Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Just now, Arnie said:

On what basis do you think he will be successful 

On the basis he did a great job at camelon and knows the league and the club.

Do make shitty remarks like that Avalon twit is clearly someone with an agenda.

Herd has taken over a ferguson mess that will take time to resolve.

20 minutes ago, Avalon said:

Utterly honking, the board need to take a long hard look at themselves. As do those so called supporters who we were shouting for Herdy to be the manager. Hang your heads, you have short memories. 

What a roaster 😂😂

On 20/10/2018 at 16:57, Avalon said:

Well is there a letter in the post .. Absolutely embarrassing.

He should never have been back in the door. 

But nothing will change, his mates have got exactly what they deserve and wanted.

Wholesale change required

22 minutes ago, Avalon said:

Utterly honking, the board need to take a long hard look at themselves. As do those so called supporters who we were shouting for Herdy to be the manager. Hang your heads, you have short memories. 

Hi tubby.

29 minutes ago, Avalon said:

Your a f@cking idiot. 
typical arsehole hiding behind a username.  

4 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

I thought it was a good cup tie with both teams playing to win.  Shame it went to a contentious penalty to decide it as their keeper saved them on two or three occasions.  I disagree with Auld Heid as well.  There was a bit of dig there, especially Ogilvie who won possession for us on a number of occasions.  We had enough about us to win that game but bad luck, good goalkeeping and lack of composure had me fearing the worst, which happened. 

All about opinions.

I don't recall us winning many 2nd balls or dominating large periods of the game.

The introduction of Cairns was the only positive for me.

Yes Herdy was going to make changes, but today wasn't that time.  Today was about getting into the next round.  

For me Herdy unsettled the dressing room going into our biggest game of the season.  He has made a difficult job even harder.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

All about opinions.

I don't recall us winning many 2nd balls or dominating large periods of the game.

Yes Herdy was going to make changes, but today wasn't that time.  Today was about getting into the next round.  

For me Herdy unsettled the dressing room going into our biggest game of the season.  He has made a difficult job even harder.

Have to disagree, he played 442 so it was either rooster or cairns.  Has to be captain surely.  Stevenson isn't great and Hare did well.   One of those days where  chances weren't taken.

All about opinions though and we will improve.  As long as we support club unlike that tit Avalon with his anti board agenda.

Edited by Marooneye

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Were you at the game, @The Hologram?

Yes. but watching a different game to you,

Willis is a versatile player who gives 100% wherever he is asked to play, No comments  about our captain who was anonymous yet again apart from his booking? 

No mention of referee who gave every decision  to  away team, including straight elbow on Gary Thom.

Maybee that doesn't suit the agenda of you and Avalon though

49 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

All about opinions.

christ it was his first game and you are already slating him. Maybe if you got behind your players and your managers you wouldn't be having the problems yous have had

Just now, yessiricanboogie said:

christ it was his first game and you are already slating him. Maybe if you got behind your players and your managers you wouldn't be having the problems yous have had

It's easy to criticise, some of our fans It's their hobby.

Herdy is the man to lead us back to where we need to be.

He needs time.

53 minutes ago, The Hologram said:

Willis is a versatile player who gives 100% wherever he is asked to play, No comments  about our captain who was anonymous yet again apart from his booking? 

No mention of referee who gave every decision  to  away team, including straight elbow on Gary Thom.

Maybee that doesn't suit the agenda of you and Avalon though.

I’ve a relative and a couple of friends who watch Linlithgow week-in-week out and read P&B. Your opening sentence is a basically a reflection of their views on Gordon’s posts week-in-week-out. 

1 hour ago, Marooneye said:

Have to disagree, he played 442 so it was either rooster or cairns.  Has to be captain surely.  Stevenson isn't great and Hare did well.   One of those days where  chances weren't taken.

All about opinions though and we will improve.  As long as we support club unlike that tit Avalon with his anti board agenda.

My point was today was only about getting through. 

We won 5-1 last weekend and we made wholesale changes, personnel and formation.

Even playing 4-4-2 allowed Cairns and Rooster to play in the middle. Halleran and Nimmo have hardly played - the latter was maybe a forced choice.

I listened to Herdy being interview and maybe his hand was forced to some extent.  

1 hour ago, Marooneye said:

In hindsight I would say changing the shape and playing Halleran were mistakes, but ones that a new manager has every right to make. He was brought in because what went before wasn't working and he's entitled to make the changes he thinks are required.

Herdy did more than enough at Camelon to deserve respect as a manager from the start and we all know how he feels about Linlithgow Rose. He should have complete freedom to make changes, try out different things, do whatever he thinks is best to make the Rose competitive in this league.

33 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Gordon S. Next game to get excited about?!

Tranent away. We won’t win the league but we have to go down fighting.

Aye, Tranent will be a big game and there will be plenty of others in the league. But even at this early stage you'd have to think making up 13 points on both them and Penicuik is too much to ask.

I reserve the right to completely change my mind if we scud them on Tuesday...

1 hour ago, The Hologram said:

Maybee that doesn't suit the agenda of you and Avalon though

Have you got me mixed up with someone else? I'm saying the exact opposite of Avalon. The board were right to sack Ferguson and I don't think they could have got a better replacement. 

Where have I criticised Hare? I think I've only praised him here. He was very fired up after the incident with their number 6 and I was worried he might do something rash. He's already had a red for a pretty wild tackle this season and in the following home game he nearly repeated it. I've said before that he's brought a load of intensity to a team that can be too nice.

Do I have to comment on every player? My opinion on Rooster is that he's generally looking less influential in games and I'm starting to wonder if his legs are going or if he's losing a wee bit of interest. He's still a class player and I hope Herd can get the best out of him again. I don't think he was anonymous today though, just not at his old standards.

I think you're totally wrong about the referee, he could easily have given them a penalty earlier, I thought him booking their number 6 was harsh and as others have said, Rooster could have seen two yellows. The arm in Thom's face was a free-kick and could have been a yellow but referees don't see everything.

Anyway, glad to get your opinions and not just your dots.

Ah, the weirdo is at it again.

He must think I care about dots. He's red dotted me hundreds of times, often in mini-frenzies across multiple forums, which is very strange behaviour from someone who claims not to care about red dots. I can't imagine how sorry my life would have to be to waste time browsing a stranger's posts on an internet forum to give them wee colourful circles.

I always assume folk can't be as bad in real life as they sometimes come over here, but in his case I suspect he's probably much worse.

Anyway, that's already far more attention than he deserves. I'll be over on the F1 thread next if you want to red dot me there.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 00.32.38.png