Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fixed it for you.

Stay amateur, offer players good coaching and facilities. Sweat the asset of lesser hampden; hire out pitch and building, take loan players which would mean cash reserves will last much longer. What players would be ditched to bring in professionals? Losing rent from Hampden and adding thousands in wages does not make sense to me! How much more money could we possibly make if we go pro? More likely to loose money.

4 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Have you seen one for remaining amateur?

We are currently a cash rich Club and have sufficient resources to see us through any switch to professionalism. This will position the Club in the best position to address the biggest threat to the Club, the loss of 330k annual income. No matter if we are amateur or professional, if we do not address this in the long run, we will have no Club.

I would expect any proposal that is put to the Membership will address this and a plan in place. 

It would be helpful if those advocating remaining amateur can put a counter proposal for comparison.

I have not advocated one or the other because I have still to see a financial forecast which would enable me to reach a meaningful conclusion.

Stay amateur, offer players good coaching and facilities. Sweat the asset of lesser hampden; hire out pitch and building, take loan players which would mean cash reserves will last much longer. What players would be ditched to bring in professionals? Losing rent from Hampden and adding thousands in wages does not make sense to me! How much more money could we possibly make if we go pro? More likely to loose money.
As an outsider looking in, why would going professional cost such a huge amount? The players currently signed are playing for free, why not put them on what, £70 or £80 per week and then the theory of protecting your saleable assets should pay dividends?

14 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

As an outsider looking in, why would going professional cost such a huge amount? The players currently signed are playing for free, why not put them on what, £70 or £80 per week and then the theory of protecting your saleable assets should pay dividends?

You wouldn't get away with paying that under the minimum wage rules. Even if you did the quality of player playing for that would get you relegated.

On 15/10/2019 at 14:35, Glasgow1999 said:

Stay amateur. Leave all the valuables on the front lawn for anyone to nick. Didn't take out an insurance policy. Nothing left and no money to buy new stuff. No heating. No food. Just the sleeping bag and cider left. Won't be long now...

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Stay amateur. Leave all the valuables on the front lawn for anyone to nick. Didn't take out an insurance policy. Nothing left and no money to buy new stuff. No heating. No food. Just the sleeping back and cider left. Won't be long now...

Why the sarcasm? Why not provide us all a reasoned financial compare and contrast!

3 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

We already offer them that and they leave with no compensation. There's only one trajectory for an amateur team in senior football in the current environment. The big money loser is relegation and we have to protect ourselves from that as best we can. Limiting the pool of players we can recruit does not do that. 

Edited by an86

Why the sarcasm? Why not provide us all a reasoned financial compare and contrast!

You’re so tunnel visioned. Somethings in life are so hugely obvious that you just don’t need a spreadsheet. But I’m sure the Committee, who by the way could just crack on if they really wanted to, will be as diligent as the time and resource allows. And hopefully there’s a spreadsheet with coloured cells and formulas just to make you happy.

Rock on Tommy.

Genuine question here. Why would anyone sign for QP, as an amateur, once you leave Hampden? What would the incentive be for anyone.
Hopefully SPFL 2 as a minimum and terrific training and medical facilities at Lesser . I was talking to an ex-pro at the weekend (a team a couple of leagues above us) who said the first job at training was to clear dog crap off the pitch. It's not all about money.

As an aside, the trick, in my opinion, is to have a decent head coach. We've done well in that respect in recent years.

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hopefully SPFL 2 as a minimum and terrific training and medical facilities at Lesser . I was talking to an ex-pro at the weekend (a team a couple of leagues above us) who said the first job at training was to clear dog crap off the pitch. It's not all about money.

As an aside, the trick, in my opinion, is to have a decent head coach. We've done well in that respect in recent years.

Let’s be honest though - most (all) clubs will now train on a very good facility. Will medical facilities really be a draw? I’d be amazed if so.

Let’s be honest though - most (all) clubs will now train on a very good facility. Will medical facilities really be a draw? I’d be amazed if so.
You'd be surprised; the package at Lesser has made a difference before. If you want to play SPFL 2 football in Glasgow, we'll be the team to go to. We won't attract the ex- Bobby big bawz types, but we will hopefully still attract decent standard juniors and keep a reasonable number of our youths, who are of a pretty good standard.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You’re so tunnel visioned. Somethings in life are so hugely obvious that you just don’t need a spreadsheet. But I’m sure the Committee, who by the way could just crack on if they really wanted to, will be as diligent as the time and resource allows. And hopefully there’s a spreadsheet with coloured cells and formulas just to make you happy.

Rock on Tommy.

If it so obvious why not humour me and tell me the effects on income and on expenditure as a consequence of leaving Hampden and going professional.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Rock on Tommy.

Think the committee need to change the constitution which requires a vote with 75 percent in favour. Is that 75 percent of the total membership or just those who vote. If it's the former it would mean anyone not voting would count as a no?

3 hours ago, an86 said:

We already offer them that and they leave with no compensation. There's only one trajectory for an amateur team in senior football in the current environment. The big money loser is relegation and we have to protect ourselves from that as best we can. Limiting the pool of players we can recruit does not do that. 

If players perform well, they will leave regardless of whether we are professional or not?

24 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

If players perform well, they will leave regardless of whether we are professional or not?

We'll get compensation if we're professional. If we remain amateur, the youth system will be completely unsustainable. Our guys are barely getting to the first team before being picked off by bigger clubs with no compensation. It'd be hard to justify continuing to spend meaningful resources on that.