be Bo'ness, Camelon, Dunipace, Haddington, Tranent gaining a licence then.

Only five clubs going for a licence this time?  I believe in addition to that list the following clubs have floodlights:  Dalkeith, Dunbar, Heriot-Watt, Kinnoull, Leith (although only playing at Peffermill 3G), Newtongrange and Sauchie.  Any chance any of them are applying too?   Dalkeith and Newtongrange were on burnieman's list last year of clubs applying.

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

Only five clubs going for a licence this time?  I believe in addition to that list the following clubs have floodlights:  Dalkeith, Dunbar, Heriot-Watt, Kinnoull, Leith (although only playing at Peffermill 3G), Newtongrange and Sauchie.  Any chance any of them are applying too?   Dalkeith and Newtongrange were on burnieman's list last year of clubs applying.

Heriot-Watt, Leith, Sauchie, and Kinnoull aren't known to be in the Licencing Process. They've not made any puclic announcements that I recall.

Dalkeith and Newtongrange were in the list of 17 clubs at different stages of Licencing last year that the EoS social media published. Dalkeith commented at the time they missed out on licencing due issues not relating to floodlights. I believe it might have been around their pavillion?

Dunbar have announced they're going for their licence. Nobody knows what stage they're in.

I think Camelon, Haddington, and Tranent get a mention as they just needed floodlights last year. Bo'ness are chasing promotion and seem to be positive about it and I think the Dunipace posters around have also been positive about getting licenced this year. Which is why Bo'ness and Dunipace are considered certs.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Heriot-Watt, Leith, Sauchie, and Kinnoull aren't known to be in the Licencing Process. They've not made any puclic announcements that I recall.

Dalkeith and Newtongrange were in the list of 17 clubs at different stages of Licencing last year that the EoS social media published. Dalkeith commented at the time they missed out on licencing due issues not relating to floodlights. I believe it might have been around their pavillion?

Dunbar have announced they're going for their licence. Nobody knows what stage they're in.

I think Camelon, Haddington, and Tranent get a mention as they just needed floodlights last year. Bo'ness are chasing promotion and seem to be positive about it and I think the Dunipace posters around have also been positive about getting licenced this year. Which is why Bo'ness and Dunipace are considered certs.

Thanks for the info.  I'm always a bit surprised that Heriot-Watt have never been mentioned.  I'd have thought they would have a chance with their facilities but perhaps they are missing out in other areas.

Just now, stanley said:

Thanks for the info.  I'm always a bit surprised that Heriot-Watt have never been mentioned.  I'd have thought they would have a chance with their facilities but perhaps they are missing out in other areas.

They were rumoured around 2017-18 if I remember right. Think around the time they were installing a seated section. Then in the run up to the 2018 SFA AGM the note from the board was that they had accepted two licencing applications. Due to the way it was phrased people weren't sure if this meant LTHV and HWU getting officially licenced, or the newly accepted into the EoS Dalkeith and Blackburn being allowed to start the licencing process.

Might be something as daft as the changing rooms not being inside the confines of the ground?

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Others are presumably in the process but it seems only five are likely to have their ducks in a row to meet the 26th February deadline. Dalkeith could be a sixth, since they did work on their barrier recently and could have sorted other things as well (though like Penicuik they'll need brighter floodlights for 2021).

Edit: looks like Dalkeith have a bit more to do (posted in October)

- Pavilion extension to provide 2 toilets in each changing room
- Toilet provision required in the referee's room
- Additional toilet for female spectators
- Cover for disabled supporters
- Re-locate existing snack bar and convert the area to a First Aid Room
- Form new steps under the covered enclosure

https://www.dalkeiththistle.co.uk/news/club-licence-update-funding-awards-2479983.html

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, stanley said:

As Gaz5 said, the changing rooms not being in the ground might be the problem. There are no toilets for fans in the ground either, you have to go over to the main building and hope someone has jammed the door open, otherwise you have to go all the way round to the front door. It's a good playing facility but for fans it leaves a bit to be desired.

People also have to remember that licensing isn't just about lights and spectator facilities (although they're the most obvious and most expensive bits). It's also about dressing rooms, plus a raft of policies, procedures, qualifications and compliance. Some clubs may need considerable improvements to a pavilion, or simply lack enough committee to do paperwork side fast, etc.

On 04/02/2020 at 19:07, gaz5 said:
On 04/02/2020 at 19:01, stanley said:

Might be something as daft as the changing rooms not being inside the confines of the ground?

Can't be, official reserve games take place there...

Don't think you need a licence for reserve games, only first team games?

As was pointed out by someone else as well, no toilets inside the ground and those are defo a licence requirement. I also don't remember (though could be wrong) disabled access to the steps to the pitch?

Uni are a good team, with a good manager in a good facility, would think they would have done it by now if it was a licenceable ground. Maybe something they have in their plans.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Don't think you need a licence for reserve games, only first team games?

As was pointed out by someone else as well, no toilets inside the ground and those are defo a licence requirement. I also don't remember (though could be wrong) disabled access to the steps to the pitch?

Uni are a good team, with a good manager in a good facility, would think they would have done it by now if it was a licenceable ground. Maybe something they have in their plans.

Theres a long way round as such to the right of the exit to hearts first team changing.

Bejay is now assisant/coach with Hearts ladies as well as still managing Watt and assistant at Scotland Uni team.

He was incidentally on 'trial' so to speak at hearts many years ago whilst topping the scoring charts for the uni too. His training is very good and he's involved alot up there doing pt etc too.

4 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Dundee Utd play reserve games on a completely open pitch a couple of hundred yards from the changing rooms at St Andrew's Uni, so the requirements for reserves are pretty low.