The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

However, it is also true that he has managed them during the easiest time possible - Rangers out the league, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd all relegated. Plus he had Ronnie's Celtic for a couple of years. You 'can only beat what is in front of you' so it is not a criticism, but to not finish 2nd or 3rd over the previous few years would have been awful. With most of those teams now back in the league, and a competitive Kilmarnock side (albeit briefly) we are seeing/will see what his record would have been like if he had had more competition in the last few years.

This is thrown at us a lot.

Hearts came up and were swatted away, Dundee United were around for plenty of time and were swatted away, the greatest Hibs team of a generation with John Mcginn came up, competed and were swatted away. We finished above a Rangers team with multiple times our budget, twice.

Then people say 'aye but they weren't very good'. At what point does he get any credit?

Also your point on trophies doesn't really work either, have those sides you referenced regularly made semi finals/finals of cup competitions? Would any of them have beaten Celtic where we failed?

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I love how you just invent stuff for your own benefit. Richard Gordon didn’t actually say what you have in your quotation marks, however he did say that Rangers cruised through to the next round. Does that make you feel better?

It's the kind of mindset that leads an OF fan to believe the media has an agenda against them. It's very weird and young Tav will hopefully grow up soon.

It's the kind of mindset that leads an OF fan to believe the media has an agenda against them. It's very weird and young Tav will hopefully grow up soon.
Thats the second person you've accused of being under 18 or young because of what they have posted in the past hour.

It's as pathetic as it is worrying.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't believe the media has an agenda against us. I do believe, in fact know, that Richard Gordon is a Don and is bad at hiding it when he's hurting though. It's funny.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re doing a grand job. You’ve got Romeo writing posts that don’t say “boo” or “greatest manager since Ferguson”. Keep up the good work.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You say that ”there was immediate and vast improvement in year one and since then we have not improved at all” and then you go on to say “Improvement doesn’t mean winning the league but improving points total year on year does”. Do you realise that the points total in year one was the lowest in his tenure until last season when we got one point less? 

Points went up

Points went down

Points went up

Points went down

Points went down again

the key phrase is year on year, I think.  As well you know

Just now, TavTastic said:

I don't believe the media has an agenda against us. I do believe, in fact know, that Richard Gordon is a Don and is bad at hiding it when he's hurting though. It's funny.

You think that Richard Gordon tries to hide the fact he’s an Aberdeen supporter? Really?

2 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

So your point is RIchard Gordon is an Aberdeen fan, fair enough.

Have you considered a career in journalism?

40 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That's not what I sad though, is it?

Have another wee read of the post and get back to me. There's a good lad.

We get it, you got knocked out of the Champions League.

2 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Points went up

Points went down

Points went up

Points went down

Points went down again

the key phrase is year on year, I think.  As well you know

Ok, not year on year, I’ll give you that. But what about your point that since year one we haven’t improved at all?

11 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I'm sure most reporters, commentators have an allegiance somewhere and sometime sit shows. A true professional will not let it get to them, if it does, so what, he's letting his emotions run.  I wouldn't say any media in particular has an agenda but it depends whose working at that time. 

In regards to Aberdeen being put out last night, did most expect to go through after being drawn against Rijeka ?

At the time of the draw UEFA put the Croations over 100 places better ranked than Aberdeen.
I knew this but we obviously letting my heart rule my head, hoping for them to get through but really didn't think they would.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Just now, kingjoey said:

Ok, not year on year, I’ll give you that. But what about your point that since year one we haven’t improved at all?

The first few years (with players recruited pre-McInnes particularly Hayes & McGinn, ) we improved, no question.

The last couple of years? Last season especially? Do you think the football AFC played was an improvement of 2013/14 - 2016/17?

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

In regards to Aberdeen being put out last night, did most expect to go through after being drawn against Rijeka ?

With Rijeka/Gent as their draws they had their best chance in a while of making the group stages. Never going to be easy and probably had a less than 15% chance of making the group stages but to go down like they did last night was under-performing expectations in a big way.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Go on man, prove me wrong. Nothing says 'berk' more than 'lol' response.

No one, not even the WU merchants like McGee, Romeo, Bigmouth has ever suggested that we are "only slightly" improved compared to McGhee's disasters. You're wrong. LoL

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

With Rijeka/Gent as their draws they had their best chance in a while of making the group stages. Never going to be easy and probably had a less than 15% chance of making the group stages but to go down like they did last night was under-performing expectations in a big way.

Going out to Rijeka is not embarrassing but we were abject last night, really bad. Some serious introspection required. 

2 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

No one, not even the WU merchants like McGee, Romeo, Bigmouth has ever suggested that we are "only slightly" improved compared to McGhee's disasters. You're wrong. LoL

So what is your point then? 

ETA - I'm aware of the 'at least it's not Mcghee' trope that is thrown out by the anti Mcinnes mob as the happy clapper mantra, but it really doesn't hold any weight.

Edited by Dons_1988