INDEPENDENT GROUP

MEADOWXI

10 hours ago, Sooky said:

They’re registering as a new party under the name ‘Change UK’, so a big welcome to the CUKs...

Heidi Allen is the new leader.

I wouldn't mind being under Heidi Allen. :wub:

If you’re going to pick a crappy, meaningless name at least choose something normal like “the centrists” or “the moderates” that are actually used by other parties in Europe.

(I know a lot of people will think they are neither of those things, but that’s how they are trying to portray themselves)

10 minutes ago, Sooky said:

If you’re going to pick a crappy, meaningless name at least choose something normal like “the centrists” or “the moderates” that are actually used by other parties in Europe.

(I know a lot of people will think they are neither of those things, but that’s how they are trying to portray themselves)

I thought the Independent Party would do. No more meaningless than Change.

The meaningless name is all part of the strategy. They will be the party for people who don't like politics with lots of PR jargon about representing an alternative without actually having any policies.

All they are looking to do is shave a couple of points off the Labour vote.

Edited by Detournement

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The meaningless name is all part of the strategy. They will be the party for people who don't like politics with lots of PR jargon about representing an alternative without actually having any policies.

All they are looking to do is shave a couple of points off the Labour vote.

They could take a few off the Tories too if May is replaced by a staunch Brexiteer. An early election would probably finish them off though.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They could take a few off the Tories too if May is replaced by a staunch Brexiteer. An early election in the next 10 years would probably finish them off though.

There you go.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There you go.

If the Tories veer to the hard right and Labour keep their reputation for being hard left, they could do ok if the Lib Dems don't get their act together. They need time and a load of money to get their party infrastructure together though. Would be interesting if they challenge Tories and Labour in Scotland as I can't see them taking any votes off the SNP.