Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Thought the first one was a penalty. Not sure about the second as the ref was 5 yards away and overruled by an asst 30 yards away but more importantly the ball hit the ref in the build up but he didnt stop play despite doing so when it hit him later.

To be fair think the Rose were lucky as did not look a corner for the equaliser.

Decent game. If Stowe could pass the Rose might have been a couple up early but Mussy looked decent with no. 11 very dangerous and hit the post with a screamer.

Rose hit woodwork twice and 1 cleared off the line. 

Enjoyed the game but the ref was atrocious for both teams.

Despite the result I thought that was a lot better. We made a lot of chances, we just failed to convert enough, especially in the first half. Stowe and Docherty saw a lot more of the ball in dangerous areas and when TC came on we had a nice balance up front. Ogilvy looks tasty but I'm not convinced he, or anyone else in the squad other than TC, can lead a line.

I thought Musselburgh's number 5 was lucky to stay on the pitch but maybe I'm just biased. It was probably a good game but with a league challenge slipping out of reach for another season it's hard to care about that just now.

12 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

That's what ferguson was really other than he was a distant relative of someone

The next manager needs to have a connection, preferably a family one so that AuldHeid can post that -

X's mother/grandfather/budgie is very proud that he's got the job.

Extra bonus if said family member/pet is deceased so that he can then say that they will be looking down very proudly from above.

Feel free to enquire if Max has any Rose supporting relatives btw.

Good result for The Rose against a top 3 side. Musselburgh now 1 of only 2 undefeated teams in Premier League, this season. But, they still find themselves 11 points behind Penicuik, with a game in hand. 

All four draws Burgh have had, have ended 2-2. 

43 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Thought the first one was a penalty. Not sure about the second as the ref was 5 yards away and overruled by an asst 30 yards away but more importantly the ball hit the ref in the build up but he didnt stop play despite doing so when it hit him later...

Only has to stop play if possession changes or a scoring opportunity is created because of his touch. Was it either of those?

Draw probably fair result, but as a Musselburgh fan I felt the referee gave every decision to Linlithgow late on after what I thought was a softish first pk to us. I'd have taken a draw beforehand, but now feels like a defeat. 

Great entertainment.

Just watched the goals, first for me is a penalty. 

The 2nd is dubious, the ref should hang his head in shame at allowing his assistant who was further away, with a poorer view overule him.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Just watched the goals, first for me is a penalty. 

The 2nd is dubious, the ref should hang his head in shame at allowing his assistant who was further away, with a poorer view overule him.

Was about to say the same. We had one given against us similar a couple of years back at jeanfield in the last minute as well getting smacked at pace right in front of you

I think both were penalties. In the build up to the 2nd Rose player heads it clear, hits the ref and deflects straight to Mussy player to cross the ball. Still not sure why game was not stopped .

I might be wrong on this but last night was the 1st penalty awarded and scored by Musselburgh in 48 games v Linlithgow, makes the score 2-9

And congratulations to Tommy Coyne on his 3,468th goal v Musselburgh (22nd i think) wish he would hurry up and retire....

Both looked penalties and have been awarded for you over the years. 2nd 1 is a replica of the Cup final in Bonnyrigg 

34 goals in last 5 meetings

It turns out a football vlogger was also filming at last night's match - an excellent watch and well worth 20 minutes of your time - you'll also see TC's equaliser from a different angle to the one I caught. Unfortunately, my lawyers have told me not to comment on whoever was shouting from the stand during the tangle Mark Stowe had with Musselburgh's number 5... 

Edited by UpInTheStand

1 hour ago, UpInTheStand said:

In case you haven't seen them on the club's social channels, you can watch last night's goals here:

Thanks. There's no way that 2nd one is a pen, his arm is in a natural position and he doesn't have time to move it. The ref is about 12 yards away with a perfect angle and it would have been literally impossible for the linesman to see the ball strike Brownlie's arm from that angle anyway. A truly honking decision, and obviously so.

And good to see Arnie celebrating Tommy's goal!

Edited by GordonS

Well that was pleasing, 5-1 and it could easily have been more. That's a good example of why I wasn't sad to see Ferguson go - this is a good squad and he wasn't setting it up right. I was surprised TC wasn't subbed, I doubt he'll have too many full matches but the team doesn't make sense without him right now. Thought Cairns had a good game, they man-marked Ogilvy leaving a bit more room for him and he made the most of it.

I'll be interested to see how Dunbar were onside when the footage goes up. I wouldn't begrudge them a goal though.

Only our third win of the season and all three have been hidings. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and good to be back in the goals. Some great performances with Ruari having his best game for a long while and Willis Hare his best in a Rose shirt.

There was no way Mark Stowe was getting the ball for the penalty when TC was still on the pitch - good try though 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and good to be back in the goals. Some great performances with Ruari having his best game for a long while and Willis Hare his best in a Rose shirt.

There was no way Mark Stowe was getting the ball for the penalty when TC was still on the pitch - good try though 😂😂😂

Wilis Hare is really starting to grow on me, in much the same way as the hair on almost every surface of his head. We can be a bit nice and one-paced at times and he adds an injection of rambunctiousness. Occasionally to opponent's shins but you can't take that out his game etc.

When we're good we're very, very good. If Penicuik and Tranent weren't quite to far ahead I would still have hope for this season. Fingers crossed for a repeat performance next week against BOD.