Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

3 hours ago, Zenith said:

At what point did I say anything like the Linlithgow mangement (sic) team are not bothered? Don't put words in my mouth. 

What am I saying? The Rose are a scalp to take, beating us means more than beating most other teams in the league, it's all just three points but beating the Rose means more. 

You think Linlithgow were firm favourites? We'll take your word for it that you can think at all, but I don't think anyone had the Rose as firm favourites, we would be expected to be in the mix certainly, but firm favourites? Never heard anyone talking like that. 

Lol, wut?! 

2 hours ago, Dicko23 said:

Would say the opposite. Couple of podcasts that talk lower leagues had Linlithgow as favourites based on how you finished last season with the cup double and with some of the business. 

One of my mates who goes to the Rose games was saying similar on how strong they would be. 

Correct. Firm favourites amongst nearly everyone that follows the EOS and the aforementioned podcasts you refer to.

Edited by 8MileBU

7 hours ago, Zenith said:

Absolutely ran the game especially first half, just lacking consistency up front. You could see what it meant to the Musselburgh management team to get a win at Prestonfield. 

Plenty of the ball, the Burgh's arse went distinctly unkicked though.  Ye were pretty dire today.

5 hours ago, Zenith said:

At what point did I say anything like the Linlithgow mangement (sic) team are not bothered? Don't put words in my mouth. 

What am I saying? The Rose are a scalp to take, beating us means more than beating most other teams in the league, it's all just three points but beating the Rose means more. 

You think Linlithgow were firm favourites? We'll take your word for it that you can think at all, but I don't think anyone had the Rose as firm favourites, we would be expected to be in the mix certainly, but firm favourites? Never heard anyone talking like that. 

Entirely understandable when you're as bog awful pish as you were today.

12 hours ago, Zenith said:

Absolutely ran the game especially first half, just lacking consistency up front. You could see what it meant to the Musselburgh management team to get a win at Prestonfield. 

As your manager said post match, "we never laid a glove on Musselburgh" 

You huffed & puffed all day without really causing us any real trouble and in the end we comfortably saw the game out.

On the management team celebrating, why not? Our game plan worked! #montheburgh 💙

11 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

One win, one draw, one loss and a goal difference of plus nine. It's just a matter of spreading the goals more evenly.  

Or playing Vale of Leithen every week.

Winning away is always nice, Lithgae nae better or worse than most away wins.

Only time that we'd really put any more importance on a game is if it was against local rivals, Tranent, Nitten, Dunbar to a lesser extent probably top of the tree.

You can believe that Lithgae are all important to other clubs but it's no' true.

On 07/08/2022 at 21:28, RobM said:

Winning away is always nice, Lithgae nae better or worse than most away wins.

Only time that we'd really put any more importance on a game is if it was against local rivals, Tranent, Nitten, Dunbar to a lesser extent probably top of the tree.

You can believe that Lithgae are all important to other clubs but it's no' true.

True enough,,very true. I can remember the Musselburgh vs Dunbar match last season. 
I know what you mean regarding away win. 

Really good game yesterday. Two teams that play football the right way.

Great result for us, we haven’t had too much joy VS Jeanfield recently!

Some top top goals! A couple of cup weeks to break from league duty but four homes and one away to Edinburgh FC (will be an interesting one to test us) to enjoy through September.

Hail the Gallant!