~The Sixth Sense~ Hamilton Academical 2019/2020 Thread

Very disappointed with the comments from Neil Lennon, despite the fact that male suicide is on the rise, gambling addiction and mental problems stemming from this are ALSO on the rise, he seems to think it's acceptable to have gambling advertisements everywhere within Scottish Football because "for some people it's an addiction,  but betting companies put alot into the game for the right reason"   talk about embarrassing yourself, the right reason being THEY MAKE BILLIONS PER  YEAR?! Not to help the game of football grow, they will spit out "Gamble responsibly" dont "impulse bet" then 30 seconds later you'll be treated to an ad with a live in play odd?! 
Gambling addiction destroys lives, the fact Lennon has been so flippant about it has really grated me, I tend to not give opinions on other teams on this, he has however outed himself as MASSIVELY short sighted and an embarrassment. 

14 hours ago, JudgeFlash said:

Very disappointed with the comments from Neil Lennon, despite the fact that male suicide is on the rise, gambling addiction and mental problems stemming from this are ALSO on the rise, he seems to think it's acceptable to have gambling advertisements everywhere within Scottish Football because "for some people it's an addiction,  but betting companies put alot into the game for the right reason"   talk about embarrassing yourself, the right reason being THEY MAKE BILLIONS PER  YEAR?! Not to help the game of football grow, they will spit out "Gamble responsibly" dont "impulse bet" then 30 seconds later you'll be treated to an ad with a live in play odd?! 
Gambling addiction destroys lives, the fact Lennon has been so flippant about it has really grated me, I tend to not give opinions on other teams on this, he has however outed himself as MASSIVELY short sighted and an embarrassment. 

And who sponser Celtic's strip?  Just Neilly being a good little Shill.

Oh brilliant Hearts have beaten Rangers so think that means we are only one point in front - we are well and truly screwed - I honestly can’t see us surviving now
Really need to be beating St Mirren in the midweek game but can't see it. Next Sunday will be a cricket score.

8 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Oh brilliant Hearts have beaten Rangers so think that means we are only one point in front - we are well and truly screwed - I honestly can’t see us surviving now

Signing Boyce was a game changer. A club like Hearts can pull that signing off, there's really no comparison. We still have St Mirren, County, Killie and Perth Saints to play probably twice. And a home game against Aberdeen should hold no fears.

8 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Signing Boyce was a game changer. A club like Hearts can pull that signing off, there's really no comparison. We still have St Mirren, County, Killie and Perth Saints to play probably twice. And a home game against Aberdeen should hold no fears.

He had an excellent debut but I'd argue that Sibbick was more impressive.

Said in the relegation thread that is down even before the Hearts result today. Every other result has went against us this week and we got pumped off a team we should be looking to beat at home. So many problems have caused it this season.

Rice trying to settle for draws while other managers make changes to try and win the game.

No cover at either full back.

A goalkeeper who got chased out a championship side, who couldn’t catch coronavirus in a Beijing hospital.

No creative midfielder.

No experienced out and out centre half.

2 awful and 1 unfit and finished strikers.

Countless injuries exposing how weak our team is outside of the first 11.

Losing countless points after going ahead.

Giving teams on awful runs of form (St Mirren and St Johnstone) hope.

But it’s all ok we nearly got a draw at park head.

The only positives on the season have been finding out Gogic will be an ok replacement for MacKinnon.

Then watching Mickel Millers performances when he decided to actually start playing, should get himself a decent move at the end of the season all the best to him.

Recruitment's obviously been awful: three signings have been decent (and now one of them is away), Collar's been fine mostly, Gourlay gets a pass because he wasn't signed to play, and the other eight summer signings have been poor to disastrous. It's too early for Dales and Woods, but based on a tiny sample size, I'm not convinced. 

Players like Beck, Cunningham, Hughes, Fon Williams, McKenna and Want shouldn't be getting as many Premiership minutes (i.e. at all) as they have, and Alston and our strikers could do a job as squad players in the top flight, but they're key players for us. 

That's all before we mention Rice's inability to organise a team properly unless we're down to 10 or against the OF, and how unimaginative he is in attacking play beyond a basic plan. 

What's most annoying is the fact that it's the same as before and will be the same after - we're an existential crisis of a club. 

"Losing countless points after going ahead".

We've also came from behind to beat Livingston and Motherwell and were behind twice at Tynecastle and got a point.

Just watching the highlights confirms what I thought at the game. OFW blameless for the second and, what I didn't see, a deflection takes it away from him at the fourth.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Recruitment's obviously been awful: three signings have been decent (and now one of them is away), Collar's been fine mostly, Gourlay gets a pass because he wasn't signed to play, and the other eight summer signings have been poor to disastrous. It's too early for Dales and Woods, but based on a tiny sample size, I'm not convinced. 

Players like Beck, Cunningham, Hughes, Fon Williams, McKenna and Want shouldn't be getting as many Premiership minutes (i.e. at all) as they have, and Alston and our strikers could do a job as squad players in the top flight, but they're key players for us. 

That's all before we mention Rice's inability to organise a team properly unless we're down to 10 or against the OF, and how unimaginative he is in attacking play beyond a basic plan. 

What's most annoying is the fact that it's the same as before and will be the same after - we're an existential crisis of a club. 

Agree with most of this, except I think Want *Should have* been playing alongside an experienced CB for the past 2 seasons and we could've had a more complete player right now, instead of investing in someone that's played American COLLEGE SOCCCCCERBALL in Fjortoft. Waste of resources. 

As others have stated, the clubs philosophy of chucking enough shit at the wall and hoping it sticks very rarely comes to fruition. A few experienced journeymen surrounding some of the young raw talent we have such as Lewis, would work wonders for the club. 

When Rice was brought in and claimed he would change the way the club played, we have sadly only seen flickers of this, I've never seen a club be such Jekyle and Hyde over 2 halves as often as Accies. Really frustrating, as I think we are only 3-4 signings off being able to climb up a couple of places.