Championship Worst Player Of The Season 2018/2019

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Muirhead running down the line at Starks and tripping up on the ball will not be forgotten for a long time. Truly hopeless. That being said we've been collectively pretty rubbish for most of the season, rather than one or two players dragging down the side.

A reminder that Leo Fasan is currently tied 5th for Falkirk Player of the Year in the local paper, despite having not played for the club since early December.

Could be that wonder save from Ryan in our win at EEP......!!!!

Has to be Fasan for me, Probably cost us a dozen points. He simply is the worst keeper I have ever seen at Falkirk. His performances reminded me of the demise of Allan Ferguson when his time was simply up to be a goalkeeper at a full time pro level. 

The Striker just had to aim the ball towards Fasan and it was goal, he actually scored goals for the opposition this season and when he was on the bench recently, it put the fear of god in me if he had to be used.

If we had to play Fasan for the rest of the season, Id have to say I would be looking out my bucket and spade for next season, as much as horrific as others were, I don't think I could say the same with them.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I would have said Tumilty earlier in the season, but he has improved at wing back. Our centre backs have all been woeful. Buchanan has been edging it as worst over Kilday for most of the season, but Waddell is probably the front runner now. Although Kilday's penalty gift against Ayr (and Buchanan's forgetting to mark again which almost gifted Ayr a winning goal) shows that any of the three could still be crowned the worst. If Dykes plays any more he could be in with a shout as well. 

(FWIW, at other clubs I think Fasan and Keown are good shouts)  

What's happened to Waddel? Morton fans seemed delighted when he extended his loan from Dundee? Might be a different player right enough. 

its a tough choice between Fasan, Lewis,   Dallison and Haber, for me Fasan and Lewis stand out on another note see Lewis cant seem to get a game for Bromley always have a look to see if he has managed to do anything and he cant even make the bench let alone team.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Niall Keown for me, from a guy who looked like a star in 2017 and no-one questioned paying a fee for him to an absolute haddie both last season and this, rumours of terrible attitude as well. Christ knows how we managed to swap him for Anderson, who while past his best at least actually tries.

Tbf it means Ando returns to us in the Summer sharp. Keown has played a mammoth 30 minutes for us since he joined, which is the role Anderson would've had.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The club paid money for him as well.

Thankfully his contract is only until the end of this season.

Ross McCarthur has said we never paid money for him and we reported that incorrectly at the time. Very strange all round, regardless.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Ross McCarthur has said we never paid money for him and we reported that incorrectly at the time. Very strange all round, regardless.

Let's hope that no fee was paid! 

However the club themselves reported it on the official website!

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_sign_Robbie_Muirhead_&ID=10812

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Let's hope that no fee was paid! 

However the club themselves reported it on the official website!

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_sign_Robbie_Muirhead_&ID=10812

Aye, I remember that at the time. As things stand, and taking his likely wages into account, probably one of the worst signings made of the modern era.

49 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Has there been no mention of Dimitris ‘part-time big sexy bearded Cypriot b*****d’ Froxylias?

To consider he would struggle to make into the top five shiters for falkirk this season is saying something.  Infact, Ive got Haber, Lewis, Dallison, Fasan, Turner, Mackin and Owen-Evans all ahead of him, and even then thats not including the likes of Dumbuya, Russell and Greenwood who IIRC played less than 90 minutes between them.  What a season when Sammut, Brough and Irvine were our comparative 'success' stories.

In terms of single moments, its a straight shoot out between Fasan's red through at Morton and Lewis' shot avoidance against dunfermline, but the worst single performance has to be Muirhead in December against the pars. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it means Ando returns to us in the Summer sharp. Keown has played a mammoth 30 minutes for us since he joined, which is the role Anderson would've had.

I'd worry about Anderson playing in the top flight next season. He started off pretty much flawless for his first 4 or 5 games with us, but cracks have appeared since then. It's almost as if playing in a team littered with shite has dragged him down a level.

Don't get me wrong, he's still been our best player since he joined, and I would bite your hand off for him to be back with us next year, but I get the feeling Tommy Wright would look for him to be a backup again. And would Ando take that?

10 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Craig Moore for us. Had plenty of opportunities to prove he could do a job either off the bench or when Moffat or Shankland are out and apart from getting sent off v Morton he's done nothing of note.

He has 4 goals and an assist and is our 3rd top scorer. I'm not suggesting he's been great, but he's certainly not our worst player.

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'd worry about Anderson playing in the top flight next season. He started off pretty much flawless for his first 4 or 5 games with us, but cracks have appeared since then. It's almost as if playing in a team littered with shite has dragged him down a level.

Don't get me wrong, he's still been our best player since he joined, and I would bite your hand off for him to be back with us next year, but I get the feeling Tommy Wright would look for him to be a backup again. And would Ando take that?

I've no idea what will happen with him next year, of the three defenders who've been in front of him, only one is guaranteed to be here next season, and hes only got about 8 top flight games to his name.

If they all stay, he'll be in the exact same situation he was in this season.

Got to be goalie Benji Siegrest for us. Sole reason we dont have another 10 points or so on the board 
Nonsense. Not the best keeper in the world bur nowhere near our worst player this season

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What's happened to Waddel? Morton fans seemed delighted when he extended his loan from Dundee? Might be a different player right enough. 

He had a couple of good games early on, and wasn't in the team for a couple of worst defensive performances in the first months of the season. He has certainly shown signs of talent, and he's still only 20. So a mixture of hopeful signs, benefit of the doubt, and not being Kilday or Buchanan probably helped him early on. He's capable of good games, but he's even moreso capable of point-costing errors. The highlights being giving away a goal and then getting sent off against ICT, his own goal against Alloa, and his bewildering error to give the first goal away against Partick last week (when he just let his man run off him from a long ball over the top - didn't attempt to follow him, didn't attempt to go for the ball). He was at the centre of our 3-0 defeat at Dunfermline in December, another day when he just forgot to defend. 

He's young and he might very well go on to have a decent career, but at the moment he's an accident waiting to happen.  

Not really sure who could be ours

Brad McKay would be my choice, falls over at least 2/3 times a game, no positional sense and Donaldson has to cover for him repeatedly.

Or possibly Nathan Austin, finished last season with a great goal scoring run. Anytime he’s played this season (apart from his 2 goals against Ayr) he’s looked devoid of confidence and like he doesn’t know how to play football.

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:
17 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:
Got to be goalie Benji Siegrest for us. Sole reason we dont have another 10 points or so on the board 

Nonsense. Not the best keeper in the world bur nowhere near our worst player this season

Exactly. Siegrist hasn't even been our worst keeper, never mind player this season.

Archived