FIFA 20

TheGoon

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Eventually managed to buy Kondogbia.

Finally a replacement for Lenglet. Think next will be trying to swap 92 Oblak for 93 Courtois. 

Goalkeepers are all the same at that level. On a basic chem style they’re all at max stats pretty much anyway. Courtois, Ter Stegen or Oblak, you’re just as well off saving your coins and using their base card mate

Posted this on the Switch thread but probably better in here...

Anyone got FIFA 20 for their Switch? I got it for £20 from Currys. 

Not seen great reviews but most of them say it's due to no real upgrade since 19...I've not had a FIFA game since World Cup 2010 on PS3. Is this ok if that's the last one you played? I always got PES although the last of that was 2019...

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Eventually managed to buy Kondogbia.

Finally a replacement for Lenglet. Think next will be trying to swap 92 Oblak for 93 Courtois. 

27 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Goalkeepers are all the same at that level. On a basic chem style they’re all at max stats pretty much anyway. Courtois, Ter Stegen or Oblak, you’re just as well off saving your coins and using their base card mate

The only keeper that I would consider splashing the cash for is Team of the Year Alisson. With a basic chem style he has 99 in every category apart from speed which is 70, which is the fastest for a goalie in the game.

At 400k he isn't cheap though.

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Posted this on the Switch thread but probably better in here...

Anyone got FIFA 20 for their Switch? I got it for £20 from Currys. 

Not seen great reviews but most of them say it's due to no real upgrade since 19...I've not had a FIFA game since World Cup 2010 on PS3. Is this ok if that's the last one you played? I always got PES although the last of that was 2019...

The version of Fifa on the switch is known as a "legacy" edition, which is bascially the same game as last year but with updated strips. It doesn't support cross play so I haven't bothered as I'm not going to run with 2 ultimate teams.

Have been playing weekend league today, servers are a bit patchy and there is a lag but nothing compared to what it will be like later on.

Actually enjoyed my games though, despite my record being a bit mixed today.

Quite a few drop back players, with the English Premiership tonight people will be desperate for wins. My most memorable this morning was one guy who had a very good team but just refused to attack me. I scored on the hour mark to go 1-0 up but he then refused to even chase the game or press my players in the slightest. I actually managed to hold on to the ball inside his half for the last 20 minutes without so much as a challenge on my players. Literally did not attack me the whole game. The best thing? His team name was ‘The Venomous’. The irony.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Have been playing weekend league today, servers are a bit patchy and there is a lag but nothing compared to what it will be like later on.

Actually enjoyed my games though, despite my record being a bit mixed today.

Quite a few drop back players, with the English Premiership tonight people will be desperate for wins. My most memorable this morning was one guy who had a very good team but just refused to attack me. I scored on the hour mark to go 1-0 up but he then refused to even chase the game or press my players in the slightest. I actually managed to hold on to the ball inside his half for the last 20 minutes without so much as a challenge on my players. Literally did not attack me the whole game. The best thing? His team name was ‘The Venomous’. The irony.

Posted about this last week. It’s so Strange. Felt bad passing it round my back line but hey I wanted to win and If they weren’t gonna stop me then great. 😂

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

The only keeper that I would consider splashing the cash for is Team of the Year Alisson. With a basic chem style he has 99 in every category apart from speed which is 70, which is the fastest for a goalie in the game.

At 400k he isn't cheap though.

The only keeper worth splashing out on is yashin, imo. And only because he wears a hat.

3 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

The only keeper worth splashing out on is yashin, imo. And only because he wears a hat.

On that note there is a Saudi Arabian player who has leggings. I forgot to take a note of his name other wise I would have bought him for a laugh.

11 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Posted about this last week. It’s so Strange. Felt bad passing it round my back line but hey I wanted to win and If they weren’t gonna stop me then great. 😂

You also know that they will be the ones who will be pissed off with you doing it, despite it being their fault entirely. 

Only had a couple of parts of the Premier League SBC left, so thought I'd get it to the edge and leave it for the extra option to get added, otherwise it'd be extortionate.  On a work zoom call, just adding a few of the last Sheffield United players.  Don't submit it.  Just a couple of keepers now.  Don't submit it.  Awfully expensive these guys.  Don't submit it.  There we go, just one to go.  Don't submit it.  All done, so I won't...oh aye guys, we'll get that done for you...now where was I?

Fucking submitted it, didn't I?  f**k.

Taking a small amount of solace in the fact that the player on offer is unlikely to be better than players you could buy, but still, fucking ooft.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Only had a couple of parts of the Premier League SBC left, so thought I'd get it to the edge and leave it for the extra option to get added, otherwise it'd be extortionate.  On a work zoom call, just adding a few of the last Sheffield United players.  Don't submit it.  Just a couple of keepers now.  Don't submit it.  Awfully expensive these guys.  Don't submit it.  There we go, just one to go.  Don't submit it.  All done, so I won't...oh aye guys, we'll get that done for you...now where was I?

Fucking submitted it, didn't I?  f**k.

Taking a small amount of solace in the fact that the player on offer is unlikely to be better than players you could buy, but still, fucking ooft.

Aw man. I’ve done it for all 5 major leagues. Last squad done just needs submitted when the new players get released. I ended up having to re-do villa though after putting some of the their players in last nights marquee matchups...😂

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

You also know that they will be the ones who will be pissed off with you doing it, despite it being their fault entirely. 

Having messages off means I’ll never know if they’re pissed off or not! 😂

Edited by Wardy

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Having messages off means I’ll never know if they’re pissed off or not! 😂

I've only ever had one really, really bad message. A Rangers 1872 type who couldn't handle that I had beat him 4-3. Possibly ever single Irish/Catholic/Celtic insult that you can think of, probably as I have paddy in my PSN name. (I'm not Irish, Catholic or a Celtic fan). I composed what I thought was a really witty comeback and my mrs pointed out that I was just stooping to his level, so I in the end I just reported and blocked him.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Opened my saved packs for tonight. Got two walkout blue boards but they were they shite EFL cards ffs.

How many packs did you open pal? I’ve literally got 2 that I’ve done today. 😂

Those PL cards tho man👀

Just Wow. 

How many packs did you open pal? I’ve literally got 2 that I’ve done today. [emoji23]
Those PL cards tho man[emoji102]
Just Wow. 

Had 12 saved but opened 6 this morning after seeing some of the pulls last night so a remaining 6 to open tonight. I didn’t expect to pull anything but they blue boards again were teasing.

That EPL squad is disgusting.

Cannot wait to be fucked up the arse by a Salah, Aubameyang and Mane frontline, with them all having 99 pace.

Don’t think they could make the gameplay worse if they even tried to, its unbelievably bad.
No skill involved, the game decides who wins. You have games you murder a play then the next match your players literally can even run or move.
I’ve won over 300 futchamps games, don’t think I’ve played a team that doesn’t have Kante, Ben Yedder, Neymar, Mbappe, Mbabu or VVD in it