Championship Worst Player Of The Season 2018/2019

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stellaboz said:
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
So we're agreed that you're talking pish and that Durnan isn't even close to being our worst player?
Good.

He deserves a solid mention on the discussion.

No he doesn't.

I'm really unsure where you're getting this from. 

You're at it.

He's not been great but he's been no worse than Ashcroft and better than Devine. He was involved in a massive 3 league defeats, 1 League Cup defeat (to a Premiership team) and 1 Scottish Cup defeat (where the entire team were abysmal).

He was involved in 3 league wins and 2 draws and 4 League Cup wins (including to a Premiership team).

There are multiple players in the squad who have been much, much worse than him.

I think I will come up with some United candidates even with a couple with limited appearances.

Yannick Loemba - Hoped for decent things from him even through I had never heard of him before.  In the times I saw him he was absolutely hopeless and I cannot think of a single positive he contributed in his few appearances.   He did give me a laugh by putting a shot over the top of the Eddie Thompson Stand.

Benjamin Seigrist & Matej Rakovan - Have to be considered absolutely dreadful goalkeepers who completely fail to inspire any confidence whatsoever.   For tall keepers they are dreadful at dealing with crosses and high balls into the box and always cause a sense of fear and dread when the ball goes near them in the air.  Both equally incompetent at saving penalties as well.  Thankfully Rakovan left in January and hopefully Seigrist leaves in the summer as well.

On 09/04/2019 at 21:36, CaspianChris said:

I think I will come up with some United candidates even with a couple with limited appearances.

Yannick Loemba - Hoped for decent things from him even through I had never heard of him before.  In the times I saw him he was absolutely hopeless and I cannot think of a single positive he contributed in his few appearances.   He did give me a laugh by putting a shot over the top of the Eddie Thompson Stand.

Benjamin Seigrist & Matej Rakovan - Have to be considered absolutely dreadful goalkeepers who completely fail to inspire any confidence whatsoever.   For tall keepers they are dreadful at dealing with crosses and high balls into the box and always cause a sense of fear and dread when the ball goes near them in the air.  Both equally incompetent at saving penalties as well.  Thankfully Rakovan left in January and hopefully Seigrist leaves in the summer as well.

Loemba was shite but he was genuinely no worse than King or McMullan who’s somehow earned a new deal. 

Makes ye sick 
B0E19715-7766-4F8E-B580-6D4E62628185.gif.d01ff4b2aa0f56488f85423d43d82d28.gif

I’ve seen some fair amount of shitebags play for Ayr. But I can’t tell you the last striker I’ve seen that would shite out of a free header to score an easy goal.

If it had been “your club’s worst player of the season”, then 7 pages would make sense. Given that Dennon Lewis has graced us with his presence renders everything else redundant. A player who ran away from the ball at every opportunity e-x-c-e-p-t for the pursuit of the truly “lost cause” ball.......but only if it really was a lost cause.... a ball travelling at the same speed as him, five yards from being out of play, and him 10 yards further back.......that sort of truly lost cause.......those he would chase like a thing demented, and once out of play, he would still chase that ball down just to kick it against an advertising board. A special player. A player who stands head and shoulders below all others.

His Wiki Page laughingly describes him thus.....

“Lewis is a versatile player, able to play at full backwinger and as an out-and-out striker”.

The video clip above amply demonstrates his skill while performing as an auxiliary left back for Dunfermline preventing a near certain own goal by the inrushing Dunfermline defender.

So not an open goal then. And there's no chance an own goal is scored there either.
Open goal [emoji1]
Can understand that having watched Andy Ryan all season, you lads need a goal to be a bit more open than that.

Meanwhile in the real world, most of us expect a striker to beat the keeper easily from 4 yards out

Archived