Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

20 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Felt like a pre-season training game. I must admit to being completely ignorant of which league Gretna were in, I was pretty shocked when I was told at the game. Agree that we never got out of second gear.

Only one team from your league can be promoted this season and you have a good few teams at Gretna's level stinking out tier 5. Clubs should be starting the dialogue now to get more promotion/relegation spots.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Only one team from your league can be promoted this season and you have a good few teams at Gretna's level stinking out tier 5. Clubs should be starting the dialogue now to get more promotion/relegation spots.

Agree. When you have teams like Rose,Tranent,Penicuik etc fighting for promotion and then have teams like Gretna,Edinburgh Uni and Vale in the LL. It should be at least 2 promotion spots.

30 minutes ago, Baldie2k19 said:

Agree. When you have teams like Rose,Tranent,Penicuik etc fighting for promotion and then have teams like Gretna,Edinburgh Uni and Vale in the LL. It should be at least 2 promotion spots.

But what people forget is licensing. Tranent boness aren't licensed yet so not as straight forward as you think

2 hours ago, Baldie2k19 said:

You'd need to contrive some special arrangement... like top 2 in EOSL playingoff v top 2 in SOSL... or else it would make no difference to EOSL, as SOSL winner would go up automatically.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You'd need to contrive some special arrangement... like top 2 in EOSL playingoff v top 2 in SOSL... or else it would make no difference to EOSL, as SOSL winner would go up automatically.

Thought for a while you guarantee licensed EoSL and SoSL champions automatic promotion. If a champion is unlicensed the promotion defaults to a licensed runners up play-off or sole licensed runners up.

EoSL champion is basically assured promotion every year without worrying about a playoff. SoSL might attract West Juniors into the league looking to do a Kelty. The number of licensed clubs in the EoSL would sway it to two promotion slots working within the current league format constraints.

28 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

3 down from LL

Top from EoS and SoS up automatically if licensed. Playoff between second in EoS and second in SoS if both also licensed.

If one of the playoff teams is licensed and one isn't, promote the three licensed teams automatically.

If one league winner is licensed and one isn't, and both playoff teams are licensed, promote the three licensed teams automatically.

If you have less licensed teams from those four than the three relegation spots, then relegate 2/1/0 teams and promote the licensed teams accordingly.

In all likelihood that would promote two teams from EoS per season in current state.

Longer term, rebrand the SoS as a West of Scotland league and invite applicants. Run conferences to get the levels as appropriate as quickly as possible.

This is the Rose thread so maybe not the place to continue pyramid discussion. 

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Only one team from your league can be promoted this season and you have a good few teams at Gretna's level stinking out tier 5. 

You’ve never been to a tier 5 game in your life. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

You're right of course. The only ones that count are ones with 5 photos posted on here by people using it as their own personal vanity blog.

Knew it. I just do that to wind you up mallow. Worked just nicely eh :D

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heston Rovers v Linlithgow Rose - South Challenge Cup R3 on international weekend Saturday 12th October.

My memory right: Rose played at Palmerston in the Scottish Cup years ago?

Aye, 4th round. Robbed. They gave Rangers a fright in the final. 

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heston Rovers v Linlithgow Rose - South Challenge Cup R3 on international weekend Saturday 12th October.

My memory right: Rose played at Palmerston in the Scottish Cup years ago?

It was the last match in our first ever Scottish Cup run. I was a wee bit disappointed that we lost 4-0; less so when QotS were in the final come May. I remember the weather was terrible, one of those days when it's so grey it's like living in Tupperware.

IIRC one of the Queen's players had a pop at the Junior teams in the Scottish Cup, saying they shouldn't be in it as they were never going to win it. I remember yelling, "aye, and Queen of the South are gonnae take the competition by storm are they?" Yeah.

Edited by GordonS

Hey just a wee reminder for the more senile contingent of Linlithgow Rose's fan group, this is your thread here, noticed a few of you have been getting lost recently. Hope this helps you get to the right place as your braindead slabbering is bringing down quality of discussion on other threads