League cup group G

13 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Just thought I would pop in here to say that Sarkic has a really shit haircut.

Strange comment considering the side also has Pittman comb over; Souda (maybe i'll have dreadlocks and then maybe not) and the legendary Robinson shave. 

Falkirk should stroll Div 1 based on the evidence I saw at the weekend although it might have been nice if the management had arranged to clean 10 years of bird crap off the seats first.

37 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Just thought I would pop in here to say that Sarkic has a really shit haircut. Thought we done quite well at the weekend, the usual scrappy affair like it always is against Livi but much better from some of the guff I was subjected to last season. 

Some result for Ayr, was it a case of Berwick being dung or was some good football actually played?

Bit of both although probably more to do with the former.

Nae shit haircuts though

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Strange comment considering the side also has Pittman comb over; Souda (maybe i'll have dreadlocks and then maybe not) and the legendary Robinson shave. 

Falkirk should stroll Div 1 based on the evidence I saw at the weekend although it might have been nice if the management had arranged to clean 10 years of bird crap off the seats first.

Took me until he was subbed off to realise who it actually was.

Given that it was the first real game of the season it gives me a fair bit of confidence, light on bodies at the moment but hopefully that will be solved before the start of August. That new centre half of yours will be interesting to watch throughout the season. 

I think the team we put out tomorrow night will feature more guys that will likely be starters when the league comes around. I’d imagine Forrest will start and Murdoch and Docherty will also play. I’d leave the defence and the front 2 as it was against Berwick though.

It’s almost 3 years since we last played Livi in the Betfred and beat them 2-0.

Look at the state of our team that night.

Fleming

Devlin
Murphy
Meggat
Boyle

Crawford
Docherty
Cairney
Adams
Donald

Thomas

For Ayr United supporters:

From the Official Site: 

One for the @AyrUnitedFC fans. You’ll be seated in Section A1 of the Imperial Cars West Stand here at the @_TonyMacaroni Arena tomorrow night and should enter via turnstyles 1 & 2 which are to the south end of the main stand.

Take-up for this game has been very slow apparently - which surprises me really. The League Cup is a bit of a Micky Mouse affair but never the less this game could very well decide who tops the group at the end (unless Berwick magically turn things around and/or Stranraer repeat the feat of three years ago).

Maybe lots of people are on holiday still.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the team we put out tomorrow night will feature more guys that will likely be starters when the league comes around. I’d imagine Forrest will start and Murdoch and Docherty will also play. I’d leave the defence and the front 2 as it was against Berwick though.

It’s almost 3 years since we last played Livi in the Betfred and beat them 2-0.

Look at the state of our team that night.

Fleming

Devlin
Murphy
Meggat
Boyle

Crawford
Docherty
Cairney
Adams
Donald

Thomas

Back when we'd just been relegated to L1 and Ayr were in the Championship.  We lost to St Mirren, Hamilton and Ayr in that group, only team we managed to beat was Edin City (think they'd just come up into the SPFL that season). 

Lithgow is the only player still here from that day, and Pittman who sat on the bench (one of our best players now).

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Harsh on McGuffie, Kerr and Kelly to drop out but every one needs mins before the league startsIMG_20190715_174040.jpg

I'm along the same lines but think we might see David Ferguson and Frank Ross. 

LINEUP111563217571192.png

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm along the same lines but think we might see David Ferguson and Frank Ross. 

LINEUP111563217571192.png

Not be far from this , Geggan will definitely not feature , Kerr normally rested on this surface , also feel Bell will play in place of Muirhead , Frank and McCowan will likely get 45 each 

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Where is best to park at the Tony Macaroni?

Stadium Car park for a fiver or take the chance on Lidl's car park for free.  As far as I am aware they only check for daytime matches. The third option is St. Margaret's academy car park EH54 6AT) (- a little further away but there's a handy bridge taking you to the East side of the stadium.

EDIT - forgot to mention the shopping centre is free after 6pm but is a little further away

Edited by Durnford

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Where is best to park at the Tony Macaroni?

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Stadium Car park for a fiver or take the chance on Lidl's car park for free.  As far as I am aware they only check for daytime matches. The third option is St. Margaret's academy car park EH54 6AT) (- a little further away but there's a handy bridge taking you to the East side of the stadium.

EDIT - forgot to mention the shopping centre is free after 6pm but is a little further away

You also might get lucky and get a space round the back of Marini's chippy (next to the swimming pool - EH54 6QT for the sat nav), only a 5 min walk to the stadium and that's assuming you're walking quite slow. 

Bit further away is a Domino's (EH54 6QU), no idea how likely you are to get parked there though. 

19 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Harsh on McGuffie, Kerr and Kelly to drop out but every one needs mins before the league startsIMG_20190715_174040.jpg

, I think Ferguson, Bell and Kelly will be in starting 11 replacing Geggan , Muirhead and Forrest 

Have we changed our formation tonight?

To

Doohan

Ferguson Bell Roscoe Harvie

Murdoch Docherty Kelly

McCowan

Moffat         Doolan

Edited by D'Jaffo

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Have we changed our formation tonight?

To

Doohan

Ferguson Bell Roscoe Harvie

Murdoch Docherty Kelly

McCowan

Moffat         Doolan

McCowan on the wing  surely, seems  awfully attacking that for  Livi.  Moff behind Doolan

Edited by UpInTheAyr