South west Scotland

Question is there enough room for 2 professional teams . Queen of the south and Annan . There is a 16 mile gap between the two clubs in my opinion queens should use annan as a stepping stone for some of younger players and in the long term both clubs could benefit . What are the thoughts of fans from both teams

11 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Why don't Partick become a "feeder" team for the bigger Glasgow clubs, like Clyde, Morton, St. Mirren, Queens Park, etc?

Imagine getting that offended at someone else’s post that this was your retort. What a fucking riddy.

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

Question is there enough room for 2 professional teams . Queen of the south and Annan . There is a 16 mile gap between the two clubs in my opinion queens should use annan as a stepping stone for some of younger players and in the long term both clubs could benefit . What are the thoughts of fans from both teams

I thought Annan were a feeder Club for Clyde?  

Annan are a well run club who have done really well since entering the league .They are like Queens run on a sound financial basis .

There tends to be a natural flow of players from Queens to Annan . I also think that Murphy has an eye for a player .There is a gulf in class ,but that's not to say that Annan haven't got players with potential .

Queens could do worse than loaning Annan some players needing competitive games .

The reserve league is awful and South league horrific .

The alternative is Dalbeattie in the Lowland league , or the juniors .

16 hours ago, lowland star said:

image.jpeg.9037acc0818b891b95269684de5eb515.jpeg

What a terrible attempt of trolling

1 minute ago, Alibi said:

There are 3 professional teams in the south west, not 2.  You have forgotten about Stranraer who are the most south west of all.

I think it was more the close proximity of Annan and QoS that prompted the OP.  Stranraer is a fair distance away,  maybe not far enough mind you,  and other senior clubs are closer.  It is fittingly situated at the arse-end of the country however. 

Archived