Celtic v Motherwell

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't watch english football so I can only judge Robertson in a Scotland top but you seem to think the Celtic players can move to a higher level but lack ambition if they don't move?

So you don't rate the level they're at just now or are they too good for the scottish game?

Aw come on. Robertson is a level above those two when it comes to talent.

I think Scottish football is ok just now but it’s running the risk of becoming boring as due to finances Celtic are very dominant just now.

I’ve seen McGregor and Tierney limited times (like you with Robbo mainly for Scotland) and I think both are ok players. Would not expect Celtic to be inundated with bids from England or Europe though. However I also think if the opportunity arose, Tierney would not take it. He’s a modern day Paul McStay.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aw come on. Robertson is a level above those two when it comes to talent.

I think Scottish football is ok just now but it’s running the risk of becoming boring as due to finances Celtic are very dominant just now.

I’ve seen McGregor and Tierney limited times (like you with Robbo mainly for Scotland) and I think both are ok players. Would not expect Celtic to be inundated with bids from England or Europe though. However I also think if the opportunity arose, Tierney would not take it. He’s a modern day Paul McStay.

I would say there is about 15 countries across Europe playing at a higher level than the scottish game, England being one of them.

But the Scotland team has been full of players plying their trade in England the last 20 years yet they still can't qualify.

Burke has played at a higher level but still has a lot of development in his game to go plus Liam Henderson has moved constantly. 

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I would say there is about 15 countries across Europe playing at a higher level than the scottish game, England being one of them.

But the Scotland team has been full of players plying their trade in England the last 20 years yet they still can't qualify.

Burke has played at a higher level but still has a lot of development in his game to go plus Liam Henderson has moved constantly. 

As many as 15 ?? Possibly.

So far Burke was poor in Bundesliga, English Premier and English Championship but is still a young lad. He sounds keen to move back after his 6 months.

Henderson is a bit different. He has always maintained that he’s keen to learn different styles of football and try different cultures. Not your typical Scottish youngster.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:
Nae colours there to identify any team supported.

Sweep sweep

I was not being serious. it's not right.

still 50 folk. better than 10 thousand terrorist supporters

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was it not an ill advised attempt at publicity for a book launch ??

It was but still..

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

As many as 15 ?? Possibly.

So far Burke was poor in Bundesliga, English Premier and English Championship but is still a young lad. He sounds keen to move back after his 6 months.

Henderson is a bit different. He has always maintained that he’s keen to learn different styles of football and try different cultures. Not your typical Scottish youngster.

If you put it in context they're 55 countries in Europe so only having 15 playing at a higher level is a better than average standard.

Another player would be Gauld has he improved as a player?

I still disagree with you if all our best players leave Scotland our league would suffer it's not a lack of ambition.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you put it in context they're 55 countries in Europe so only having 15 playing at a higher level is a better than average standard.

Another player would be Gauld has he improved as a player?

I still disagree with you if all our best players leave Scotland our league would suffer it's not a lack of ambition.

Fair enough re. The 55 countries mate.

I can’t judge on Gauld as not seen enough.

I think guys like Tierney, Forrest, McGregor are very, very comfortable knowing they will win 95% of domestic games even if they don’t play at 100%. I don’t think any of them have the desire to play in one of the 15 better leagues which is a shame. 

The result will genuinely hinge on how much studying the Motherwell players have got through this week. It's always difficult to get anything off the plucky underdogs, but if Motherwell managed to hit the football books this week there's always a chance they might get a positive result.

Archived