The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Fair play, they don't mess about with having things happen if they feel they need to happen.  WWE are now so conditioned into the 4-weeks-of-tv-then-a-ppv cycle that even now RAW and Smackdown are doing better, there's still no real reason to tune in each week given they'll do a great job of recapping once we get to the show.  AEW are doing it completely differently and making the fair enough point that if it makes sense to do it now, we do it now.  It doesn't always work, for me, as I think the Jungle Boy stuff is moving a bit too quick, but this one makes complete sense, and it's shaping up to be yet another must-see episode of Dynamite.  Thought the "pull-apart" looked a bit shit, but the promos leading up to it showed just how good Punk is in these kinds of situations.  

Can only imagine that they've got something else big planned for All Out that may be set in motion next week, doesn't seem their style to go to a draw or anything like that just to kick things along the line.  

46 minutes ago, forameus said:

Can only imagine that they've got something else big planned for All Out that may be set in motion next week, doesn't seem their style to go to a draw or anything like that just to kick things along the line.  

MJF-based shenanigans to f**k Punk over?

If there was a time for him to come back, it seems like it'd be then, especially as Punk seemed to be getting positioned that way before he decided to f**k his foot up.  Hard to see where else they go if it isn't him on such short notice

Was it just me or did Punk look a lot bigger around the shoulders last night? He definitely looked bulked up a bit.

Also think this might be the start of a Punk heel turn. The bizarre calling out out of Adam Page which was apparently not at all planned and the fact that the Blackpool Combat Club are pretty much universally loved right now to the point they couldn't even turn Bryan heel for more than a couple of weeks.

Punk is a natural p***k though.

Real or not. If we're getting a heel Punk as champion he has tee'd up his next set of challengers. Hangman rematch, Eddie, and down the road MJF might be lurking.

It could be really weird if the Pinnacle members, even if no longer together as a group, end up being 4 of the biggest babyfaces in the company.

Just watched that Moxley fight that's trending on Twitter.

Fucking hell. Putting the guy in his sleeperhold and the guy is pretending to masturbate and then having a 'kiss off' instead of a punch off. Absolutely bizarre.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just watched that Moxley fight that's trending on Twitter.

Fucking hell. Putting the guy in his sleeperhold and the guy is pretending to masturbate and then having a 'kiss off' instead of a punch off. Absolutely bizarre.

What is this?

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What is this?

Match against Effy from GCW at a guess.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See there's a lot of talk CM Punk might quit, loads of legit heat backstage and worries he was going to no-show.

If I didn't know any better, I'd be saying AEW want him to be booed.

I'm just glad I never lived with this during the Bret Hart / Shawn Michaels backstage drama. I just had to deal with the weeks old snippets in Powerslam. Not the 24/7 gossiping over what's real and what's fake.

That was some pop for Omega, given he was the biggest heel when he left. He looks well off the pace at the moment so a trio's run with the Bucks should do until he's fit enough.

On Punk / Moxley I just realised that Spears has been off air this entire time along with MJF. I've seen a few rumours that he is due back on air soon, so I can see him causing a DQ setting up a 3 way for the PPV. Im all for an MJF run, heel punk as they look to ramp up the viewing numbers ahead of the new TV deal