Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

Nothing I saw from the Scots last night suggests they will be anywhere near the next Euros or any major tournament any time soon, it was the usual dire performance against one of the weakest international sides in the world. Belgium will destroy them in midweek.
This has nothing to do with Rangers or any other club for that matter, but you can never resist bringing them into any debate can you? Knobend.
For the record, I think Steve Clarke is the best man for the Scotland job, but the quality of player just isn't there and that was painfully evident again last night and if I was a Scotland fan I would be tearing my hair out watching that knowing that's the best team they could realistically hope to put out.
I'll post whatever and wherever I like, so why don't you f**k off and while you're at it, get yourself a dictionary and look up the words bigot or bigoted and I think you'll find that absolutely nothing I have posted is 'bigoted' in any way whatsoever. 
Cretin.
Oooft.

All of that drivel mashed out despite not being a Scotland fan, thinking and likely hoping that we get thumped off Belgium.....

Not an attention seeker though... Or a ***. No siree.

Stupid fucking ***.

50 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Let's hope not. The fact he felt Brophy was a sensible choice to start a match at this level is a big enough worry already. Great for Kilmarnock fans though!

Who would you have played instead of O'Donnell?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Oooft.

All of that drivel mashed out despite not being a Scotland fan, thinking and likely hoping that we get thumped off Belgium.....

Stupid fucking ***.

He's a troll though. Not worth getting het up over. Can tell from his posts about Motherwell that he's not actually a raging simpleton. It's all an act

46 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
3 hours ago, MJC said:
I'll post whatever and wherever I like, so why don't you f**k off and while you're at it, get yourself a dictionary and look up the words bigot or bigoted and I think you'll find that absolutely nothing I have posted is 'bigoted' in any way whatsoever. 
Cretin.

**** keep on hunning

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Oooft.

Stupid fucking ***.

I never even mentioned Rangers in this thread, I came on to post my views on the Scotland game as I am perfectly entitled to do. Other posters, the two I quoted in particular, are the ones who keep on referencing that club, now why is that I wonder? Could it be, that they are indeed far more interested in Rangers than I am?? :rolleyes:

Edited by MJC

Killie fans are absolutely desperate to try and convince people that O’Donnell and Brophy aren’t absolutely shit and about 5 levels below what we need.
Jealous wee diddies are desperate to write off players after 1 game because their teams players aren't even close to 5 levels below what we need

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

He's a troll though. Not worth getting het up over. Can tell from his posts about Motherwell that he's not actually a raging simpleton. It's all an act

I'm the first to admit that I troll when it comes to Rangers because the Muppets on here, especially some of the ones that have appeared on this thread just can't help working themselves into a seething mess whenever Rangers are mentioned, or indeed, in the case of this thread, even when they are not mentioned. (Hiya Bairnardo, Hiya pal).

I wasn't trolling on here however, I gave my views on what I saw from Scotland last night. I am not a Scotland supporter, the only team I will ever support is Motherwell, but as a Scot I do take an interest in the national team and would like to see them reach a major finals and seeing them play last njght and calling things as I see them, they just aren't good enough.

36 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

9kobmlw6bmu11.jpg

He absolutely did though, eh. Looked like Mackenzie Crook in The Office at half time. Full time and his follicles were stiffer than me if Souttar got a cap.

Edited by JamieThomas

4 hours ago, MJC said:

I don't detract from the job Clarke did with Kilmarnock, it was fantastic but it's different at international level and he is greatly restricted to players he can select and the set up behind the scenes at the SFA is shambolic, with incompetence running from top to bottom. I'm actually surprised he even took the job on in the first place as he's not the usual 'Yes' man that the SFA usually look to .

I just wouldn't give that Scotland team any chance in a playoff against any decent side, regardless of who the manager was so that's why I don't see anything changing in terms of qualification. They will be a harder side to beat under Clarke if he can put his stamp on the team but they won't have what it takes to win when it matters, because they lack quality and also bottle, as Scotland traditionally lack.

Tbf all.British sides.are.the same, England have been lacking in quality and 'bottle' for over half a century now.

53 minutes ago, MJC said:

I'm the first to admit that I troll when it comes to Rangers because the Muppets on here, especially some of the ones that have appeared on this thread just can't help working themselves into a seething mess whenever Rangers are mentioned, or indeed, in the case of this thread, even when they are not mentioned. (Hiya Bairnardo, Hiya pal).

I wasn't trolling on here however, I gave my views on what I saw from Scotland last night. I am not a Scotland supporter, the only team I will ever support is Motherwell, but as a Scot I do take an interest in the national team and would like to see them reach a major finals and seeing them play last njght and calling things as I see them, they just aren't good enough.

Shut up.you fanny, you're just a self loathing troll.

23 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Knowing that Rangers supporters will be fuming after every single Scotland victory, I have never felt so patriotic. 

Brophy is an absolute nothing player, by the way. He's only a middle-of-the-road striker in the Scottish Premiership FFS. I'd rate him as being marginally better than Chris Kane. He must never don a Scotland shirt again.

I'm a Scotland fan ando a rangers fan. Never understood the ones who don't.  The same wit has the celtic fans who support r.o.i 

21 minutes ago, heeders said:

I'm a Scotland fan ando a rangers fan. Never understood the ones who don't.  The same wit has the celtic fans who support r.o.i 

I am still a wee bit saddened when Scottish folk say they don't support Scotland.

It's always been club AND country for me. I suspect some of those who don't follow anymore have just been scunnered having their heart broken over and over again by various teams and managers. I hope if Clarke does turn the ship around, then they come back on board.

But those who marvel at their own audacity to not support Scotland, who revel in their own edginess, you should know you are just a bunch of tragic pub-bores.

What a bunch of p***ks. They've usually got an English team as well. 

5 hours ago, MJC said:

I don't detract from the job Clarke did with Kilmarnock, it was fantastic but it's different at international level and he is greatly restricted to players he can select and the set up behind the scenes at the SFA is shambolic, with incompetence running from top to bottom. I'm actually surprised he even took the job on in the first place as he's not the usual 'Yes' man that the SFA usually look to .

I just wouldn't give that Scotland team any chance in a playoff against any decent side, regardless of who the manager was so that's why I don't see anything changing in terms of qualification. They will be a harder side to beat under Clarke if he can put his stamp on the team but they won't have what it takes to win when it matters, because they lack quality and also bottle, as Scotland traditionally lack.

They did have bottle last night to scrape the win ( SSC ' s first game in charge etc )

Sorry, on what planet so Scotland 'not have the players' to qualify for a tournament?  The problem has been the manager for over a decade.  Negative, dis-organised shite under Burley, Levein, Strachan and McLeish.  The middle two of which would blatantly spite himself to get one over fans and media who would question any decision he made, to the detriment of the team.

Clarke is like night and day from those 4 idiots.

Don't really understand the criticism of Brophy. If it had been Griffiths upfront (probably still our best CF) then the aimless crosses we hit all night would still not have landed or resulted in a goal. If he had missed gilt edged chances i would be annoyed, but the guy had zero service. His job pretty much was to occupy the CBs to allow our midfielders to bomb on into the space behind. He did that well enough for me, and for an international debut i have seen worse. 

Similar to other posters, i am not buying the whole 'we dont have the talent to play well' argument. We have talented players, we just seem to be preoccupied with combating the deficiencies in our team, that we don't focus on maximising our talented players attributes, and they get lost in the everbody 'chase, tackle, closedown, punt' cycle.

Against other mid level diddies (like ourselves) i wish we would go 442 ( I understand why we dont, but i would still love to see us do it). Fraser and Robertson have two of the best EPL assist stats this season, predominantly from crossing out wide, yet we seem to gear up to try and break through the middle. If these are two of the class acts in our team, then build the team around their attributes and give them something to aim at. At the very least the outball punt from our defense will get challenged. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Sorry, on what planet so Scotland 'not have the players' to qualify for a tournament?  

I think we have the players for certain roles, but not all of them.

16 minutes ago, nsr said:

I think we have the players for certain roles, but not all of them.

Every fair to middling team has it's weak positions.  Scotland are in that bracket.  Other nations just seem to have the guy on the sideline to can combat it.

Relatively happy on Saturday. The win was so vital to keep any remote hopes of finishing 2nd in the group.

You could see that Clarke and his staff had worked with the players all week, happy to surrender possession and spring into counter attacks when we won it back. He has identified that's the type of players we have and that's the blueprint for how he will set up, it actually suits him down to a tee as that's the way he worked with the majority of his club sides.

He has a few dilemmas moving forward, the triangle of McGregor, Robertson and Fraser is just really exciting, on the other side, O'Donnell and Forest just don't have anywhere near the same quality but weren't helped by McGinn who just tends to run about like a mad man for 90 minutes. He obviously needs a centre forward badly, hopefully we can unearth one from somewhere or a Griffiths/Naismith/Fletcher can get back to scoring at scoring at club level and get fit. I couldn't care less about their age, you need experience and know how up there in international football.

31,000 crowd was very promising for a home against Cyprus after the start to the campaign, the managers name getting sung, the manager himself conducting himself positively throughout pre and after match interviews and the fact that not one player called off with an injury/excuse were all further positives.

Roll on Tuesday

Pal of mine who supports Rangers went to the game on Saturday and got 90 minutes of pelters from those around him. If you cannot leave club rivalry aside for the sake of the national team, you are a p***k. 

ETA: And I absolutely despise Rangers by the way.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Pal of mine who supports Rangers went to the game on Saturday and got 90 minutes of pelters from those around him. If you cannot leave club rivalry aside for the sake of the national team, you are a p***k. 

ETA: And I absolutely despise Rangers by the way.

How did anyone know he supported Rangers ?