Why do people keep having kids?

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

Same here. Place we're in now was a council house, but we got to buy it at a very good price. As we're on a quiet street, close to everything (schools, supermarket, places of work, town centre etc) it was a no-brainer to buy it.

We both come from working class families and I wonder how young couples & families manage to find affordable homes.

Does you being near everything affect house prices?

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I don’t get what bothers you, a baby at 3 months isn’t a new born baby but is still a baby. Baby girls in China were being discarded because their parents wanted a son instead.

We should've sent you to show them how boys turn out.

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Sure and was not getting at you it's just a saying that always made me question the words used.

Maybe the old born babies would be better swimmers^_^

Water babies.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t get what bothers you, a baby at 3 months isn’t a new born baby but is still a baby. Baby girls in China were being discarded because their parents wanted a son instead.

Why do you have to point out China, this has been happening in a lot country for thousand of years. 

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I visit mine in prison once a month, what more could I do?

You’re a role model to us all 

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yours get picked up? We had 4 overnight last night.

I put new bunk beds up on Monday night, no looking good for me neither 

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Think 2 or 3 is a good number, 4 is good as well if you have a big enough house but I can imagine it starts getting a bit chaotic after that. You should properly evaluate whether or not you can have children at a particular time in your life before firing them out and lots of people do it too young and end up putting a massive strain on grandparents etc which just isn’t right IMO.

I’m also not a big fan of this one child culture that seems to be popular across Europe nowadays, if you’re a couple and only have one child then you haven’t even duplicated let alone multiplied and only children tend to be absolute oddballs as well.

^^^Only-child-type-post,imho

Kids are the most amazing things in the world, so I can understand why people want to keep having them.

And yet you started this thread asking why people keep having kids?

You need to read the sentence that followed.

Arse.

You’ve answered the question that you yourself posed.

Pretty obvious this whole thread has just been to draw attention to the fact you own a 3 bedroom semi-detached ex-council house.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

You’ve answered the question that you yourself posed.

Pretty obvious this whole thread has just been to draw attention to the fact you own a 3 bedroom semi-detached ex-council house.

Aye okay mate.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Big team found, etc. etc.

Your not off it. All the family are Celtic supporters one way r the other, but I moved to Australia when I was 6yo.  Father was not a big football fan, if asked he would say Wimbledon (before the won the FA cup).  In Australia I was introduced to football, cricket & rugby (all playing).

Football teams I played for were Bringelly FC, (green & white), Brisbane City FC & Grange Thistle FC up until I was 10, then moved back to Scotland.  Ended up in Coatbridge, where I was inrolled at the local Catholic School.

My first day, I battered some c**t for taken the pish out my accent and my mother picked me up from the school.  Never to attended again, moved over to the east of Scotland very soon after that and Forfar became my team.  Never stayed in Forfar either, so a bit of a glory hunter....

Sorry to inject a note of seriousness, and going back to the initial post, but some people have little control over their lives.  Sadly more so for women brought up in a male dominated society.

Sorry to inject a note of seriousness, and going back to the initial post, but some people have little control over their lives.  Sadly more so for women brought up in a male dominated society.

Yeah totally agree, more power to their elbow, they might get the scullery floor cleaned in a prompt manner!