The AEW Thread

TheGoon

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The baby oil nonsense? Aye, brutal. Would be shite to wrestle him and then be covered in it.

The only good thing to come of that was the Matt Sydal "angle". That was funny. The rest of it was cringeworthy shite and the less of that on TV, the better. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Who have they attempted to hold back though? I’m not a massive Elite fan, but there hasn’t really been anything negative said about them from anyone that’s departed/on the roster that I can mind 

FTR & numerous rumours in PWG.

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Who have they attempted to hold back though? I’m not a massive Elite fan, but there hasn’t really been anything negative said about them from anyone that’s departed/on the roster that I can mind 

Perhaps not so much 'holding him back' but Cody Rhodes' relationship with them was strained to the point that there were mumblings they weren't even on speaking terms with him for the last year or so. They clearly had different outlooks from early doors.

Listen from 21:30 onwards here too. Cornette/Last are obviously being told more than they want to share (as it's not their place to do so) but he nearly slips up and clearly Brian Last telling him to can it.

Before Daniels, Nakazawa, the Bucks, Omega, Pat Buck and Cutler have been suspended, that sounds like a potential 7-on-1 going into Punk's room. The stuff about Megha is insane. If she spoke to the Bucks, went and took Punk's dog to safety and THEN the bucks etc went into Punk's room, surely to f**k she knew what was away to happen.  Talent relations chief getting suspended for fighting isn't a great look either. 

That's utter cowardice going in 7 on 1 FFS.

If it isn't a work, Tony Khan better be working his fucking arse off trying to make it one if only for the fact that it seems it could be an absolute gold mine.

8 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Before Daniels, Nakazawa, the Bucks, Omega, Pat Buck and Cutler have been suspended, that sounds like a potential 7-on-1 going into Punk's room. The stuff about Megha is insane. If she spoke to the Bucks, went and took Punk's dog to safety and THEN the bucks etc went into Punk's room, surely to f**k she knew what was away to happen.  Talent relations chief getting suspended for fighting isn't a great look either. 

I mean, she is a Legal Officer. I'd say there's a more likely scenario she was advising the parties to step back and not get involved in this way as she'd likely know what would happen if it escalated.

Whether they choose to do anything with that advice or not is on them. Either way, if Punk gets fired and these stories are all legit and correct, this will go to the courts.

45 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

People have been suspended because there's a 3rd Party investigation going on and we've already seeen two sides of the story. It's something that has potential legal ramifications on AEW. While people took that to mean assault charges. The actual concern is if any of people get litigious depending on what actions get taken.

4 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Because they are very, very good at getting their versions of stories leaked to the right places and spread exponentially. 

If you go down that route. It's weird some of the names that came today weren't more public the past two days. 

Could two contract Cutler and former Dark Order mole have been one the sources on what happened? I'm half kidding because I'm not that bothered what happens here. 

More sorry to see Malakai depart.