Clyde v QP

The tone on this thread should be very interesting over the next few hours, given that Clyde need us to beat Peterhead next Saturday to have any chance of winning the league. Are we all of a sudden their new best friends, or is the temptation of giving us a deserved "GIRFUY" going to be too hard to resist?

On 22/04/2019 at 17:42, The man with no name said:

Despite their lofty league position Clyde are shit. They have one decent player but he is a complete scumbag and should not be playing football. 

With David Galt back and the boys fired up for this one, 3-0 Queen's.

Chortle. Pleasing to win 3-0, looked very comfy until Rankin’s injury (gutted for him) and then looked very nervy in between that and the 2nd goal. Tom Lang was uncharacteristically dreadful for 15 minutes or so! Scooshed it once again after that whilst playing our beautiful brand of futsal-inspired soccerball.

As long as we go and win next week I’ll be happy enough. If we win and Peterhead win the situation doesn’t change much from what we’ve all been expecting since the points deduction.

I’m certainly not expecting to win the league next week but could you imagine the scenes of somehow we did? Imagine.

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Chortle. Pleasing to win 3-0, looked very comfy until Rankin’s injury (gutted for him) and then looked very nervy in between that and the 2nd goal. Tom Lang was uncharacteristically dreadful for 15 minutes or so! Scooshed it once again after that whilst playing our beautiful brand of futsal-inspired soccerball.

As long as we go and win next week I’ll be happy enough. If we win and Peterhead win the situation doesn’t change much from what we’ve all been expecting since the points deduction.

I’m certainly not expecting to win the league next week but could you imagine the scenes of somehow we did? Imagine.

Congratulations to Peterhead on winning the league!

The tone on this thread should be very interesting over the next few hours, given that Clyde need us to beat Peterhead next Saturday to have any chance of winning the league. Are we all of a sudden their new best friends, or is the temptation of giving us a deserved "GIRFUY" going to be too hard to resist?

For some reason a don’t think we have to suck up to yous to encourage your football team to try and win a game of football. Maybe I’m wrong but I doubt many of them are on this thread [emoji102]

I can only assume you're suggesting that QP may lose to stop Clyde winning the league.

And that QP dislike Clyde more than they love their own team.

GIRFUY

Gutted to see rankin go off and for a while it seemed to affect the team. Good save from Currie at an important time.  ship was steadied and ended up comfortable. On to next week...fck all to lose.

Man of the match...clyde announcer.

Sure i saw few appreciative smiles on the QP support for that one 

What a fantastic feeling at the end of today’s game, result obviously but news of Peaso equaliser just lifted everyone another notch.
I don’t think we were that impressive today but didn’t really need to be fortunately, QP didn’t offer much, other than 2 decent stops from Currie. I think the injury to John Rankin really affected the players both in terms that lt looked pretty serious and of course we lost his ability in the middle of the park, gutted for him.
Still in this amazingly, big crown through at Cowdenbeath I think!

No aspect of that could have been worse. The bodying, the late goal, the announcement backfiring. The game itself was what it was. A title challenging team with something to play for against a bottom half side with nothing to play for. Faster, stronger and technically better. Thought the first looked a mile off, but I honestly don't think it'd have mattered if it had been disallowed in terms of the outcome. 

As for next week, I obviously want us to win the game. That comes before anything, even if it has unfortunate consequences. Hopefully Cowdenbeath can spring a surprise and make it totally irrelevant. A draw wouldn't be a disaster and I certainly wouldn't be encouraging the boys to take it into the corner under such circumstances. Definitely not. 

I'm genuinely not at the wind up when I say Hart is injured and we tried to get an emergency loan in for today because we didn't want to play a 16 year old. If he has aggravated the problem, the young lad might end up playing.