Relegation Play-offs; Cove v. Berwick

I’ll be driving up, your train leaves Dundee at 18:22 and according to sat nav it’s 66 minutes from ground to Dundee station.
Let me know if you want a lift.

Cheers Neil will do.

Is it true Berwick r travelling to cove on the day off the game Saturday and that they are struggling with injuries? 

Not sure on injuries but you are aware players mostly stay in Edinburgh area and cove about 2.5 hours drive roughly - not sure why they would want to travel day before anyway

11 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Not sure on injuries but you are aware players mostly stay in Edinburgh area and cove about 2.5 hours drive roughly - not sure why they would want to travel day before anyway

That’s true. 

Any predictions for the first leg?

That’s true. 

I have only been once this season so can’t really comment.

If See plays we might have some joy up top. Need to dig in a one goal defeat would be good in my opinion as it gives us some hope at Shielfield. A draw would be magnificent.

My head says 3-1 cove

12 minutes ago, Amatuer loyal said:

That’s true. 

Berwick to get blown out 3-0 or 3-1.

If that prediction ends up wrong I will over the moon, and if it turns out to be right I can at least revel in the knowledge that I am excellent at predicting footy scores (or, argueably, that I can read the writing on the wall).

Does this fear make me back the boys any less? No way.

4 minutes ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Are you going by how bad Berwick are with your predictions or are cove a handy outfit?

Both- Cove have smashed the Highland League this season (last season as well) and gave Cowden real trouble last season - they will be real hungry now, to get revenge and finally reach League 2. Our current team is arguably worse than the Blue Brazil back then, is bereft of confidence, and may not have had enough time under the new managerial duo to rid itself of the Harvey stench. The boardroom is rumbling as well, which I doubt will have a positive effect on proceedings. Based on all of that..... the rational mind would fancy Cove.

However, for better or worse, all results are reset; our league record  means nothing, Cove's means nothing. It's a 180 minute fight to the death, which leaves room for luck and errors on the part of players and refs. Jordan Orru and Dougie Brydon should be fit(ter) for play, and See will have had another week or two of recuperation under his belt from his previous match on. Perhaps that makes for a slim straw to grasp, but by jove, we're all reaching for it anyway.

12 minutes ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Defo a tough game for Berwick. Cove striker seems in top form and a lot of good players . 

Surey a home win 1st leg

Can verify that, Mitch Megginson is a player who should be playing at a higher level.

2 hours ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Since the play offs were introduced I've tended to fancy the non league team but with the exception of Edinburgh City it has always been the league team who have come through. Cove have been flying this season and have play off experience but it's difficult to make a comparison/call between Division 2 and Highland League standard.

On 06/05/2019 at 10:21, G_&_T said:

I have also heard there are neds in Berwick who enjoy attacking "Jocks", as they make their way from the stadium to the station. 

Our supporters' bus once got pelted with eggs by a bunch of weans on the way out the car park

Never known such a cauldron of hate :lol:

Edited by Mick1867

4 hours ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Had a look at both squads and it seems cove have the players with more experience in the SPFL tbh?

That fact is made all the worse by the realization that Berwick have been playing in the SPFL for decades including this season, and Cove have.... well, never.

6 hours ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Just looking at odds and cove r 8/13 . 

Berwick haven’t scored a goal in 7 games and cove r flying ???????

Time for the bad run to end. It has to end sooner rather than later. May as well keep the goals for the important matches.