Clyde v QP

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

:lol: Aye, I noticed your previous reference to "Crosshill Tramps" ( close, my old dear is from Govanhill) You then moved on to the rather bizarre "Cathcart Foreskins"

Reminded me a bit of that crackpot Shaggro/ Penguin. Whatever happened to him eh ;)

I mean, it's fairly easy to pinpoint where we're from. More difficult to give Clyde an identity on that front. Chucked out of a Rutherglen dog track, renting at Hamilton, Maryhill and Cumbernauld. Would be silly to even attempt a geographical slagging when their history reads like the departures board at Buchanan Street. 

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

I very much doubt even if it came down to queens park beating Peterhead you would get 'please do us a favour " and anyway that would only be one game if 36 and would have no more validity than Berwick beating Peterhead 2 0 we will just have to win the last two see what happens

so let's get it straight no teams do other teams favours

As for queens fans it's almost an ideal day beat us scupper the league challenge, lose peterhead win big GIRUY Clyde win Peterhead lose or draw then it's oh you need us to beat them for you lot to win league emoji23.png

I too was disappointed in ByoS inferring that not only is the very situation he predicts is entirely possible, but that he could be actively encouraging his team to try harder in one match than in another. What happens on the final day at Hampden, up to and including missed penalties (Elgin) or shock late equalisers (Albion Rovers) is no business of ours at all unless we win our own fixtures. 

Motivation for QP might justifaibly not be sky-high, probably hoping to see the back of a 'meh' season, but the presence of their loyal paying supporters and securing their contracts for next season leaves no doubt in my mind that no less than 100% effort will be applied in both games. There's no need for any one of us to ask for that. Putting myself in their shoes, they have two chances to completely ruin teams' title prospects- quite a fun end, to a middling year. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I mean, it's fairly easy to pinpoint where we're from. More difficult to give Clyde an identity on that front. Chucked out of a Rutherglen dog track, renting at Hamilton, Maryhill and Cumbernauld. Would be silly to even attempt a geographical slagging when their history reads like the departures board at Buchanan Street. 

Hold your horses, Annabelle. QPFC may have Willie Haughey's cheque burning (another) hole in the pocket of the washed-oot club cords, but where will this manifest itself in the shape of your new home? If you can't get Lesser, you may need to take up bowls to stay in the South, with half a dozen clubs within the mile being about the only available space. It might be the Glasgow tour bus to games for you lads soon.

On a serious note, is Cathkin Park ever going to be an option?

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Hold your horses, Annabelle. QPFC may have Willie Haughey's cheque burning (another) hole in the pocket of the washed-oot club cords, but where will this manifest itself in the shape of your new home? If you can't get Lesser, you may need to take up bowls to stay in the South, with half a dozen clubs within the mile being about the only available space. It might be the Glasgow tour bus to games for you lads soon.

On a serious note, is Cathkin Park ever going to be an option?

Ownership of Lesser Hampden is part of the deal, Babs. Although, I worry that we'll have to make Clyde games all ticket because of the 2000 strong away support. 

There's supposed to have been something happening with Cathkin for 20 years. It's never got beyond tidying up. 

Edited by an86

Ownership of Lesser Hampden is part of the deal, Babs. Although, I worry that we'll have to make Clyde games all ticket because of the 2000 strong away support. 
There's supposed to have been something happening with Cathkin for 20 years. It's never got beyond tidying up. 
2000 that's one end [emoji16]

On 25/04/2019 at 17:27, an86 said:

Recently seen some FB posts of Cathkin Park terraces being tidied up and it totally bemused me. Other than a bit of nostalgia in trying to resurrect a bit of the past, what are those involved hoping to achieve ? There may be more to it than I realise but I can’t ever see those terraces ever been occupied again. 

47 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Talking of QP away shirts. I must admit, me and my mates wore this shirt for our “Bayern Bru” 5’s team at the Paisley Pitts when we were like 14 or something. Cost us £15 for the full kit fae Greaves Sports :lol: 

6ABE0B1D-4A3E-4FE1-85F9-37287A204E92.jpeg

Your favourite colours, Ingo.

Well the big day has arrived for all you qp fans. One of the 4 biggest days on the calender. Must have been a sleepless night. With a bit of luck this may be the last time in years that our paths cross. Ek will be the next "bigy" for you. Whilst we finally move on the road back to where we belong. Enjoy your day in cumbernauld and take plenty of photos just for the memories. Feel free to bring your trombones along to add to the occasion. 

2 hours ago, Bullyme said:

Well the big day has arrived for all you qp fans. One of the 4 biggest days on the calender. Must have been a sleepless night. With a bit of luck this may be the last time in years that our paths cross. Ek will be the next "bigy" for you. Whilst we finally move on the road back to where we belong. Enjoy your day in cumbernauld and take plenty of photos just for the memories. Feel free to bring your trombones along to add to the occasion. 

I see you were up at 7am on a Saturday, up to high doh, to post this.