English Premier League 2019-20

Feel for Clyne he was really looking fit and sharp. He’s not had much luck.

From LFC website ... 

Liverpool can confirm Nathaniel Clyne is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after sustaining an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

The defender picked up the issue during the Reds’ friendly with Borussia Dortmund in Notre Dame on Friday. 

He has not travelled with his teammates to New York for the final stop on the club’s United States tour and has instead returned to Melwood to begin his rehabilitation programme.

Jürgen Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “What can I say other than how gutted we all are for Clyney. He was training and playing so well - he was in outstanding shape.

“Clearly an injury of this nature isn’t a happy moment for any player, but the silver lining for him is that, according to the medical guys, it’s a straightforward ACL injury. This means fixing it and coming back from it should follow a path that is free from pitfalls and complications.

“At the moment there isn’t much more to say beyond we’ll all support Clyney in whatever way we can and we look forward to seeing him back on the pitch as soon as responsibly possible. 

“He is such a sound professional and is naturally very fit and strong, so all these things are in his favour.”

Although Clyne is facing a prolonged period out of action, Liverpool’s medical team believe the nature of this specific injury should allow Clyne a straightforward rehabilitation process.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don’t like to see the guy getting (another) bad, long term injury, but he’d have been sat on the bench most of the time or maybe loaned out again?

Possibly BU. Get the feeling Klopp was keen to give him a chance to be involved though although it Clyne who wanted to go out on loan to Bournemouth last season. 

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don’t like to see the guy getting (another) bad, long term injury, but he’d have been sat on the bench most of the time or maybe loaned out again?

Possibly BU. Get the feeling Klopp was keen to give him a chance to be involved though although it Clyne who wanted to go out on loan to Bournemouth last season. 

47 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Fucking hell. If only Arsenal had this much fight on the pitch.

Fair play and f**k messing with Kolasinac! emoji1.png

Ozil looked as if he was going to do something but didn't.

12 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Liverpool getting a lot of stick for attempting to trademark the word Liverpool. City of Liverpool FC describing it as an existential threat.

Did you see they won the Champions League no heard from you since the 1st leg of the semi :D

Been getting a bit of stick for it most of the week. Probably deserved from what I can see. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Did you see they won the Champions League no heard from you since the 1st leg of the semi :D

Been getting a bit of stick for it most of the week. Probably deserved from what I can see. 

You probably forgot that time after the final that I asked you about a Liverpool fan masturbating in a main square in front of thousands of people, violence that was recorded, your laughing off of racism and anti-Semitism as well as refusing to condemn it. You were alright with it, then followed me around desperate for attention and seething about red dots, including dragging up posts I made about Aalborg pumping Celtic nearly ten years ago you perma raging, weirdo creep.

Edited by JMDP

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

You probably forgot that time after the final that I asked you about a Liverpool fan masturbating in a main square in front of thousands of people, violence that was recorded, your laughing off of racism and anti-Semitism as well as refusing to condemn it. You were alright with it, then followed me around desperate for attention and seething about red dots, including dragging up posts I made about Aalborg pumping Celtic nearly ten years ago you perma raging, weirdo creep.

God knows JP come on now it’s time we moved on.

All the best for the new season ... 🍻

On 25/07/2019 at 00:43, 8MileBU said:

Clyne could have been a decent signing for Palace to replace Wan-Bissaka. He started his career at Palace, progressing from the academy to the first team. IIRC Hodgson gave him his first cap. Hope he recovers quickly.

45 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Clyne could have been a decent signing for Palace to replace Wan-Bissaka. He started his career at Palace, progressing from the academy to the first team. IIRC Hodgson gave him his first cap. Hope he recovers quickly.

A £15 million big from Palace was on the table I believe Bish and Liverpool would have accepted it.