English Premier League 2019-20

33 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:
37 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Very happy with Heaton although assume we will get rid of at least one keeper as we have four on the books now.
Pleased to have got Mings, El Ghazi and Hause back. The former was probably overpriced but I'm glad to see him back anyway. We probably haven't had a defender who was so popular with supporters since Mellberg, Laursen... maybe even McGrath. 
Jota seems a sensible gamble, has played under Smith before, has looked good in preseason and enabled us to get the mediocre Gary Gardner off the wage bill. Jota basically cost pennies in Premier League terms anyway. 
Engels looks good, Konza was expensive but looks a great prospect. We shouldn't have the same injury crisis at centre-half that we had last season. 
I'm probably most excited about Douglas Luiz. Having a player that, by all accounts, Guardiola didn't want to sell sounds very promising. I know virtually nothing about Marvelous Nakamba but he has a cool name. 
Guilbert only cost £4 million, and has looked an upgrade on Elmohamady/Hutton based on what I've seen so far. Targett seems solid enough but we may have overpaid... those pesky South Coast clubs know how to fleece us! 
Trezeguet looks a top player, surprised we got him so cheap. Plus I love wingers so hopefully he works out. 
Wesley seems a prospect. A lot depends on him. If he does as well as the last striker we signed from the Belgian League, we'll be fine. If he struggles, we might do likewise. f**k it, he's Brazilian. He's bound to be good! 
I would have liked an extra striker as cover but as we have spent the GDP of a South American country then I can't complain too much. 
Overall, pretty excited. I don't think there has ever been a time before when Villa were the biggest spending team in Britain, maybe in the 1890s!
People will say we have brought in too many new faces but we didn't really have much choice. Not counting the loan players who have returned to us, and ignoring the likes of McCormack who were never gonna play, we have lost Hutton, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Adomah, Whelan and Abraham... and the squad was way too thin last year anyway as evidenced by how we fell to pieces when Grealish got injured. 
Whatever happens, happens. Hoping that this is the first step on the path to global domination but if it goes to shit again... well, I enjoyed the Championship anyway! Haven't been so looking forward to a new season since I was a child. 
Sorry for the long post, but that was quite a few players to get thorough (and I've probably missed a few!) 
I'll take a draw tomorrow, mind!

Get back to bloody work

"Back"? 

6 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I fancy them to do well. They're squad is actually pretty good, I don't think they should have been anywhere near the bottom last year. Benitez had the fans and media wrapped around his finger. He could've taken a shite in the centre circle and Alan Shearer would've still be hailing his "work of miracles".

I'm backing Bruce to do much better than Rafa the fraud.

Just quoting this before it’s deleted mid season. 

33 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Ok then.

You going to give any against the grain predictions, or be a shitebag sniping on the sidelines?

Firmly shitebagging it on the sidelines as always when it comes to predictions fud. Just like to take one game at a time and see how it goes. 

Off to Anfield tonight looking forward to it. Wee mosaic planned to help welcome the Champions home I believe.  

I fancy them to do well. They're squad is actually pretty good, I don't think they should have been anywhere near the bottom last year. Benitez had the fans and media wrapped around his finger. He could've taken a shite in the centre circle and Alan Shearer would've still be hailing his "work of miracles".
I'm backing Bruce to do much better than Rafa the fraud.
They've lost a lot upfront. The players they've signed may well turn out to be decent but it'll take them a while to fit into the team. A bad start to the season and the fans will turn on Bruce.

They've lost a lot upfront. The players they've signed may well turn out to be decent but it'll take them a while to fit into the team. A bad start to the season and the fans will turn on Bruce.

They could win their 1st four games 5-0 and the fans would turn on bruce.

My incorrect Premier League predictions:

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Manchester United
6. Leicester City
7. Chelsea
8. Wolverhampton Wanderers 
9. West Ham United
10. Everton
11. Southampton
12. Bournemouth
13. Watford
14. Brighton & Hove Albion
15. Aston Villa*
16. Burnley
17. Sheffield United
18. Norwich City
19. Newcastle United
20. Crystal Palace

* I still think they might 'do a Fulham' (what a dreadful phrase that is) but BWV has convinced me otherwise for now, which probably shows how little my predictions are based on.