FIFA 20

TheGoon

47 minutes ago, Mayos Noun said:

The whole issue regarding Kurt is insane.

EA have really shown themselves up. You simply cannot criticise them without any repercussions on their forum or social media.

What have they done to him now?

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I pack higher than an 80 rated about once every ten packs. Walkouts far fewer than that :lol:

My luck can be summed up by what happened last night.

OTW SBC. I have a tradable 84 Thorgan Hazard, a nice enough card but not used it for weeks, I'll try my luck you never know. Into the SBC it goes and out comes Sebastian fucking Haller. Useless shitty card.

f**k this, Haller straight into another SBC and out pops THORGAN HAZARD.

So I had a tradable Hazard. 2 SBC's and 20 82-83 rated cards later I now have an untradable Hazard.

f**k right off.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

OTW SBC. I have a tradable 84 Thorgan Hazard, a nice enough card but not used it for weeks, I'll try my luck you never know. Into the SBC it goes and out comes Sebastian fucking Haller. Useless shitty card.

So I had a tradable Hazard. 2 SBC's and 20 82-83 rated cards later I now have an untradable Hazard.

f**k right off.

:lol:

I put my sbc Alexis Sanchez into an untradeable one and got Icardi from it. Could already see how that story goes so I just stopped there.

I'm just hoping they release the third player choice for the Prem sooner rather than later because I only have two teams left from the league to finish

4 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

The whole issue regarding Kurt is insane.

EA have really shown themselves up. You simply cannot criticise them without any repercussions on their forum or social media.

Not really sure what EA have done wrong in this case.  Sounds like Kurt is being a little pissbaby, and goes in hard on criticism (not that I watch it, but from what people say it seems to go a little beyond criticism, which is dangerous when you, King VL, have an audience of little VLs hanging on your every word).  If he's streaming their game, and he's making an income from it, then I think EA are well within their rights (as things stand, no matter how ridiculous) to act.  I don't think there's anything to say you can't criticise them without repercussions - go on any twitter post they make about the game and watch the HILARIOUS memes and posts that come out.  Then go visit Reddit.  It's very easy to criticise EA, and quite popular. 

But once you start making money off their product, you better start being a little smarter with what you say.  Quite easy to be constructive with the many, many things wrong with the game.  But given a lot of youtubers seem incredibly immature, seems a case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

So with UCL SBCs probably coming tonight, I've decided I don't hate myself enough, and have decided to do some investing.  A huge number of UCL cards bought over the past few days in the hope they'll rise tonight.  As such, we'll probably get no SBCs at all, and I'll have to quick sell everything.  Watch this space.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

f**k right off.

2 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

:lol:

I put my sbc Alexis Sanchez into an untradeable one and got Icardi from it. Could already see how that story goes so I just stopped there.

I'm just hoping they release the third player choice for the Prem sooner rather than later because I only have two teams left from the league to finish

I thought I'd roll the dice on them too, did quite a few.

1. Untradeable - Hernandez (put in Joelinton)
  2. Tradeable - Hernandez (put in Hernandez)
  3. Tradeable - De Jong (put in some jobber)
  4. Tradeable - It's French...it's a striker...f**k I'm going to do th...nope, Haller.
  5. Tradeable - Jovic (put in Haller)

De Jong is a win, and given his value has absolutely tanked thanks to this, I'll keep him for now in the hope that he at least rises back up a bit, or gets another IF.

Biggest story of this though is the incredibly stupid decision in hindsight to buy OTW Ben Yedder just 24 hours before.  He's now approaching 250k cheaper than I bid.  For f**k sake.

43 minutes ago, forameus said:

So with UCL SBCs probably coming tonight, I've decided I don't hate myself enough, and have decided to do some investing.  A huge number of UCL cards bought over the past few days in the hope they'll rise tonight.  As such, we'll probably get no SBCs at all, and I'll have to quick sell everything.  Watch this space.

I thought I'd roll the dice on them too, did quite a few.

1. Untradeable - Hernandez (put in Joelinton)
  2. Tradeable - Hernandez (put in Hernandez)
  3. Tradeable - De Jong (put in some jobber)
  4. Tradeable - It's French...it's a striker...f**k I'm going to do th...nope, Haller.
  5. Tradeable - Jovic (put in Haller)

De Jong is a win, and given his value has absolutely tanked thanks to this, I'll keep him for now in the hope that he at least rises back up a bit, or gets another IF.

Biggest story of this though is the incredibly stupid decision in hindsight to buy OTW Ben Yedder just 24 hours before.  He's now approaching 250k cheaper than I bid.  For f**k sake.

All I can do now is hope to build my coins up enough to upgrade base Militao to his RTTF card or get someone like Varane in.

FF89B9AF-8B9B-4091-AE10-662388388C6D.thumb.jpeg.a338da8f88634a44d62c253ccab78401.jpeg

Remy will need to go too eventually but he usually gets subbed for Messi or Auba anyway so no rush there.

Been getting elite 2 rewards from squad battles every week recently and decided to go for elite 1 this week. Trust the servers to go down as my game ends and no doubt I’ll now miss out because of the 2500 points I’ve just lost :lol:

35 minutes ago, forameus said:

Not really sure what EA have done wrong in this case.  Sounds like Kurt is being a little pissbaby, and goes in hard on criticism (not that I watch it, but from what people say it seems to go a little beyond criticism, which is dangerous when you, King VL, have an audience of little VLs hanging on your every word).  If he's streaming their game, and he's making an income from it, then I think EA are well within their rights (as things stand, no matter how ridiculous) to act.  I don't think there's anything to say you can't criticise them without repercussions - go on any twitter post they make about the game and watch the HILARIOUS memes and posts that come out.  Then go visit Reddit.  It's very easy to criticise EA, and quite popular. 

But once you start making money off their product, you better start being a little smarter with what you say.  Quite easy to be constructive with the many, many things wrong with the game.  But given a lot of youtubers seem incredibly immature, seems a case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before but what is a VL?

10 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Been getting elite 2 rewards from squad battles every week recently and decided to go for elite 1 this week. Trust the servers to go down as my game ends and no doubt I’ll now miss out because of the 2500 points I’ve just lost :lol:

I missed out on Elite 1 by a few hundred points one week. Don’t think I could go through so many of those games again! 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Kurts whole thing now is playing into this whole criticism of EA. He makes a loads of good points but his whole act is going in hard on them. It’s getting him plenty of views and subs on his channel. He knows there’s a market for this shit and fair play to him for making it work for him. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before but what is a VL?
Virgin lips.

EA being down is annoying.
What I take in real pride is being able to beat players who have a far superior team than myself ( usually wish I could swap teams ) and they rage quit being a bonus.
Did my milestone for spanish goalsso a new player is in.
Need to do Mallorca and Navas will be gone for Correra.
My left back in Gaya and Left mid Guedes be my next two to move on.

18 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Kurts whole thing now is playing into this whole criticism of EA. He makes a loads of good points but his whole act is going in hard on them. It’s getting him plenty of views and subs on his channel. He knows there’s a market for this shit and fair play to him for making it work for him. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Makes like five times the money from it as he would do from winning pro tournaments as well which is pretty farcical 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

No UCL SBCs whatsoever and only a shitty wee Jumbo Gold Pack SBC instead.  Fucking lol.

20 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Elite 1 for squad battles is fine for the 30k but the 2 rare mega packs have been consistently pish for me. Better if with elite 2 or even 3 in my experience. 

Elite 2 is consistently shite for me so time for a change.

Good to see they’ve been original with the third league SBC player for the prem. As if we don’t already have about ten high end wingers (yes I have done him anyway)

6 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Elite 2 is consistently shite for me so time for a change.

Good to see they’ve been original with the third league SBC player for the prem. As if we don’t already have about ten high end wingers (yes I have done him anyway)

Was thinking that myself actually. I’ve got the usual villa, Norwich and Sheffield United and possibly Bournemouth still to do and will go for Shaquiri (already got Foyth, who is actually pretty decent) 

Decided to sell off the high value players who weren't performing in my "Isn't Ligue 1 great" squad, along with a lot of the fodder I had, which pushed me just over the amount I needed for one player I had never ever used.  

Big Lionel Messi has been fit in on 8 chem, and he is absolutely fucking incredible.  Starting in a 4-3-3 with OTW De Jong linking him, just to the right of Ben Yedder, switching to a 3-4-2-1 in-game.  Zambrotta and Roberto Carlos move up to LM and RM and set to get forward, and sweet Brice Ntwambe it is fun going forward.  Often 6 pouring forward when we've got the ball, and I'd be unbeatable if I could a) finish all my chances, and b) keep them out even once at the other end.  Still, fun though.