Celtic v Motherwell

14 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

My only hope for this one is we don't go and make wholesale changes, I was very vocal about that in December, but it could have made sense when taking into account the bigger picture (although it obviously didn't work out as we hoped).

The team are full of confidence, we go there and lose then it's expected, but this is a big stage for the players to show what they ca do - they are more than capable of putting in a good showing too.

Difficult week ahead with Killie three days later, but it'll be those tests that prove how good this team are. My current thoughts are we are in very good shape and the potential to keep improving is absolutely there, but we' have had a favourable run of fixtures too - some big challenges lie ahead. 

I'd be surprised if we did tbh. I know it wasn't a popular move in December but it was a time in the season where not only were we in fairly indifferent form but we were also scheduled to play 8 (EIGHT) games in the space of 4 weeks. We don't really have the same sort of fixture congestion so unless we've got injuries I'd imagine we'd just go with what's been working rather than flying a white flag.

The other thing is that the shape we've got at the moment should allow for us to be a bit more flexible using the same bodies ie: we could go 451 rather than baws oot 433 without needing to switch anyone in or out we'd just need Ariyibi and Hastie to start deeper rather than pushing up.

Either way it'll be a learning experience for the Young Team.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The other thing is that the shape we've got at the moment should allow for us to be a bit more flexible using the same bodies ie: we could go 451 rather than baws oot 433 without needing to switch anyone in or out we'd just need Ariyibi and Hastie to start deeper rather than pushing up.

While this is true; Get them up on Celtic's full-back. I'd imagine we'll lose, but get onto the Celtic full-backs. If we're going to get joy, it'll be there.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:33, Desp said:

Celtic will put in yet another embarrassing European performance in Valencia tonight.  Why does Rodgers not get pulled up more about his woeful European record?

Coming home celebrating a "good performance" in a 1-0 defeat.  

Brendan strikes again.

22 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I hope so but with Tierney coming back for this one it will be on your 18 yard line.

I thought that he would be back for this and not Valencia away. He’s the worlds least ambitious footballer.

And to think people used to compare him to Andy Robertson. Shows how deluded Old Firm fans are.

I’m sure I read on P&B someone saying Calum McGregor was world class too. f**k me. Idiots.

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought that he would be back for this and not Valencia away. He’s the worlds least ambitious footballer.

And to think people used to compare him to Andy Robertson. Shows how deluded Old Firm fans are.

I’m sure I read on P&B someone saying Calum McGregor was world class too. f**k me. Idiots.

The 2 players you have mentioned still have their best years ahead of them plus if you can't see the ability these players have then you are the fecking idiot.

But maybe your just one of these fans that constantly run down the scottish game and don't rate any player here.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The 2 players you have mentioned still have their best years ahead of them plus if you can't see the ability these players have then you are the fecking idiot.

But maybe your just one of these fans that constantly run down the scottish game and don't rate any player here.

I referred to 3 players. I hope McGregor and Tierney have the ambition to move up a level as it will improve them as players. Time will tell if they have that.

McGregor moved before to get a different experience so expect him to move on at some point as will crave to keep learning. I hope I’m wrong but Tierney comes across as thick as shit and totally dictated to by his father so expect him to be at Celtic for his whole career.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I referred to 3 players. I hope McGregor and Tierney have the ambition to move up a level as it will improve them as players. Time will tell if they have that.

McGregor moved before to get a different experience so expect him to move on at some point as will crave to keep learning. I hope I’m wrong but Tierney comes across as thick as shit and totally dictated to by his father so expect him to be at Celtic for his whole career.

I don't watch english football so I can only judge Robertson in a Scotland top but you seem to think the Celtic players can move to a higher level but lack ambition if they don't move?

So you don't rate the level they're at just now or are they too good for the scottish game?

Archived