Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

A real shame for Scottish Football - after a good couple of years, results like this really do set our game back and do us absolutely no favours from an external point of view.  

A true embarrassment.  Connah's Quay Nomads are genuinely a team I have never heard of before from a genuine part-time pub league and it is a disgrace that our 3rd placed professional team has lost to them over two legs.  That has to trump Hearts losing to the Maltese team/Rangers losing to Progres as being our worst ever result in Europe.    

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

A real shame for Scottish Football - after a good couple of years, results like this really do set our game back and do us absolutely no favours from an external point of view.  

A true embarrassment.  Connah's Quay Nomads are genuinely a team I have never heard of before from a genuine part-time pub league and it is a disgrace that our 3rd placed professional team has lost to them over two legs.  That has to trump Hearts losing to the Maltese team/Rangers losing to Progres as being our worst ever result in Europe.    

I get the feeling that Hibs fans are really relieved about last night's result. As if we'll forget your humiliation.

Nope.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 19/06/2019 at 09:38, killiefan27 said:

I'll be raging if the European tour is Rhyl and Wolverhampton

Just now, ali_91 said:

Anyone saying this is an embarrassment for Scottish football are miles off the mark. It doesn’t show ‘how far Scottish football has fallen,’ or anything of the sort. Kilmarnock are obviously a much better side than Connah’s Quay’s, as are every side in the top division, but Cup upsets happen. When Bradford best Chelsea on their own patch after being two goals down, it didn’t reflect badly on the top flight in England, everyone saw it as it was, a fluke result and an absolute minter for Chelsea. 

Reactionary drivel from fans of teams like Dunfermline who seem desperate to degrade the top flight at every opportunity, because they can’t get a sniff of getting near it. 

its an embarrassment for scottish football.

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did we hear “embarrassing for Scottish football” after the joys of Progres?

Did we hear “embarrassing for Scottish football” after the joy of Lincoln Red Imps?

No we did not so don’t lets start this shit now.

we did hear that though

39 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

This. The mighty Dons are also regularly pumped out in the qualifying rounds by teams from the likes of football powerhouse countries such as Macedonia, Cyprus and Kazahkstan. Diddies.

I wanted Kilmarnock to win last night as I thought there was a fair chance they'd give a Partizan a game.

As for the point above, we knocked out Shkendija (the Macedonians), but it was tight and they were decent.

Apollon Limassol (Cyp) were full of S.Americans, Iberians and Balkan players - and if you check their European results in recent times, you'll see they are regular group stage qualifiers.

Kairat Almaty (Kaz) were from a city of 1.5M and had a fortune behind them and had the Ivorian Govou and Tymoschuk ex-Ukraine captain on $25K a week when we played them and signed Arshavin shortly after.  They had pumped Red Star Belgrade 5-1 on agg in a prior round, and only lost on away goals to Bordeaux the round after.

These are not comparable with this result against a Welsh league side - our two biggest shockers (Skonto and Bohemians) come closer, as does the utter ragdolling McGhee put us through against Sigma Olomouc.

I would say only Sevco v Progres and Hearts v Birkirkara possibly matches this for a horror result - are the players not buying into Alessio's ways after being spoiled with Clarke?

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I wanted Kilmarnock to win last night as I thought there was a fair chance they'd give a Partizan a game.

As for the point above, we knocked out Shkendija (the Macedonians), but it was tight and they were decent.

Apollon Limassol were full of S.Americans, Iberians and Balkan players - and if you check their Europoean results in recent times, you'll see they are regular group stage qualifiers.

Kairat Almaty were from a city of 1.5M and had a fortune behind them and had the Ivorian Govou and Tymoschuk ex-Ukraine captain on $25K a week when we played them and signed Arshavin shortly after.  They had pumped Red Star Belgrade 5-1 on agg before we played them, and only lost on away goals to Bordeaux the round after.

These are not comparable with this result against a Welsh league side - our two biggest shockers (Skonto and Bohemians) come closer, as does the utter ragdolling McGhee put us through against Sigma Olomouc.

I would say only Sevco v Progres and Hearts v Birkirkara possibly matches this for a horror result - are the players not buying into Alessio's ways after being spoiled with Clarke?

The only side that have knocked us out under Mcinnes that I've felt we really should have beaten is Maribor.

10 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

That is the worst result for a Scottish team in Europe ever. Unquestionably. 

I have to agree 100% with this and said so last night.  We deserve all the slagging we get after it. 

I am mortified after that result last night and can't believe how the feel good factor can be lost so easily and so quickly.  The Steve Clarke legacy wiped out in 180 minutes. 

Whatever, I will have a nice day out in Belgrade a fortnight today along with my father but after the ticket disgrace for Rhyl we still won't have been able to see Killie in Europe together and now doubt we ever will, as he is in his 80s. 

The players and the management should hold their heads in shame after that 'performance'.

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

its an embarrassment for scottish football.

Nah - as someone has said in the last couple of years Connah's Quay have scraped past Queens Park with 2 late goals, beat Edinburgh on penalties and lost to Dumbarton and an under strength Ross County in competitive matches.   This one is all on Killie.  Get it right up them I say!

I doubt the vast majority of foreign fans checking the results have ever heard of either side this morning so the result will hardly even have registered outside the UK 

Just now, ali_91 said:

No problem for you if it was, considering you ‘support,’ Liverpool, you absolute wrong’un. 

hardly a shock when half my family are from there is it? but unlike others born in scotland i don't pretend to be another nationality and support ireland and NI.

but back to the main point after it is an embarrassment , over two legs the team finishing 3rd should not be losing to a welsh side. i want most scottish teams to do well , it terrible seeing the constant failure and excuses.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Nah - as someone has said in the last couple of years Connah's Quay have scraped past Queens Park with 2 late goals, beat Edinburgh on penalties and lost to Dumbarton and an under strength Ross County in competitive matches.   This one is all on Killie.  Get it right up them I say!

I doubt the vast majority of foreign fans checking the results have ever heard of either side this morning so the result will hardly even have registered outside the UK 

i agree no one will care or even know but i'd like to see our teams do better.

Archived