New set up for next season

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Apparently... clubs agreed the home side will now be responsible for paying all the match officials (i.e. both assistants), but there was no adjustment to the home club retaining the gate in cup-ties.

Glenrothes finished above Kinnoull in the East Juniors so on paper Glenrothes would have been in Conference A and Kinnoull in Conference B had this happened earlier.

In the circumstances it's perhaps doubtful that would be done now rather than Kinnoull simply taking-over Eyemouth's fixtures, but who knows.

Otherwise nothing is different to before. You've still got 24 clubs in the First Division, you'll still have 12 clubs in each conference with each club having 17 home & 17 away games, 12/12 and 6/6.

Another victim of this shambles NB - like Bonnyrigg and Whitehill.

I meant for qualification for next season

Folks apologies if I’ve missed it above but do Kinnoull simply replace Eyemouth in their Conference? Also do they replace Eyemouth in the Challenge Cup draw at home to Spartans? 

16 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Folks apologies if I’ve missed it above but do Kinnoull simply replace Eyemouth in their Conference? Also do they replace Eyemouth in the Challenge Cup draw at home to Spartans? 

They replace them in conference A, I've seen that confirmed.

I would hope they replace them in the challenge cup but as that's a joint league competition that may not be confirmed as yet.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They replace them in conference A, I've seen that confirmed.

I would hope they replace them in the challenge cup but as that's a joint league competition that may not be confirmed as yet.

Good stuff thank you ! 

Shambles must be the only league where home team in cup ties keep the gate money.
If the clubs were that fussy they could have put a motion to the AGM to change it, clearly no-one did.

IS that all you ever go on about. Everytime you appear seems to be about that never see you talk about football or anything else?
It's called professional football for a reason end o chat

1 hour ago, buboy said:

Shambles must be the only league where home team in cup ties keep the gate money.

Actually it occurs in every league in the pyramid, except in SPFL and some (but not all) HL competitions. Clearly the overall rule was looked at: as said I understand the clubs agreed to remove the away team paying for an assistant, which was daft.

1 hour ago, buboy said:

It's called professional football for a reason end o chat

It's also a democracy. In EOSL it only takes 2 clubs to propose an amendment and everyone bar Glenrothes (and now Kinnoull) can vote.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Clearly Eyemouth having managerial and social media problems.

Hee haw on their website or FB page about not competing next year.

Aye, no excuse for that imo, I personally haven’t seen any of the usual negative comments you sometimes get, everyone has been sympathetic and understanding but nothing via twitter or FB. Not even about  the AGM, which I believe is in an hours time 

Tbf - Eyemouth's website and social media tended to be very much about the kids teams, IIRC?

It's very sad to see them fold - especially having managed to weather such an unusually hard season. Great tradition down there... Scottish Cup QF and all that... and been upgrading the park.

Hopefully they can return in 12 months but it's difficult to restart after a year in the cold. Duns and Kelso both had that hope and neither managed it. I think Wigtown's the only senior team to successfully bounce-back after 1yr.

Years ago I had a thread called "What's going wrong with Borders football?"/similar but it seems to have been culled. Maybe it needs restarted.

In only 4yrs that's Kelso, Duns, Selkirk (granted for different reasons) and Eyemouth gone belly-up. In the last decade I think the only other senior club to have failed is Fleet Star. Berwick relegated from SPFL2. Hawick relegated from LL.

Admittedly unique circumstances connected with history, demographics, amateurs, rugby, etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Apologies if there’s a perfectly good reason I’ve missed but just a query as an interested outsider looking in...

...is there a reason they didn’t just use last years final league placings to form a 1st and 2nd Div, as they did a premier?  

24 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Apologies if there’s a perfectly good reason I’ve missed but just a query as an interested outsider looking in...

...is there a reason they didn’t just use last years final league placings to form a 1st and 2nd Div, as they did a premier?  

Unlikely there'd have been support for that as it would've entailed some clubs going straight from tier 6 into tier 8. It was only ever the case that top 5s (plus top-ups) would form Premier and the rest would form a First Division. There are also alternative models e.g. North & South divisions, or conferences as apply next season.

It would also have been impossible to set a precise line... e.g. top 10s... as you might not have had enough clubs left for a proper Second Division and wouldn't know how many clubs might join.

Edited by HibeeJibee

30 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Exactly what i was thinking.

I presume they didn't want to relegate clubs who finished in positions 10-13 in each conference two tiers in one go.

Tbf - Eyemouth's website and social media tended to be very much about the kids teams, IIRC?

It's very sad to see them fold - especially having managed to weather such an unusually hard season. Great tradition down there... Scottish Cup QF and all that... and been upgrading the park.

Hopefully they can return in 12 months but it's difficult to restart after a year in the cold. Duns and Kelso both had that hope and neither managed it. I think Wigtown's the only senior team to successfully bounce-back after 1yr.

Years ago I had a thread called "What's going wrong with Borders football?"/similar but it seems to have been culled. Maybe it needs restarted.

In only 4yrs that's Kelso, Duns, Selkirk (granted for different reasons) and Eyemouth gone belly-up. In the last decade I think the only other senior club to have failed is Fleet Star. Berwick relegated from SPFL2. Hawick relegated from LL.

Admittedly unique circumstances connected with history, demographics, amateurs, rugby, etc.
Crichton of the SOS folded in 2016 & merged into Lochmaben. Also not this decade but Stranraer Athletic called it quits in 2008

Exactly what i was thinking.
I presume they didn't want to relegate clubs who finished in positions 10-13 in each conference two tiers in one go.
I think it's more to do with the fact they didn't state that up front. Many of those teams were probably comfortable with a transition year knowing they would be in Teir 7 for next year and could plan appropriately without chasing last season.

Not everyone will have aimed for a top 6 finish like say Crossgates did for example (and fair play to them, that was their right and they did brilliantly), but equally had teams known in advance they would have dropped 2 league's for finishing in a certain position they would likely have planned "differently". Couldn't decide that after the session has started.

Also going straight to Teir 8 would have been less appealing for new applicants, who you still want it to be an attractive proposition to.

All in all, I think most people would say the EoS have got it spot on. Premier League looks brilliant, conferences look brilliant, everything is clear and well thought out and teams, as we can see on their social media, are planning appropriately.

I think it's more to do with the fact they didn't state that up front. Many of those teams were probably comfortable with a transition year knowing they would be in Teir 7 for next year and could plan appropriately without chasing last season.

Not everyone will have aimed for a top 6 finish like say Crossgates did for example (and fair play to them, that was their right and they did brilliantly), but equally had teams known in advance they would have dropped 2 league's for finishing in a certain position they would likely have planned "differently". Couldn't decide that after the session has started.

Also going straight to Teir 8 would have been less appealing for new applicants, who you still want it to be an attractive proposition to.

All in all, I think most people would say the EoS have got it spot on. Premier League looks brilliant, conferences look brilliant, everything is clear and well thought out and teams, as we can see on their social media, are planning appropriately.
Agree, but I do think we need to go into next season knowing what the plan is for 2020-21