The AEW Thread

TheGoon

That was so dumb but I actually didn’t hate it :lol: Nakazawa is the man. 

The pre-show, outside of the opening match, was a disaster though. That has to turn lapsed fans right off.

The 6 man was...good? I just felt the transitions weren’t very smooth and a lot of it relied on really elaborate setups which took me out of it a bit. Also didn’t care for the video game bullshit either. 

Laredo Kid is the shit though.

Doing a Tekken move. I mean I get this is at some gaming convention but how can the wider audience get invested in that? Felt the same just a contrived spot fest really.

Pretty poor stuff on the whole.

Enjoyed the show, some really solid stuff throughout. Weaker than Double or Nothing on the whole, but probably expected. For a free/cheap show I don’t think there can be many complaints. A good showcase for many and further development of some key characters. MJF & Jungle Boy should be at the heart of AEW and thankfully it looks like they will be. 

Fight for the Fallen should feel closer to DON, only two weeks away too.

Guest bernardblack
That chair shot was brutal. Not comfortable with that.

It was unnecessary and uncomfortable, gimmicked chair or not.

The apron bump was rank too.

Poor show all round

The chair shot was more of a glancing blow. Probably deliberate to open up the cut. Quite a smart idea tbh. Like when Lesnar hits folk with glancing blows to make the same effect.

For the stick the idea of JR being a commentator got, I thought he was brilliant at Fyter Fest.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Should be a decent show on Saturday. Not confirmed yet but it's looking like we'll see Bea Priestley vs Britt Baker which is a championship calibre match up tbh.

Looking forward to it. Feel like there’s been much less buzz/hype about this show though, maybe it’s just because of the shorter period between it and Fyter Fest.

20 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I assume that's another win a match to win a match to get a bye?

Not even sure. I notice the PPV’s only on Fite here and not ITV, they’re not even carrying the Buy In which is strange. 

(Saying that, given the last two and the fact Sonny Kiss vs Peter Avalon’s been added to Saturday’s I can’t say I blame them) 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Not even sure. I notice the PPV’s only on Fite here and not ITV, they’re not even carrying the Buy In which is strange. 

(Saying that, given the last two and the fact Sonny Kiss vs Peter Avalon’s been added to Saturday’s I can’t say I blame them) 

Fair enough. And Bea vs Britt might not be happening as it appears TJP champ Shoko Nakajima has been signed and will feature on Saturday as well.