Caledonian AFL All Chat

Boab17

The Dunipace vs Drumchapel fixture that caused the original problem is to be replayed. If Dunipace win, Westerlands go up; if Drum win, Drum go up; if it’s a draw, Westerlands go up. 

I also heard from someone who plays for a SPAFA side that the Caley 21s won’t be running next season due to ‘shambolic mismanagement and poor organisation’. 

13 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

The Dunipace vs Drumchapel fixture that caused the original problem is to be replayed. If Dunipace win, Westerlands go up; if Drum win, Drum go up; if it’s a draw, Westerlands go up. 

I also heard from someone who plays for a SPAFA side that the Caley 21s won’t be running next season due to ‘shambolic mismanagement and poor organisation’. 

How can they play now the registrations have all lapsed and the clubs won’t have the same players available. 

16 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

When is the game getting played? Both teams have been inactive for weeks now. A bit of a mess all around.

I believe it's getting played the Saturday before the league starts (3rd of August). SAFA had the final say at Hampden, it went beyond the Caley League's Committee.

11 hours ago, Gazzah said:

How can they play now the registrations have all lapsed and the clubs won’t have the same players available. 

This is another problem because both teams have lost players who will now be registered with EoS and WoS teams, whose seasons will be well underway by that point. It is also unfair to use this coming season's registrations.

Factoring in the new Comet system, it's an almighty disaster. 

Precedent set when unfinished national cups from Covid were played to a finish the following season with wildly different squads. Ridiculous really.

Dunipace fielded an ineligible player, why is it not the standard 3-0 forfeit?

15 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Precedent set when unfinished national cups from Covid were played to a finish the following season with wildly different squads. Ridiculous really.

Dunipace fielded an ineligible player, why is it not the standard 3-0 forfeit?

Something to do with a glitch in the registration system that showed the player was eligible to play - not flagging up that he had played in the WoS after the March deadline. I believe the Caley followed that path of awarding the Drum the points and deducting them from Dunipace, but Westerlands protested and it went to Hampden, who then decided the fixture was to be relisted. Those details might be a bit sketchy as they were heard from somebody from Glasgow Uni's 3s (who play in the GGPL) - Glasgow Uni have links to Westerlands, hence the reasonable trust in the info.

1 hour ago, Brad Bobley said:

Something to do with a glitch in the registration system that showed the player was eligible to play - not flagging up that he had played in the WoS after the March deadline. I believe the Caley followed that path of awarding the Drum the points and deducting them from Dunipace, but Westerlands protested and it went to Hampden, who then decided the fixture was to be relisted. Those details might be a bit sketchy as they were heard from somebody from Glasgow Uni's 3s (who play in the GGPL) - Glasgow Uni have links to Westerlands, hence the reasonable trust in the info.

In this instance it's not really the fault of Dunipace, if they went through the proper channels.

It will be a very interesting playoff game. It will be like a Cup Final for Drumchapel, and Dunipace have nothing to play for except stop Drumchapel getting up?

1 hour ago, Brad Bobley said:

Your info appears spot on. Got told the same thing by a Westerland player. League Committee followed the rules as laid out but Hampden overuled. Dunipace done nothing wrong, just glitch in system.  Interesting that Dunipace could now play the guy that shouldn't have played and caused the replay in the rearranged game 🤣

5 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

In this instance it's not really the fault of Dunipace, if they went through the proper channels.

It will be a very interesting playoff game. It will be like a Cup Final for Drumchapel, and Dunipace have nothing to play for except stop Drumchapel getting up?

Exactly that.

5 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Your info appears spot on. Got told the same thing by a Westerland player. League Committee followed the rules as laid out but Hampden overuled. Dunipace done nothing wrong, just glitch in system.  Interesting that Dunipace could now play the guy that shouldn't have played and caused the replay in the rearranged game 🤣

I understand he's signed with an EoS team from West Lothian (my guess is Blackburn Utd, Whitburn or Armadale), or else that would've been incredibly entertaining!

Dunipace v Drumchapel

Glitch in the system   Ha Ha Ha .......how ironic the Drum left the cally years ago due to disagreement with an executive decision

10 years later they return to the cally and they get a decision in their favour only to be reveserved on appeal 

could be a very interesting game though the easier answer would be just to promote 3 teams from the lower division and go with 13 & 15 not perfect I agree

1 hour ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Dunipace v Drumchapel

Glitch in the system   Ha Ha Ha .......how ironic the Drum left the cally years ago due to disagreement with an executive decision

10 years later they return to the cally and they get a decision in their favour only to be reveserved on appeal 

could be a very interesting game though the easier answer would be just to promote 3 teams from the lower division and go with 13 & 15 not perfect I agree

Looks like Auld Yin Wae Knowledge has been rumbled. Heard the Caley League are raging that he was on P&B a week before the appeal posting that Westerlands will get promoted, Dunipace played a player they shouldn't have etc. All very well and good unless Auld Yin Wae Knowledge happened to be a member of the Appeals Panel the next week 😮 Looks like the Auld Yin has pre judged the case and going by his post tonight really shouldn't be anywhere near any Caley League cases when he is definitely NOT impartial.

10 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Dunipace v Drumchapel

If it wasn’t a glitch in the system, then what was it? AFAIK, the registration system showed he was eligible to play for Dunipace and the Drum only knew of his ‘ineligibility’ due to knowing the boy personally and understanding he had played for Kirky RR after the deadline. Dunipace a bit negligent at worst, but they went through the correct channels. 
Drum obviously know somebody who has access to player passports in the WoS, which is how it came to light. 

9 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Looks like Auld Yin Wae Knowledge has been rumbled. Heard the Caley League are raging that he was on P&B a week before the appeal posting that Westerlands will get promoted, Dunipace played a player they shouldn't have etc. All very well and good unless Auld Yin Wae Knowledge happened to be a member of the Appeals Panel the next week 😮 Looks like the Auld Yin has pre judged the case and going by his post tonight really shouldn't be anywhere near any Caley League cases when he is definitely NOT impartial.

If this is true its bang out of order. For someone to be judging the case announcing the decision on social media the week before he hears the case, stinks to high heaven. I know we all come on here and throw our thoughts about and we can have an allegiance to a team, league etc but if you are in a position where you're judging serious matters you should be impartial. A quick look through Auld Yins post shows he is anything but. Are Hampden taking this up??

I take it this game is the reason the calie league havnt updated the website with their divisions for next year most associations have already updated websites to 24/25 seasons.  

10 hours ago, Gazzah said:

I take it this game is the reason the calie league havnt updated the website with their divisions for next year most associations have already updated websites to 24/25 seasons.  

Would appear so. Still not been announced when the game in question will be played either.