COWDENBEATH 2019-20

A player like Jordyn is always going to be popular with any set of supporters. Absolutely obvious he gave 100% any time he played and certainly has ability too. A bit like a large Gareth Wardlaw who was also very popular.

A fit Sheerin would be playing below his level at us. Sad to see him leave.

While Sheerin played a part in us staying up, which we are always grateful for, there’s a fair bit of cack spouted on here about him leaving.

Hes a big guy and not the normal fit as £uck running machine boring run of the mill player so he adds a novelty and something to have a banter about. Folk seem to be confusing this with how good he actually was.

For every moment he had, there will be hours of play  when he was a passenger (on a big wage for a wee club).

Hope it works out for him as a manager anyway, seems a decent guy. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Finally got around to posting on here , being enjoying reading the comments from fans on here after games . definitely all the best to Sheerin , is their likely to be any more signings before the window closes ? The young Nathan Flanagan was released by Raith Rovers , hes a good wide player with bit of pace and can cross the ball well , would gives us something different , saying that tho we have started the season well , 2 wins at home and 2 losses on road , where most the teams in division will struggle , seems the young boys from Hearts are well capable at this level , a little bit more experience into the team and we could do well this season 

Al the very best to Jordyn one of the nicest guys in the game. As well as his goals he did a hell of a lot for the club of the park too a measure of the man. Bring to bring up a family , run a business and play football at SPFL2 level and the fitness required at his stage in life just a reach too far, and he has focused rightly so on his priorities family & business first football from a different aspect. 

I will always be grateful for all that he did at Cowden as I say a lot behind the scenes and always a welcome face. All the very best to the big guy hope he does really well as a gaffer with his knowledge & personality he has every chance

4 hours ago, SuperCowden said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Finally got around to posting on here , being enjoying reading the comments from fans on here after games . definitely all the best to Sheerin , is their likely to be any more signings before the window closes ? The young Nathan Flanagan was released by Raith Rovers , hes a good wide player with bit of pace and can cross the ball well , would gives us something different , saying that tho we have started the season well , 2 wins at home and 2 losses on road , where most the teams in division will struggle , seems the young boys from Hearts are well capable at this level , a little bit more experience into the team and we could do well this season 

Welcome to P&B- Nathan/Nathans Dad.

Spoiler

Spoiler

By my quick reckoning we have 22 players, no reserve or youth team. You are suggesting adding 2 maybe 3 more? I won't mention money though as folk don't like to hear about that

10 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

By my quick reckoning we have 22 players, no reserve or youth team. You are suggesting adding 2 maybe 3 more? I won't mention money though as folk don't like to hear about that

I don't think we need anybody else really as long as no keeper gets injured or goes on holiday -

Rb - Mullen/Pyper
LB - Swann/Valentine
CB - Barr/Todd/Herd/Pyper
CM - Herd/Miller/Thomas
Wings - Buchanan/Cox/Taylor
FW - Renton/Cox/Allan/Connelly

That's not including the 2 guys on loan from Hearts as I'm not 100% sure what their exact position is.  Hamilton a CB? Smith an attacking central mid? 

Seeing the names Cowden and Brechin next to each other always brings a smile to my face, with that being my introduction to the club only a year and a half ago with the victory that ended another long spell without success and, I think, acted as the moment that eventually inspired that play-off spirit and survival in the league last year (whilst also serving as my avatar on here as the first sight/image I had from the inside of what is now one of my favourite grounds - despite those bogs on the terrace).

So with an impeccable league record so far at Central Park and the chance of really putting the boys in the mix, what do you reckon the score will be tomorrow?

I never want to be too optimistic with football cos you only set yourself up for a potential fall but am gonna go 1-0 or 2-1 Cowden, and hopefully enter September with a real sense of play-off pushing belief.

MON THE COOS

Brechin will be more confident now getting a hard working win over Albion Rovers, on the road, they only lost out to Edinburgh City too, I don't think we will by much goals but I think we have the better players, will go 2-0 Cowden, hoping Renton gets one, to get some more confidence into him

Worked hard, some good quality moments on the ball and a really likeable team on the pitch. A lot of positives! If we could just find a win away from home. 
Absolutely this. We have an intelligence about us in the middle of the park with some pace. Fairly solid defensively too. Mullen has grown on me greatly.

Brechin huffed and puffed but it was clear we had a bit more quality than them.

obviously the wind was a huge factor, and delighted we got in at the break 2-1 up when we had it in our favour. Solid again to keep Brechin at bay second half when everything was coming right back at us with the wind, although I did think young Hamilton was a bit suspect on a couple of occasions. Again what a shift from Renton and the clearance he made of the line in the dieing moments was as good as a last minute goal. Smith looked really clever and could cause a lot of teams problems the more he grows in to the team which will come week by week. Onwards and upwards, positive at the moment with some key players missing still also, not that they will get into the team as it stands anyway. Would love to just see one more central midfielder personally.