Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

At the end of the day, you're there as a Scotland fan and your club side should NEVER come into it.

Exactly this.

Tragic that we have muppets on here referencing Rangers/Rangers fans, screaming the H Word and talking about The Union when, for the most part, the Rangers fans on here are also Scotland fans.

5 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

It's a fair point.   Many Rangers fans actively campaigned for their nationality not to be Scottish.   That's why they celebrate their country losing and support NI and England.  

They also have a union jack in their dressing room these days.  Colours nailed firmly to the mast, they're an anti-Scottish institution.

11 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Can you see why most Scots find this football club and their apathy toward Scotland deeply embarrassing?    

No of course not.  A 'fair few' football fans concentrate on their club, be it Premiership or Juniors, and 'a fair few' are indifferent to the national team.  Not my own position as I went to my first Scotland game before you were born but is a perfectly reasonable line to take whichever team you support.

What sensible people do find unreasonable is the number of air-headed fandans screeching about Rangers on a Scotland/Cyprus thread.

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

The "Rangers fans for their most part support Scotland" line.   

"Rangers fans for the most part support Scotland" is beyond dispute.  The same statement could be made for every club.  "For the most part" but not universally true.  I have no idea why you're even trying to contend it.

11 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I suspect that most Rangers fans support Scotland.   I know about 15 Rangers fans.   Probably 7 support Scotland, 3 don't care and 5 actively want Scotland to crash and die and hate the SNP.   

How many Scotland voters hate The SNP?  The majority.

41 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Worth reminding the forum that you're an adult, and at one time you were a reasonable poster.    How the average have fallen.   

Worth reminding the forum that, 'at one time you were a reasonable poster' or 'the mask has slipped' or any variant of such epithets are regularly used against me.  It's all water off a dug's back...to coin a phrase.

The true truth is that muppets like you and a few others have contrived to turn a Scotland match thread into shite about Rangers.  Not that I am in the least bit surprised.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Exactly this.

Tragic that we have muppets on here referencing Rangers/Rangers fans, screaming the H Word and talking about The Union when, for the most part, the Rangers fans on here are also Scotland fans.

Like I said above rangers Scotland ando whoever is playing England for me. Never understand it, could never bring myself to wear a uj let alone an England top.  We should all be proud of our country,  whether we're shite or not 

3 hours ago, heeders said:

Like I said above rangers Scotland ando whoever is playing England for me. Never understand it, could never bring myself to wear a uj let alone an England top.  We should all be proud of our country,  whether we're shite or not 

Go on follow follow and say this, and see what the reaction is.

8 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I suspect that most Rangers fans support Scotland.   I know about 15 Rangers fans.   Probably 7 support Scotland, 3 don't care and 5 actively want Scotland to crash and die and hate the SNP.   

Rangers fans are the clear outlier in Scottish football, with a large section that hates Scotland.    Can we try again and ask you - for the benefit of the forum - In you opinion - what percentage of the Rangers support, actively hates the Scotland team and backs other international teams like NI, Israel and England..?  

Hmmm, in my catholic secondary about a quarter of us supported Scotland. The rest were Celtic/roi fans. Hardly an outlier. 

I don’t even care tbh. Like a lot of diddy supporters Scotland are my big team. There was a “club v country” thread a few months back and it turns out that all clubs have supporters who don’t care about the national team. 

Guest Moomintroll

When are people on here going to realise that Kincy deliberately chooses his avatars to wind people up? On the evidence it appears to be a failsafe tactic, the majority of Rangers fans I grew up with supported Scotland sometimes to the point of near insanity with their expectation levels. Having said that everyone at my School, as far as I was aware, were Scotland supporters. This petty England/RoI thing seems to be a fairly new phenomenon with regards to the desperate race to the bottom that is engulfing supporters of those teams.

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

Hmmm, in my catholic secondary about a quarter of us supported Scotland. The rest were Celtic/roi fans. Hardly an outlier. 

I don’t even care tbh. Like a lot of diddy supporters Scotland are my big team. There was a “club v country” thread a few months back and it turns out that all clubs have supporters who don’t care about the national team. 

Good point.

In my experience fans of clubs outwith the old firm either actively support Scotland or just don't care, however most seem to count themselves as Scotland fans.

On the other hand I've noticed in recent years that many of the old firm fans seem to actively dislike / hate Scotland and prefer Rep Ireland or N Ireland or England depending on their religious persuasion.

Is this Football related ? is it Political ? Is it because they "identify" more with these other countries ? or are they just trying to annoy fans of the so called "diddy" teams ??

Who knows, however what I do know is that we can't paint all these old firm supporters as the same as I know of lots of both Rangers & Celtic fans who never miss a Scotland match and support them through thick and thin.

We may not like what either of these clubs stand for in the domestic game, however it's too easy a stereotype to make that all Rangers fans are English supporting Unionist and Protestant bigots and all Celtic supporters are Irish supporting rebels and Roman Catholic bigots. They're not.

Supporting Scotland is ALL that matters and everyone is welcome irrespective of their football club, politics, colour or religion..............