Next Scotland Manager

1 hour ago, Estragon is a fud said:

You could have made most of these arguments about Craig Levein in December 2009 tbh

I'm personally sceptical about appointing a manager who outwith the last excellent 18 months, has been pretty unsuccessful in management. 

Exactly  I'm pretty much open to anyone and give them a shot as sometimes it just clicks. Hey could have been bad athing some jobs and suddenly they're great at another or vice versa.  The reasons so many were against mcleish however are numerous. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I can just imagine it...

"Don't worry guys, we've listened to you.  You don't want McLeish, so he's gone.  You don't want Strachan back, and he's not.  Malky Mackay?  Nope.  So please welcome our new manager - Craig Levein!"

I wouldn't be that bothered by that. Sure he's learned from mistakes and he's proved elsewhere he can do a job. 

Personally would like us to go outwith Scotland with this appointment and think about getting someone in who can organise us at the back while understanding how to get the best players out on the park.

If money was no object, I'd love to see the SFA have the ambition to go for Lars Lagerback from the Norwegian national team. But that won't happen.

Again if money was no object, I'd happily do a deal with the devil and stomach a Sam Allardyce appointment to sort us out defensively.

Alternatively, Andreas Herzog at Israel or Vladimir Weiss at Georgia are building relatively impressive bodies of work that would have them under some consideration.

If we are to go down the Scottish route, my backing would be for Steve Clarke. He's a wonderful manager who fits the organiser bracket. Darren Fletcher would be very risky but he is certainly articulate and inspiring to listen to. He would require some experience alongside him.

So we will end up with a lazy appointment like David Moyes, if they bother to sack Alex McLeish at all.

Back on serious topic, if we are going to bring in a manager from the scottish domestic game the three candidates youve got to look at are - Clarke, McInnes and Tommy Wright.

Looking through blue tinted specs clarke would be the best manager but losing him would be heartbreaking. The way he has our killie team playing would be perfect for this scotland team. A solid base of a team and then a fast counter attack (forrest, fraser etc).

Tommy wright would sort us out at the back and keep us solid, but cant see the current SFA chiefs appointing someone from a diddy team like StJs

McInness has obv done a great job in keeping the dons as the second force in scotland but im not sure he would work well for the national team

Would be interesting to see who applied for the job if advertised. Got to say i wouldnt mind going down the foreign approach again. Just someone who looks like they are trying to build a team and a future. Not playing guys like jonny russell and kenny mclean who have no future in this scotland team.

Just give us someone that can restore a bit of pride and hope

Edited by superkillieaway

Gemmill done nothing at unders level what makes you think he has what it takes?

Do we not need him there to bring the next generation through?

And not disrupt any progress they make?We need guys who took teams to finals.Was massive list of unemployed ones should been on lust when they list out on O Neil

Two Slovenians

One Italian ex Albania boss

Guy who took Poland to finals

And guy that got Hungary there

None to my knowledge got a interview 

SFA clueless can't work the internet

58 minutes ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Any source who interest of Scotland new manager job for Foreign men of manager?

Scotland right men of who interest Scotland new manager job?

Were you getting Eze can play for us he is in English under 20 team and can also play for Nigeria

Dembele big bro can play for us who might still be at Peterborough