St Mirren v Celtic

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Given that you lost a bet to me in the cup final v the sheep thread to never post on a Celtic thread again you either...

A. Don't accept the outcome of bets you make

Or

B. Are obsessed with Celtic

Which is it?

:lol:

Are you not a grown man?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How people can take pyros and bangers into games and try to claim it adds to the atmosphere baffles me. Out of the many hundreds of pyros I've seen at Celtic games only 1 has really looked remotely decent. Idiotic wee neds who shouldn't be allowed out their parents house never mind going to football matches. As for the game was a typical performance under Lennon , job done but underwhelming. Brown and nazon most likely will be receiving letters from the compliance officer. Also hope timo weah gets more game time in the last 6 league games boys going to be a top drawer player in the next few years.

25 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

There was empty seats in the West and main stand. Why on earth would you not let stands behind the goals not let the club generate much needed money ? Came out the ground after the game with not a hint of trouble. Personally I have no problem filling both stands with Celtic fans it pulled in around £86,400. Maybe if you were on the board you would get it. Not a classic game last night but a good night was had. 

Crowd was lower than it was on Saturday.

More than 2,000 Saints fans who were there v Dundee decided NOT to come to the match last night.

EIGHT season ticket holders near me didn’t turn up; they don’t come for games against The Rangers either.

It really is not pleasant when the OF come to town, and going to last night’s game I said if we do get relegated, not having those visits is something I certainly won’t miss.

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

More than 2,000 Saints fans who were there v Dundee decided NOT to come to the match last night.

EIGHT season ticket holders near me didn’t turn up; they don’t come for games against The Rangers either.

It really is not pleasant when the OF come to town, and going to last night’s game I said if we do get relegated, not having those visits is something I certainly won’t miss.

Just had a look, your highest attendance and 3rd highest attendance of the season was against Celtic.

Saturday was an exception as the game was so vital, had it not been the Celtic games would remain your 2 highest attendances of the season and your highest money spinner.

I'm from Paisley, have many St Mirren supporting friends and none of them miss this game due to lack of pleasantness! I think they enjoy the change in atmosphere and the chance of the shock win such as when you pumped us a few years back.

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I'm older it really does not bother me. The vast majority are well behaved I stood outside the ground for a wee while after the game. I remember thinking everything was very orderly. Saints and Celtic fans passing each other as it should be. Also seen a good few Celtic fans in the main stand wearing no colours clapping their team off.  Football is very tribal at times we could do with taking a leaf out of ruby fans. The worst is  Rangers  not all their fans but the have a larger portion of twats than any other club. 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Praying for all the Celtic fans who were a similar distance away from the loud noise as the St Mirren keeper. 

Are you trying to justify some random moron throwing a firework on the pitch. Get a fucking grip of yourself.

On the game, or rather the Saints players who got a run out for the first time in ages....

Kellerman I think struggled quite badly.

Cooke I thought was excellent when we managed to get the ball forward (which wasn’t often).

Corbu did okay, but can see why he’s not getting a regular start.

Thought MacPherson had his best game for us; worried when I saw him in the line up given but he made some great tackles and played some decent passes.

Of those, I think Cooke has done enough to earn a start on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

On the game, or rather the Saints players who got a run out for the first time in ages....

Kellerman I think struggled quite badly.

Cooke I thought was excellent when we managed to get the ball forward (which wasn’t often).

Corbu did okay, but can see why he’s not getting a regular start.

Thought MacPherson had his best game for us; worried when I saw him in the line up given but he made some great tackles and played some decent passes.

Of those, I think Cooke has done enough to earn a start on Saturday.

I would be starting with Danny Mullen and Nazon against Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Given that you lost a bet to me in the cup final v the sheep thread to never post on a Celtic thread again you either...

Or

Which is it?

It’s both.

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I would be starting with Danny Mullen and Nazon against Hamilton. 

I don’t think we’ll have an option to start Nazon.

Mind you, they might let him off otherwise they’d need to cite Brown too.

In the Hearts v Celtic game at the start of the season Naismith stamped on a Celtic player - but was let off probably because in the same game Brown elbowed him.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Or

Which is it?

In fact, I’m so obsessed with Celtic, I’m going to go out of my way to travel down to Glasgow for their Scottish Cup semi final a week on Sunday.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Been in much the same proximity when those bangers go off if not closer. Shat it for a few seconds and thats about it. Folk actually let them off in the crowd as well with no real incident. Not a fan of them but no idea why the keepers went down like that.

Chuck Nhorris has spoken ! 

29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It wouldn't be a surprise that Brown gets as many games as morelos got on 2 counts of misconduct.  

Morelos has been suspended for a total of 10 domestic matches this season, so that seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

This could be my post from a decade ago.

Although the overall crowd goes up playing Celtic/Rangers the home crowd goes down as many don't want to listen to their pish.

I've said for a while now that winning the Championship comes with a horrible prize.

The club financially needs to be in the topflight and crowd wise probably should be but it's fucking shite 90% of the time.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Morelos has been suspended for a total of 10 domestic matches this season, so that seems unlikely.

Morelos also got away with the stamp on Ralston in December but Brown's stamp on a St Mirren player last night plus celebrating to much on Sunday will see a few games out.  

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Brown's stamp on a St Mirren player last night will see a few games out.  

I've removed all the collateral from your post. 

Long and short - stamp on someone, get banned. 

4 hours ago, RPHG said:

Just had a look, your highest attendance and 3rd highest attendance of the season was against Celtic.

Saturday was an exception as the game was so vital, had it not been the Celtic games would remain your 2 highest attendances of the season and your highest money spinner.

I'm from Paisley, have many St Mirren supporting friends and none of them miss this game due to lack of pleasantness! I think they enjoy the change in atmosphere and the chance of the shock win such as when you pumped us a few years back.

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm older it really does not bother me. The vast majority are well behaved I stood outside the ground for a wee while after the game. I remember thinking everything was very orderly. Saints and Celtic fans passing each other as it should be. Also seen a good few Celtic fans in the main stand wearing no colours clapping their team off.  Football is very tribal at times we could do with taking a leaf out of ruby fans. The worst is  Rangers  not all their fans but the have a larger portion of twats than any other club. 

You're right RPHG that because it was Dundee and such an important game there were more Saints fans there.

We've been averaging just over 4,000 home fans - on Saturday we had around a thousand more, last night we had a thousand less.

Obviously doesn't bother everyone, but that's about 25% of our home support - many who've already paid for the game - deciding they just don't want everything that goes along with games v the OF.

I'm sure Saints aren't alone when it comes to this.

Archived