UEFA Champions League 2019-20

You never said premier league either, and are now saying 'something like' 365.  Presumably when he was 21 or something.  He is obviously at least as good as any of these players and his record is affected by playing in a league where it's harder to score goals and for a worse team than they do.  Imagine thinking eden hazard is overrated, the pish you read on here holy fk.

I never said ‘something like’ 365. I said he has ‘something like’ 8 goals in the Champions League, which he does. You can make all the excuses you want about what league Hazard plays in but he has 8 CL goals. Neymar has 32. Griezmann has 22. Mbappé already has 14. They all have similar assists to him, and Neymar has far more. These guys have proved it an excellent level and Hazard hasn’t. Racking up the goals and assists against Bournemouth and West Ham when you actually fancy it doesn’t put you up there with these guys. We’ll see how he copes with the pressure of being Real Madrid’s big money man.

32 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Presumably when he was 21 or something.  

In 2015/16, at the age of 24/25, he failed to score a league goal for Chelsea until the 23rd of April, his last goal before that was 4th of May 2015, 356 days.

Hes never scored more than 3 Champions Leagues goal in a season.

He's clearly a good player, but thats it. Hes got the pedigree you'd expect of a 24yo player Real Madrid are signing, not someone who turns 29 this season and cost over £100m.

He has 8 goals in 44 Champions League games, at the age of 29. Thats worse than Nicklas Bendtner (8 in 33), and has him in the 300s in terms of top goalscorers of all time in that competiton. The best comparison is Juan Mata, who has 8 goals in 45 games, and is just over two years older, are you going to claim hes worth £100m?

Edited by RandomGuy.

In 2015/16, at the age of 24/25, he failed to score a league goal for Chelsea until the 23rd of April, his last goal before that was 4th of May 2015, 356 days.
Hes never scored more than 3 Champions Leagues goal in a season.
He's clearly a good player, but thats it. Hes got the pedigree you'd expect of a 24yo player Real Madrid are signing, not someone who turns 29 this season and cost over £100m.
He has 8 goals in 44 Champions League games, at the age of 29. Thats worse than Nicklas Bendtner (8 in 33), and has him in the 300s in terms of top goalscorers of all time in that competiton. The best comparison is Juan Mata, who has 8 goals in 45 games, and is just over two years older, are you going to claim hes worth £100m?

That’s basically my point. Clearly a very good player but not the man to lead Real Madrid back to greatness with that type of record. They should have got Neymar or Mbappe if they wanted that. The fans there will turn on him quickly if he doesn’t start to perform.

For some reason Hazard is falsely hailed as this elite player who is right up there with the best, and I just don’t quite see it personally.

Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

That’s basically my point. Clearly a very good player but not the man to lead Real Madrid back to greatness with that type of record. They should have got Neymar or Mbappe if they wanted that. The fans there will turn on him quickly if he doesn’t start to perform.

For some reason Hazard is falsely hailed as this elite player who is right up there with the best, and I just don’t quite see it personally.

His signing was nothing more than a panic signing when Mbappe turned them down, and it was pure luck on Hazards part it happened when Chelsea were willing to sell and he'd just come back off the best season he'd had in half a decade.

39 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I never said ‘something like’ 365. I said he has ‘something like’ 8 goals in the Champions League, which he does. You can make all the excuses you want about what league Hazard plays in but he has 8 CL goals. Neymar has 32. Griezmann has 22. Mbappé already has 14. They all have similar assists to him, and Neymar has far more. These guys have proved it an excellent level and Hazard hasn’t. Racking up the goals and assists against Bournemouth and West Ham when you actually fancy it doesn’t put you up there with these guys. We’ll see how he copes with the pressure of being Real Madrid’s big money man.

Stats are fickle and can be manipulated, hazard is a famously unselfish player and has played attacking midfield and out wide almost exclusively.  He was.voted second best player at the world cup last year and pfa footballer of the year by people who know much more about the game than you.  One of the greatest players of all time sanctioned his signing for over a hundred million, perhaps he wasn't aware fannybaws on pieandbovril disagreed.

see when I said my advice to most football fans would be don't assume you know anything about the game and your opinion is of any value,instead try to learn from those who.do, this is a good example.

Stats are fickle and can be manipulated, hazard is a famously unselfish player and has played attacking midfield and out wide almost exclusively.  He was.voted second best player at the world cup last year and pfa footballer of the year by people who know much more about the game than you.  One of the greatest players of all time sanctioned his signing for over a hundred million, perhaps he wasn't aware fannybaws on pieandbovril disagreed.
see when I said my advice to most football fans would be don't assume you know anything about the game and your opinion is of any value,instead try to learn from those who.do, this is a good example.

So you’re admitting that you don’t know anything either?

I mean, that is proven by you thinking Zidane signing him proves he is worth over 100 million. The man who has just spunked hundreds of millions only to lose to PSG’s B team 3-0.

Once again, no evidence to back up any of your claims Supras/St. Miranda/whatever you’re called. Just using PFA awards and Zidane’s opinion as your argument. But yeah, carry on think you’re some footballing genius.

10 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

So you’re admitting that you don’t know anything either?

I mean, that is proven by you thinking Zidane signing him proves he is worth over 100 million. The man who has just spunked hundreds of millions only to lose to PSG’s B team 3-0.

Once again, no evidence to back up any of your claims Supras/St. Miranda/whatever you’re called. Just using PFA awards and Zidane’s opinion as your argument. But yeah, carry on think you’re some footballing genius.

And you carry on thinking you know more than zinedine zidane lol.  I know whose side I would rather be on.  How many champions leagues have you won?

27 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I never said I know more than Zinedine Zidane. I wonder what I’d rather use though, stats or PFA awards?

Yes you did.  As did that other trumpet.  Stats are bullshit, how many goals has pique scored?  So is he shite then?  you're comparing completely different players, griezmann is an out and out striker, hazard is not.

Yes you did.  As did that other trumpet.  Stats are bullshit, how many goals has pique scored?  So is he shite then?  you're comparing completely different players, griezmann is an out and out striker, hazard is not.

1. I never said I knew more than Zidane
2. You think stats are bullshit, but PFA awards are relevant
3. Pique is a defender
4. Griezmann is not an out and out striker, nor is Neymar who you conveniently missed out

You’re making a bit of a mess of this, Supras.

6 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

1. I never said I knew more than Zidane
2. You think stats are bullshit, but PFA awards are relevant
3. Pique is a defender
4. Griezmann is not an out and out striker, nor is Neymar who you conveniently missed out

You’re making a bit of a mess of this, Supras.

Mbappe and Neymar are also strikers, Hazard is not. Pfa awards are voted for by professional footballers who.actually play against these players you fucking clown.  You did in effect say your opinion is more valid than zidanes, making you an idiot.

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Real Madrid are shite without Ronaldo.

Although any team would miss the greatest player of all time.

Juventus seem to look worse with him, tbf.

That's not me saying hes not one of the best players ever before anyone starts, I just dont think he fits in with the players around him in his style.

I thought Ronaldo was really poor last night apart from the run and shot at the end. He drifted around but one of Saul/Partey was always buzzing around him to help protect the back four and he got crowded out a lot. Don't think he won a single one on one with Gimenez all night either. When he tried to bring the wide men into play he was a little more effective.

He was awful against Fiorentina at the weekend too. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Claiming Real Madrid managers have any say in signings, and then calling other people morons.

*shakes head*

Well considering that was a condition of him taking the job.  So, you think your opinion on football trumps zidanes?

6 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Neymar a striker

:lol:

Justifying your opinion on a player based on an award voted for by simpletons like Harry Kane and Troy Deeney

:lol:

These people are top level professional footballers.  See when it comes to football,.they've forgotten more than you'll ever know,.and they play against the players in question.

These people are top level professional footballers.  See when it comes to football,.they've forgotten more than you'll ever know,.and they play against the players in question.

PFA awards prove very little, certainly a lot less than stats. PFA awards also prove very little when comparing Hazard to Neymar, Mbappé and Griezmann, 3 players who have never been eligible for any PFA awards. You’re an absolute simpleton.