FIFA 20

TheGoon

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I loath short corners in real life but in Fifa it’s the only way to create chances. Although I play as Iceland on seasons and their three centre half’s are all over 6’2. Pressing RB/R1 and making a run can work with big players. 

Good to mix it up.  People are always going to struggle to cover both the short corner and the longer one.  I always call over the second player, and then react to whatever the opponent does.  If he takes one over to cover the run, you can find space in the box. If he lets the run go you can always work a chance with the short corner.

Still, I don't score too many from corners, but I don't feel like I waste them.

Scoring from corners is possible tbf. I usually try to score direct from the corner but player select the man on the front post and move him in tighter towards the keeper. It’s possible you’ll get a flick on goal or score direct over the keeper.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Hopefully it will push down the price of CL Mertens.

Mertens TOTW card is 100k cheaper than the champions league one, and with a deadeye chem style is a whole 1 rating lower. Prices are mental. 

Decided to commit to doing Osimhen. What an incredibly dull grind. Up to his 85 card and that alone took its time because his 82 is absolutely shocking. Really excited to have to score and win nine times 
Played against him about 3 times tonight, boys a pler.

Played for the first time in months. Fucking hell.

Games a lot more enjoyable now, feels more balanced. Lost all 3 games I managed to get in, all with last minute cutbacks, but that's me more than anything.

4th game was competing well until the weather knocked my WiFi out briefly.

Team is still shite but fun enough...

20200222_061431.thumb.jpg.99a39bcfb225696aa3bc448930f8b9aa.jpg

Just bought Werner, as been faced with tiring defences late on and Lukaku doesnt cut it. I've also got the base Odegaard purple card in there. Just bring him and Zaniolo on if the games gone and try and complete their objectives, I'd lose all interest if i focused solely on doing it so doubt I'll ever get their best cards.

Got that shapeshifter Lucas on loan and chucked him into my starting 11 and he was frighteningly good. Tempted to buy him but I've no idea what actually happens with the cards, do their ratings change or is it the position? He fits in at RW but if they changed him to a ST for example I'd have to play him off chem and I'm aff that.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Got that shapeshifter Lucas on loan and chucked him into my starting 11 and he was frighteningly good. Tempted to buy him but I've no idea what actually happens with the cards, do their ratings change or is it the position? He fits in at RW but if they changed him to a ST for example I'd have to play him off chem and I'm aff that.

No it's not like the Scream cards which will update. It's simply players being given positions that aren't possible through position modifier, apparently. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ah, I thought they changed.

I also had no idea that Scream cards update.

Sure they only update for a brief period tbf.